Thread: Bursting Sores

7+ Year Old Account

Bursting Sores

Last patch BS and EF were marginally close. That still remain true today? I prefer BS but don't know how far behind it is in 7.2.5 new guides say that row really has not changed so looking at the old guide, they were close.

It depends a lot on your haste and relics, higher haste and darkest crusade favors BS, lower haste and VP relics favor EF. Just sim what is higher for your gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    It depends a lot on your haste and relics, higher haste and darkest crusade favors BS, lower haste and VP relics favor EF. Just sim what is higher for your gear.
    OK thanks man. 2x DC relics and haste is 18.xx% so i'll stick with what I like playing with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    OK thanks man. 2x DC relics and haste is 18.xx% so i'll stick with what I like playing with
    EF hands down. For mythic raid progress maybe another choice, but even for single target EF sims highest for me.

Last patch BS and EF were marginally close. That still remain true today? I prefer BS but don't know how far behind it is in 7.2.5 new guides say that row really has not changed so looking at the old guide, they were close.
    I mean, the difference between DA and SR for me is like, 50k, which is nothing. I greatly prefer SR so that's what im running with and that's a final tier talent, I can't imagine the difference between BS / EF is more then 1-1.5%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcs View Post
    I mean, the difference between DA and SR for me is like, 50k, which is nothing. I greatly prefer SR so that's what im running with and that's a final tier talent, I can't imagine the difference between BS / EF is more then 1-1.5%.
    with 4pc and shoulders da now sims 150k ahead for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    You try SR with UF? If so what can you get your attack speed down to? If I recall early in EN, think I had my 2 hander at like 1.1 seconds which was faster than icy talons and 20 haste Lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Also I stopped hardcore M raiding in March and room a break on M Starauger. Now is like to just run H as a casual since the RNGesus is a cruel God and gave me Cold Heart within 4 hours of activating account .... roping me right back in! Bastards!

- - - Updated - - -

Took *

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    with 4pc and shoulders da now sims 150k ahead for me.
    I had to do a bunch of gear swapping and lego swapping to close the gap. But ultimately my DA with shoulders (and 4p) dps is only about 50% ahead of SR.

- - - Updated - - -

You try SR with UF? If so what can you get your attack speed down to? If I recall early in EN, think I had my 2 hander at like 1.1 seconds which was faster than icy talons and 20 haste Lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Also I stopped hardcore M raiding in March and room a break on M Starauger. Now is like to just run H as a casual since the RNGesus is a cruel God and gave me Cold Heart within 4 hours of activating account .... roping me right back in! Bastards!

- - - Updated - - -

Took *

10 char
    I don't know how fast my attack speed is, but goddamn do I have a lot of resources to burn during a fight.

50k is roughly 5% for people doing over 1,000,000 dps. That's a rather large difference.

They are still ultimately very close, even with all PB relics in you will find that there's no conditionals to that. Basically it comes down to like it did before, if add spawns line up just right BS has a ton of potential but EF might be more "reliable" to use instead. That is however why the Deathlords ring is so powerful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Worked real well I'm KJ blowing up adds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    50k is roughly 5% for people doing over 1,000,000 dps. That's a rather large difference.

They are still ultimately very close, even with all PB relics in you will find that there's no conditionals to that. Basically it comes down to like it did before, if add spawns line up just right BS has a ton of potential but EF might be more "reliable" to use instead. That is however why the Deathlords ring is so powerful.
    Yeah that ring looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    EF hands down. For mythic raid progress maybe another choice, but even for single target EF sims highest for me.
    Considering EF is supposed to be a ST talent, that's how it's supposed to be.
    If bursting sores were doing more damage in ST, nobody would've taken EF. And blizz would fix this issue real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    If bursting sores were doing more damage in ST, nobody would've taken EF. And blizz would fix this issue real fast.
    EF is spread aoe damage as well. Increases the potency of your dots on targets that you can't easily cleave with DnD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Last time i simmed EF versus sores, EF was a slight single target loss for me, but then i had low ilevel relics boosting EF damage. I've changed relics since then and not resimmed...which i will

Back to yelling at people for delaying EF forever in the discord with ye!

I am aware 5% is a fair margin, but 5% in favor of playing a more consistent / enjoyable rotation? I'll take it.

uh what. 50k dps is a lot and will add up quite a bit on a fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did better with BS on impossible challenge and defile. Adds melted... er I mean bursted lol.
    If only this sick looking weapon did not have this gay ass neon light around it... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Akusa202 View Post
    uh what. 50k dps is a lot and will add up quite a bit on a fight.

50k dps drop AFTER a 5 minute fight, with even a minor mistake with DA, the dps value it grants will drop reducing the gap between the two as well.

50k dps drop AFTER a 5 minute fight, with even a minor mistake with DA, the dps value it grants will drop reducing the gap between the two as well.
    SR has it's share of potential lost damage as well. All talents do, DA also in practice performs better empowerment wise in game than it does in sims. So even if you slightly mess it up you're still likely coming out ahead. Saying something simple like a minor mistake will destroy your dps is exaggeration.

SR has it's share of potential lost damage as well. All talents do, DA also in practice performs better empowerment wise in game than it does in sims. So even if you slightly mess it up you're still likely coming out ahead. Saying something simple like a minor mistake will destroy your dps is exaggeration.
    I was more suggesting that you attempt to use DA but are one of the 3/20 random targets for a boss mechanic and you can't empower her nearly as well as you'd like resulting in a bigger drop in damage then not being able to use 6 seconds of the SR buff to the max.