Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how 'nuh uh, we haz freedom of speech' can be used by one side but it vanishes for the other isn't it. The officer doesn't have a chance at winning any settlement.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Hope he gets his way. Death to all these ridicolous mobs starting shit and acting like terrorists while hiding behind a "great cause".

This not only spits on the black lives taken away from us every day but also on those who try to fix a problem thats growing.
    I'm hoping that radical movement dies out as much as the next guy, but if he does win...who pays? Suing BLM is like suing a hashtag or subreddit. The best that can be done for now is suing those directly responsible.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I do enjoy the irony of a police officer wanting to hold someone else accountable for the actions of another. All I ever hear from police officers, is that we should not judge everyone, by the actions of a single person. Personally, I'd be much more pissed at the guy who shot me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think this is a good thing, not that I am for or against BLM. I do think this is a opprotunity once and for all to show some uniformity maybe and prove once and for all in court not only at they not responsible for the BS racism smeared by the right against them, but make it clear you can't sue people even if they are black you disagree with because they protest.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If this actually works be prepared to see a whole volley of lawsuits made against Trump.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    No, that's 100% false. Rulings on the first amendment demand an explicit and specific order.
    This is all that needs to be said on the matter. This has been established multiple times by the courts. You need to demonstrate a specific call to action. It's a very tough standard to meet and is rarely successful in the courts. Same reason I said it didn't apply to Trump whenever that was floated a couple months ago.

Being an asshole isn't illegal and doesn't hold you legally liable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Hope he gets his way. Death to all these ridicolous mobs starting shit and acting like terrorists while hiding behind a "great cause".

This not only spits on the black lives taken away from us every day but also on those who try to fix a problem thats growing.
    Yeah, I'm sure your enlighten "death to all" makes you waaaay better than those you treat like terrorist (for whatever reason).

Truly a call to mass murder makes you the better being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-li...eray-mckesson/

Thoughts? Does the officer have a case?
    Well, in Louisiana, I think this is a very hard case to win. As far as I know, the shooter didn't directly reference any of the people being sued, and didn't appear to reference BLM at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    They incited hate and violent actions.
    I can't speak for other states, but in Louisiana, you generally have to cite specific instances of speech, and that speech would have to be directly inciting people to attack police.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    You've never been so wrong. I don't need any such thing, it's not my lawsuit.

It wouldn't have to be a direct order, they spread hateful propaganda every opportunity they get.
    As others have pointed out, the statements made must be very specific. It's extremely difficult to prove that someone incited another person to commit an act of violence with intent.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I don't like the precedent of leaders of protests being responsible for something one person does. I don't like BLM and how it has completely whipped the black people into a frenzy against white people, but this specific case I don't think they should be held responsible for the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm hoping that radical movement dies out as much as the next guy, but if he does win...who pays? Suing BLM is like suing a hashtag or subreddit. The best that can be done for now is suing those directly responsible.
    Which is exactly what people have in mind when talking about suing.

Good. Hope he wins, George Soros has plenty of money to give anyways.

Deleted
    hopefully, BLM is a criminal organization

TBH BLM really needs to be classified as a Terrorist group. They do more harm than good, incite and promote violence against non-blacks and just act like a gang of thugs and troublemakers that use scare tactics and pressure to get their way. Look at what happened with the pride parade in Toronto. They barged their way in like the uninvited guests that they were, halted the parade and forced the organizers to sign a petition banning the Toronto Police from ever being a part of it again and refused to let the pride parade proceed if they didn't sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm curious how you would sue a non-centralized movement.
    I hope he can legally hurt them, but I doubt suing the organization would work. It might work better against Antifa considering they dress alike to specifically to hide themselves, which might make the mob more culpable for the actions of an individual.
    Last edited by Elerubard; 2017-07-25 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If BLM is held accountable based on the actions of one shooter then US law enforcement should be held accountable for the actions of a few 'bad apples'.

Also, I like how people seem to be incapable of criticising BLM without using the word 'thug'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Wow really? Apparently things have escalated since last I heard of these people.

Comedy Gold
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    But is BLM even represented by a group of individuals? Unless there is a plan to sue some big figure head of the movement.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    With that logic you could now be sued for wishing death on them.
    I dont think you understand what logic is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That whole "above the law" typically translates into trying to kill law enforcement officers doing their jobs. Hence "domestic terrorists".
    When their "jobs" involve presenting a lethal threat and stuff like this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-burglars-do how can they expect not to get a response as we've seen.

It's funny how we've gone from set up videos to mock the american public asserting their rights to omg terrorisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Look at what happened with the pride parade in Toronto. They barged their way in like the uninvited guests that they were, halted the parade and forced the organizers to sign a petition banning the Toronto Police from ever being a part of it again and refused to let the pride parade proceed if they didn't sign.
    They did the same thing to Bernie Sanders at one of his campaign rallies in Seattle.