Thread: Favorite pets

Lightbulb Favorite pets

So, I play BM on my hunter, and I love getting new pets all the time. I know at a higher level of raiding, you need certain pets (like hero pet and rez pet) however, what are some of your favorite pets outside of the needed ones?

I have this pretty blue raptor from stranglethorn I named blue (ik, original huh aha) and I also have this pretty auburn/black wolf I named scott ( I think I got him as a rare in elwynn forest.

Anyone else have pets they like just for the pets, and not what they provide?

Yeah, I like my normal wolf who looks like the wolf pet you get from LBRS. <3 me and my little wolf pack as BM

To be honest in a raid it doesn't really matter to much. More in 5 mans where it is nice to have the battle Rez and lust pets just in case.
    Last edited by Coldfire989; 2017-07-08 at 10:29 PM.

Doesn't make a difference at all anymore - anyone can supply hero and tons of classes have CR

Well These are my 5:

Thok - for mortal strikes on pvp
    Core Hound - M+ BL
    Riverbeast - mortal strikes as mm or sv on pvp
    Quilen - Brez M+
    Spirit Beast - for raid

Our raid is full of shammies, mages, locks and druids (lusts and rezzes covered multiple times) so there's no need for particular pets for me. I usually run Loque'nahak being that he has been my favourite pet since I tamed him all those years ago. In 5 mans though I will go with either lust or brez pet as required.

My loadout:

1. Scorpion named pinchy for healing debuff. Don't use a devilsaur as I pvp in other specs than BM
    2. Nether ray for bloodlust, again not exotic since I'm not always BM
    3. Turtle called Donatello for tonking
    4. Crane named Hotwings for battle rez
    5. Spirit beast cause, spirit beast. Currently using Skoll named Jim

Mine:

1: White Crane called Feathers for the BR. This one has actually become the guilds mascotte since he saved the day on occasion with his BR.
    2: Mana turtle called Shelldor for soloing bosses etc.
    3: White Corehound called Ghost for the Bloodlust
    4: Slime (crocolisk) called Booger. I use him for PvP sometimes and because his model is no longer obtainable.
    5: I actually have this slot empty most of the time for when i encounter something i want to tame.

Deleted
    Mine:

1. Thok named "Thok".
    2. Tortos lookalike rare spawn mana turtle in Suramar named "Tortos". First time I replaced Terrorpene, exclusively because of the 'Play Dead' animation.
    3. Grey Quilen named "Pupper".
    4. Corehound named "Drooly".
    5. Bulvinkel the spectral moose named "Bulvinkel".

I'm a creative mastermind.

I'm going to see if I can swap out my pets for a fire loadout:
    - Corehound remains.
    - Terrorpene
    - Iron Horde Wolf
    - Chimaeron Hydra
    - Fire Spider

No brez pet, there are none that match the theme.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-07-10 at 01:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got Fenryr last night soloing Mythic HOV, pretty badass looking as a pet and hati transformed into it as well.

Biggie - Chromaggus for lust
    Tyrone - Black Quilen from vale of eternal blossoms (4 random colors, you have to track its footprints and then flare/tame)
    Sharptooth - Thok for mortal strike
    Tobias - Blue raptor from Org for the spirit beast heal
    Shelly - Frosty mana turtle from suramar for tanking.

edit to include names

Deleted
    As a gnome hunter mechanical is a must. So i'm using an iron juggernaut pet named "EisernerKlos" which sounds like the german name "Eiserner Koloss" spoken by a drunk dwarf ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I mix and match my pets around all the time when I'm bored. But for content I tend to stick with the following:

Lust Pet - White Corehound from Draenei Starting Area. Named it Fenrir. Will use a Nether Ray Called Loki if I'm not in BM Spec
    Spirit Beast - Will switch between the Fox or Leopard depending on mood.I swap them back and forth often as I like their looks.
    Rezz Pet - I have a Quillen and Crane, but I usually use the Moth instead since it is quieter then the crane and not an exotic if I spec swap from BM.
    Tank Pet - Will swap between the fancy Suramar Rune Turtle or a Kodo depending on how beefy of a tank I need.

One SV mainly uses a black raptor, the other SV uses a green xenomorph from hellfire peninsula. My MM is lone wolf (of course), but I did flip to tame Thok the other week. My BM is still unused, but has one of those isle of giants direhorns.

I'm a boring hunter. Everyone has a Humar and an Echeyakee, way back in the day I took my twink hunter over to get The Rack.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

My Fave pet is definitely Lone Wolf Talent :P

Core Hound named Loaf
    Quilen named Cake
    Fenryr named Fenryr (not creative but I feel like his name is part of the ...exclusivity? Can't think of the appropriate word)
    Arcane purple Hippogryph named Bagel

Well if we're talking appearances theres lots of options. If we're talking practical

--Nether ray: Bloodlust for all 3 specs
    --Crane: battle rez for 3 specs.
    -River beast: Mortal strike for 3 specs
    --Spirit beast: Because everyone needs heals once in a while.
    --Mechanical sheep: Because everyone is scared of wool

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite? Easy, Loque'nahak is #1. Using it as my Hati skin so I can use other pets for their utility.