Thread: Coincidence

Coincidence

Do you think its a coincidence that the men tasked with maintaining the foundation of our justice system and thereby allowing society to thrive are called cops, or coppers, and that copper is the primary element used in a computer system for the relay of electricity, of which indicates the system is 'alive' and able to operate

And before you declare no correlation, consider that as man has evolved so too has language, making English arguably the most evolved. I believe its at a point it could even be considered a direct line of communication between man and God himself. And in that sense it is a clear indication that technology is already self-aware as I have long suspected.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, I only offer this as food for thought, perhaps even a warning of the implication of this idea.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

10+ Year Old Account
    Correlation =/= causation.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

...what?

Also, English the most evolved language?

XD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot more boring than that (especially given for your theory to be correct the term "copper" had to have started recently; it didn't) "to cop" means "to capture". So a copper is "one who captures".

Drugs. Dont do drugs kids.

No. The term "Cop" has nothing to do with relaying electricity

http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/cop.asp

Instead, the police-specific use of “cop” made its way into the English language in far more languid fashion. “Cop” has long existed as a verb meaning “to take or seize,” but it didn’t begin to make the linguistic shifts necessary to turn it into a casual term for “police officer” until the mid-19th century. The first example of ‘cop’ taking the meaning “to arrest” appeared in print around 1844, and the word then swiftly moved from being solely a verb for “take into police custody” to also encompassing a noun referring to the one doing the detaining. By 1846, policemen were being described as “coppers,” the ‘-er’ ending having been appended to the “arrest” form of the verb, and by 1859 “coppers” were also being called “cops,” the latter word a shortening of the former.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Copper is a poor conductor compared to silver and gold for computing purposes. Furthermore, it could be argued that semi-conductors are the fundamental building materials of computing systems.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Look it goes like this-
    The pen may be mightier than the sword but penicillin is still enough to supersede the will of the Lord..but that's all about to change

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Look it goes like this-
    The pen may be mightier than the sword but penicillin is still enough to supersede the will of the Lord..but that's all about to change
    What are you on?

Way too High

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

When Instagram met Facebook we made a new generation of people.

I want some of what he's having. Just have to make sure I don't have to drive for at least 48 hours afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    What are you on?
    I believe it to be a higher dimension of existence compared to the average human being

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    I believe it to be a higher dimension of existence compared to the average human being
    But, like, what if it's actually like a lower plane instead, man?

Well, this thread is clearly going nowhere but confusion, which is leading to mocking the OP.

Closing this on that note. Next time when creating a thread, please consider whether or not the topic is sensible.