Shadow experience

Hi,

the one thing i currently enjoy in wow is trying out new classes/spec.
    i leveled up my lock, had a blast, i like to DPS so i thought i'd try Shadow.

after being 110 for about a week, i got to 881, and something's very very wrong with AOE, its shameful.

Single Target, i guess its ok, the DPS rotation is fantastic!!
    its very fun, requires thinking and planning ahead, always challenging to get those stacks as high as posisble, and know when to do what on each boss.

but i cant get passed the AOE being so awful, in Mythics and daily heroic, mobs die so fast, you just dot 1 or more, and then spam mind flag for the AOE crap to shoot up?
    that's all? the dmg/dps on it is so freaking weak, it doesnt feel right.

Am i doing it wrong? or is that really all the AOE that we have???
    i think Shadow is lacking a few talents/spells to fix this issue, blizz just seems to give up on Shadow with AOE imo

with very long living adds its great, u put the 2 dots on them, and its just passive AOE.

i think a holy priest passed me on AOE at some point in a daily heroic

thanks,

/end rant

That's correct and its all you can do, low keys/heroics you might aswell be the healer and do more damage

Yep, Shadow AoE is garbage, and ST isn't much better. People whined about Shadow being really good with S2M, and Blizzard responded by nerfing us to the bottom.

Kinda sad when a fucking healer has better AoE than a DPS.

Just give us old mind sear back

If you want good AOE as a priest you spec holy :^)

You just have to pray to RNJesus you get your hands on the ToS trinkets. With Terror from Below and Spectral Thurible my aoe went op ALOT, same with single target. Really helps with your dps, when your trinket just do like 5m burst at the start of the fight. I went from 850k on Goroth to 1050m dps after i got those trinkets. But yes, shadow is really bad for Aoe, and especially lower level keys. I just try to avoid those keys, and try to do minimum 10+, because on higher keys shadow begins to shine

The way I found to do lots of dps is to pull before the tank while i'm at good voidform stack count. You dots adds before dps have time to hit then you can do a good amount of dps. Like Rumex said aswell, trinket helps a lot too. Low M+, you shouldnt even try to perform and shouldnt be bothered by that. Try raid and high M+ and you'll see the true spriest power. iLvl 881 is not good for spriest. You need haste a lot.