Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Trudeau takes shots at US, UK for 'turning inward'

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Tuesday that the United States and United Kingdom are “turning inward," pointing to “clear disagreements” with U.S. foreign policy before the upcoming Group of 20 (G20) summit this week, Yahoo News reported.

"There are tremendous opportunities for countries like Canada and Ireland, at a time where perhaps our significant allies and trading partners in the case of both the U.S. and the U.K. are turning inward
    or at least turning into a different direction," Trudeau reportedly said during a joint press conference with new Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar during an official visit to Dublin.

Trudeau’s comments come after President Trump accused the U.S.'s northern neighbor of unfairly “dumping” low-priced exports into U.S. markets through the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Trump campaigned on an "America first" agenda, and other nations have been stepping up to fill a perceived void in global leadership.

Trudeau, who strongly stands behind the Paris climate agreement, also pointed out his disapproval with Trump’s decision to pull out of the deal, Yahoo reported.

"The choices made by the United States on trade and climate change are at odds with the majority of G20 countries, or even all the other G20 countries," the Canadian leader said, referring to the upcoming G20 summit, in which Trump is set to meet with world leaders.

Trudeau also said the summit would create an opportunity for "robust and honest exchanges about how to serve not only our citizens but the whole planet.”

Varadkar also appeared to criticize Britain for its decision to exit the European Union, saying its neighbor “unfortunately” decided to leave the bloc.

"We each share a relationship with a very big neighbor, a neighbor that has to a certain extent decided to go in a different direction, at least for the time being," said Varadkar, Ireland's first openly gay prime minister.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...turning-inward

Thought this was really cool. It is what fearless leadership looks like. You say what needs to be said, not what makes you popular.

Would be cool for Canada and Ireland to work closer moving forward, with Brexit and all. With Globalization, it's a fool's errand to turn inward. The world is more interconnected than ever.

No, Trudeau is still a pos. He is a self serving individual who hasn't a done a thing for Canada. He travels across Canada speaking out both sides of his mouth appeasing people in front of him no matter who the audience is and is now taking it to the world stage. Another year and he will be out of the picture

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Thought this was really cool. It is what fearless leadership looks like. You say what needs to be said, not what makes you popular.

Would be cool for Canada and Ireland to work closer moving forward, with Brexit and all. With Globalization, it's a fool's errand to turn inward. The world is more interconnected than ever.
    Then he has something in common with Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Then he has something in common with Trump.
    Uhh Trump said what people wanted to hear dude. Bringing back jobs and winning so much we would get tired. Baseless promises that he could never keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good of him to speak on what other world leaders won't.
    The G20 was a disaster for the United States

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's not his father so any stern words he shares is more like being attacked my a gummy bear.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh Trump said what people wanted to hear dude. Bringing back jobs and winning so much we would get tired. Baseless promises that he could never keep.
    Exactly what he is doing...saying what people want to hear...makes him look like a stand up guy doesn't it?

Who is this Trudeau guy? He suddenly seems very popular.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account

Seriously? Fearless leadership? He's so fearless that he changes position to appease whomever he's talking to. That's not fearless, that is cowardly appeasement. The only reason he got elected is he's Pierre's whelp.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    The US and the UK have shown they have no desire to lead the world. The rest of the world are already trying to find the best ways to work around them. Thier politicians have lost value, in thier words and actions. Both countries have pressed fast forward on thier own decline. They have managed to alieanate thier allies and will become ever isolated in the world as they diminish. The US is no longer the leader of the free world, meaning China and Russia two authoratarian regimes will have an increased role in forging a new set of rules in global politics. While the UK will be the first nation on earth to commit economic and soft power suicide for no real reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Good of him to speak on what other world leaders won't.
    The G20 was a disaster for the United States
    What parts were a "disaster"?

10+ Year Old Account

Ottawa Oscar, do you not read the jobs reports when they are released? of course not, because if you had, you would know that you are full of crap.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What parts were a "disaster"?
    The part where the g19 has realized the United States has no current intent of aiding in globalization, so they're moving on without us.

Since all he is doing is knocking on the other guys that don't share his view... I guess North Korea has been about the same and is a fearless leader as your Canadian guy here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Since all he is doing is knocking on the other guys that don't share his view... I guess North Korea has been about the same and is a fearless leader as your Canadian guy here.
    NK is a communist country. Not part of the G8 or G20. Hardly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    The part where the g19 has realized the United States has no current intent of aiding in globalization, so they're moving on without us.
    Globalization = welfare for the rest of the world on the US dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Canadian God Emperor.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Tennisace's Husbando, that's why he posts all these threads about dating and stuff whilst being largely vague about his thoughts on it. They're trying to keep pure until senpai notices them spreading their word.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

You mean welfare for corporations on the dime of everyone else. Otherwise known as American "Capitalism".

10+ Year Old Account
    It's coming. Bemoan all you want, but globalization is happening.