How are you using Spectre of Betrayal?

I picked up this trinket in our last raid, and was wondering how other rogues are incorporating it into their rotation? Are you macro'ing it to major CDs ... macro'ing it to only specific CDs ... or giving it its own keybind and using at your discretion?

Thx in advance for any input and cheers!

How are you using Spectre of Betrayal?
    keepin' in my bag

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    keepin' in my bag
    Probably same, although I only have the normal version (ilvl 910) - I have mixed feelings (science).

In regards to your comment - I don't think you can blindly macro it to any ability as placement of the specter is key to getting the most out of the trinket. Your big damage benefit comes from having two up at once during the pulse and both of those pulses hitting a target. You have to account for that when you use it and sort of guess where the boss or other target will be on subsequent cd uses. If you get it right the damage is good, if you don't then its not the best trinket as you end up wasting some of its damage on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzaj View Post
    Probably same, although I only have the normal version (ilvl 910) - I have mixed feelings (science).

In regards to your comment - I don't think you can blindly macro it to any ability as placement of the specter is key to getting the most out of the trinket. Your big damage benefit comes from having two up at once during the pulse and both of those pulses hitting a target. You have to account for that when you use it and sort of guess where the boss or other target will be on subsequent cd uses. If you get it right the damage is good, if you don't then its not the best trinket as you end up wasting some of its damage on nothing.
    exactly. the practical use is questionable, because it requires very static positioning to deliver full performance.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    exactly. the practical use is questionable, because it requires very static positioning to deliver full performance.
    That's true, but tbf, how many bosses in Tomb actually move that much? Balec doesn't move, the engine and priest don't move on Host, Harjatan stays static for the most part, Avatar first phase is static, KJ shouldn't be moving that much. There are only 3 bosses in the raid where this trinket could be a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    That's true, but tbf, how many bosses in Tomb actually move that much? Balec doesn't move, the engine and priest don't move on Host, Harjatan stays static for the most part, Avatar first phase is static, KJ shouldn't be moving that much. There are only 3 bosses in the raid where this trinket could be a real problem.
    Which simply further enforces the idea that trinkets are situational and it's ok to have a few in your bags to switch from depending on the boss at hand.
    EVGA GTX 970 4GB SC | i5-4690K Quad-Core @4.5GHz CPU
    Ripjaws 16GB 1866 (4x4GB) RAM | H80i Liquid Cooling System
    Corsair RM 750W G+ Fully Modular PSU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Motherboard
    Cobra Series R Gaming Keyboard | Razer Deathadder Chroma Gaming Mouse
    Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD | Seagate 7200 RPM 2TB HDD
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor | Enermax OSTROGG GT Mid Tower

On method maiden video the rogue use on cd but show only 15 secs of rogue gameplay so is hard to say.

Personally if i have it i will use on CD.

I have a 945 one that I'm lining up with Vanish+Symbols+DFA+Dance combo. Since that's up every 1:30, I just use it inbetween on the 0:45 mark and it works beautifully.

Averaged about 5-6% on Sisters wipes yesterday: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=103
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

you can pmuch use it on CD since every 2nd one will line up with vanish(obviously make sure to wait for vanish+symbols+dance with it and not just spam on cd, but you get my point)

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you can pmuch use it on CD since every 2nd one will line up with vanish(obviously make sure to wait for vanish+symbols+dance with it and not just spam on cd, but you get my point)
    Isn't this essentially DoS with agi instead of haste? Granted, not boost from agonizing poison, but you still get the crit benefit from the shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Isn't this essentially DoS with agi instead of haste? Granted, not boost from agonizing poison, but you still get the crit benefit from the shoulders.
    This doesn't root you / take control of your character from you. So there you have a huge difference. Also the damage source is your appartion. This means that it is important where you use the trinket and the 1 minute duration apparition paired with 45 sec cd means that you can double the effect if you can use the trinket optimal. Other than that.. yeah no difference I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    This doesn't root you / take control of your character from you. So there you have a huge difference. Also the damage source is your appartion. This means that it is important where you use the trinket and the 1 minute duration apparition paired with 45 sec cd means that you can double the effect if you can use the trinket optimal. Other than that.. yeah no difference I guess?
    You misunderstood me i think. I actually like the trinket. Maybe i wasn't clear enough. All the things you mention are just more reasons I see it as kind of a new and improved DoS. It synergizes well with the shoulders, while elimating the annoying loss of control that was an unfortunate downside to DoS.

Is it bis? probably not. but it ain't bad until something better comes along.

With the removal of AP, and TB buffing only Poision dmg, I don't think it will be this good. Best solution to this is, sim it ^^.
    Sig and Avatar by Shyama - thx again

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowslim View Post
    With the removal of AP, and TB buffing only Poision dmg, I don't think it will be this good. Best solution to this is, sim it ^^.
    Like the DoS, it is affected by the legendary shoulders. So it's best to use it right after vanish. I have simmed it and it sims quite well actually compared to the crappy 895 CoF I have in my bags.