Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Alliance whats good race for alliance for monk

hey so im trying make windwalker monk with healer off spec and i was wondering what is good race to pick for the monk class on the alliance side other then the panda

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drayden View Post
    hey so im trying make windwalker monk with healer off spec and i was wondering what is good race to pick for the monk class on the alliance side other then the panda

Any. Just look at various animation on youtube and make your choice. That's the only right answer.

Deleted
    Gnome
    Reason: We are Cute, rare and enemies only see us if it's too late!

Deleted
    Night elf.
    Extra dodge is quite useful when you are tanking, and for anything open world, i'd really miss shadow meld playing anything else.

Play blood elf on horde because of the AOE silence for dungeons but on alliance i would play pandaren any day

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play what you like the look of.

I like Humans for aesthetics, but I also like the Rep Bonus and EMFH.

Unless you plan to play for a World First pushing Mythic Guild, it really does not matter.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    I love playing female panda. They have nice animations and are fitting to the class theme. The racial is nice as well, especially now with the buffed feasts.

truth be told, if you're asking that question, you can safely pick whatever you think looks nice, educated players already know the answer, and for everybody else that little bonus which comes with any specific race wont make a difference

10+ Year Old Account
    All's I'm saying is that I made a Gnome monk because I thought it would be funny but it wasn't, it's just annoying.

Nelf is best Alliance race. Don't underestimate the utility and general entertainment value of a free stealth CD.

pandaren.
    monks (WW) scale best with main stat. feasts provide main stat. it's almost like having a second flask.

btw: peakofserenity.com

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best race for a monk is Tibetan. Seriously though, the best race in-game to play as a monk would be pandaren since they go paw in paw.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

There is only one answer: Pandaren. Playing other race than Pandaren isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Best race for a monk is Tibetan.
    Only if you enjoy getting harassed or burning yourself alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I love playing female panda. They have nice animations and are fitting to the class theme. The racial is nice as well, especially now with the buffed feasts.
    Pretty much my choice and still my favorite race/gender combo in the game. Best animations too IMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Male pandaren run hideously with most armor models. The chest pieces look like stretched out t-shirts. They also have that short panda tail which looks like half a turd sticking out your pants, whereas at least female pandaren get a red panda long option.

Pandaren also have trouble properly showcasing armor that was meant to show skin and muscle -- they simply do not look athletic.

Humans have amazing racials. You don't understand how useful a stunbreak can be. On top of the rep gains from being human making rep grinds absurdly easy.

Night elf shadowmeld is nice, but honestly you can just chi torpedo>flying serpent kick and rid yourself of most mobs that way.

Draenei is also really nice because monks have shit self healing, and a free 20% health heal every 3 minutes is not a bad racial to have, ESPECIALLY as a tank when you pull a large pack.

Panda anything else is just kinda weird.

Deleted
    gnomes are the only race for anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Male pandaren run hideously with most armor models. The chest pieces look like stretched out t-shirts. They also have that short panda tail which looks like half a turd sticking out your pants, whereas at least female pandaren get a red panda long option.

Pandaren also have trouble properly showcasing armor that was meant to show skin and muscle -- they simply do not look athletic.

Humans have amazing racials. You don't understand how useful a stunbreak can be. On top of the rep gains from being human making rep grinds absurdly easy.

Night elf shadowmeld is nice, but honestly you can just chi torpedo>flying serpent kick and rid yourself of most mobs that way.

Draenei is also really nice because monks have shit self healing, and a free 20% health heal every 3 minutes is not a bad racial to have, ESPECIALLY as a tank when you pull a large pack.
    Male Pandas look amazing in some helms designed for them though - particularly the Red Crane and Shado-Pan helms. Granted, fem Pandas look great in those too, but they look weird/too small on other races. Arguebly, T21 looks best on Pandas as well, if you're planning to raid on this Monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    That annoying verbal HEEYA! they do is irritating on so many levels though.

PvE: Anything you like.
    PvP: Human