Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Alliance: Human female
    Horde: Blood elf female

Don't play a traitor pandaren!

7+ Year Old Account
    Female Gnome. Just because its looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Gnome
    Reason: We are Cute, rare and enemies only see us if it's too late!

The rollllz just fill so looooonggg

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Female dwarf.

Explorer: passive You find additional fragments when looting archaeological finds and you can survey faster than normal archaeologists.

Need I say more? Oh now I feel sad. At least I am cute!

Draenei because it's the only leather using class for Draenei.

Clearly its Undead

Deleted
    Dwarf Male, that racial saved me a couple times.

Draenei Male! The drunk animation is really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is gnome male. Picked it to be a special snowflake, but I dislike the aesthetics and animations.
    Pandaren males are fat.
    Should I decide to change race I would pick human or draenei.

I find Shadowmeld is the racial I tend to use the most. It's just a huge quality of life spell to have.

All the Monk skills are Celestial/Pandaren themed, so Pandaren is the obvious choice. I'd say Dwarf isn't too bad when it comes to BrM and WW to an extent. Human may also be acceptable as WW (Borther Korloff comes to kind, a pity they haven't given him to us as a Champion).

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Two kinds of monks: Pandas and Pandawannabes

Deleted
    for Alliance night elfs and draenei , prety usefull racials. Nelfs look pretty good in armor, and draenei well youre kicking people with hooves .

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with us pandas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    Night elf.
    Extra dodge is quite useful when you are tanking, and for anything open world, i'd really miss shadow meld playing anything else.
    Monk tanks have plenty of dodge already, and what we don't dodge we stagger nicely. For tanking, Stoneform is better for the 10% extra PDR for very intense burst phases. Draenei's GotN is also useful for the 20% heal, as it's 20% of current health and therefore scales linearly with health gain. Panda is also a good choice because the 500 agi feast becomes 1000 agi if you eat it as WW spec then switch back to tank. That's 500 extra agi, which means more damage, healing AND a tiny amount of extra dodge as icing on the cake.

Heck, I wouldn't play Panda but their racials are just amazing in general. 500 extra agi. Seriously. That's really good.
    Last edited by Will; 2017-08-03 at 01:41 AM.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The way of the Monk was discovered/created/invented by Pandaren. Other races learn to be monks by studying under Pandaren masters. If you only care about numbers crunching, this may not mean much, but if you are into lore and the flavor of the game, there is an obvious answer to OP’s question. If you have never played Pandaren before and want to check out the starter zone, what better chance? If you’ve already played Pandaren and are looking for something different, there are good cases to be made for each of the races:

Draenei:
    • Gift of the Naaru: Heals the target for 20% of the caster's total health over 5 sec.
    • Heroic Presence: Increases your Strength, Agility, and Intellect by 65 (scales with level).
    • Shadow Resistance: Reduces Shadow damage taken by 1%.

Dwarf:
    • Frost Resistance: Reduces Frost damage taken by 1%.
    • Might of the Mountain: Critical strike bonus damage and healing increased by 2%.
    • Stoneform: Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8 sec.

Gnome:
    • Arcane Resistance: Reduces Arcane damage taken by 1%.
    • Escape Artist: Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect.
    • Expansive Mind: Maximum resource increased by 5%.
    • Nimble Fingers: Haste increased by 1%.

Human:
    • Every Man for Himself: Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.
    • The Human Spirit: Versatility increased by 100 (scales with level).

Night Elf:
    • Nature Resistance: Reduces Nature damage taken by 1%.
    • Quickness: Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 2%, and your movement speed by 2%.
    • Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect.
    • Touch of Elune: Increases your Haste by 1% during the night.Increases your Critical Strike by 1% during the day.

Pandaren:
    • Bouncy: You take half falling damage.
    • Epicurean: Your love of food allows you to receive 100% more of the stats from Well Fed effects.
    • Quaking Palm: Strikes the target with lightning speed, incapacitating them for 4 sec, and turns off your attack.

Deleted
    I went with a male dwarf. I feel the monk aesthetic makes a lot of sense for dwarves, and not only because of the dwarf affinity towards brews.

I see the monk as a "light-hearted adventurer" type, a refreshing contrast to the dark, edgy heroes set on vengeance. This fits dwarves very well. Monk is the physical combatant/healer archetype, and the dwarves do not have a strong stereotype here like many other races. Humans are in this regard paladins lore-wise, night elves are druids, draenei are also paladins, with more of the naaru spin. Sure, you can be a dwarf paladin, but does not feel like a typical dwarven thing to me.

Much of what I said above can be said for gnomes as well, but I see gnomes more as the indoorsy, tinkering type. So dwarf for me

Deleted
    PvE, dwarf no question asked.

If a class CAN be night elf, I choose night elf. Trying to play without Shadowmeld as an option is a pain.
    I'm not always right, you're just usually wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drayden View Post
    hey so im trying make windwalker monk with healer off spec and i was wondering what is good race to pick for the monk class on the alliance side other then the panda
    ~~~~~
    ~ This ~
    ~~~~~