1. #1

    Your UI / Nameplates ? =)

    Hiho!
    Im trying to make a new UI, How does your look ?
    What nameplates are you using? Would be fun to see everyones work!
    Ill post one myself soon =)

  2. #2
    I am Murloc! WskyDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    20 Miles to Texas, 25 to Hell
    Posts
    5,120
    I'm on my phone right now, but I just use default ELVui names plates with height expanded a bit.
    Don't need anything fancy for what I do.

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Heathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,174
    this is my list


  4. #4
    In terms of visual stuff, I use:

    -Pitbull
    -Bartender
    -Autobar
    -VuhDo
    -WeakAuras

    Trying to find a good nameplate addon, though. Used to use Plater, but it stopped working (doesn't display friendly nameplates correctly) and the one I'm trying out right now is kinda buggy as well.
    Guide for setting up VuhDo to track shields/absorbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  5. #5
    This is how my UI looks like. I use the GW2 UI addon!
    (note: Chat bubbles are broken atm so I have those turned off to avoid an endless list of errors whenever an NPC says something.)

    For Nameplates I use the KuiNameplates addon.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    In terms of visual stuff, I use:

    -Pitbull
    -Bartender
    -Autobar
    -VuhDo
    -WeakAuras

    Trying to find a good nameplate addon, though. Used to use Plater, but it stopped working (doesn't display friendly nameplates correctly) and the one I'm trying out right now is kinda buggy as well.
    No nameplate addon will style friendly nameplates properly during a dungeon/raid due to Blizzard locking the ability out.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    No nameplate addon will style friendly nameplates properly during a dungeon/raid due to Blizzard locking the ability out.
    What I mean is that when I was using Plater, friendly nameplates would not appear at all.

    And now with Kui Nameplates, they bug out and stick to the screen, or continue to show castbars even though I set it to not show cast bars.
    Guide for setting up VuhDo to track shields/absorbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    What I mean is that when I was using Plater, friendly nameplates would not appear at all.

    And now with Kui Nameplates, they bug out and stick to the screen, or continue to show castbars even though I set it to not show cast bars.
    Gotcha. That sucks that there's so many issues with them now. I use ElvUI so just use their nameplates, but only have enemy nameplates enabled. So these are things I don't notice too much.

  9. #9
    http://imgur.com/a/UhWgw
    This is my current UI and I'm also running with ElvUI nameplates, but friendly player are not shown as I find it a mere distraction.

  10. #10
    EKPlates

    ...with a minor .lua adjustment so it changes color at 35% (ToF) and again at 20% (SW: D).

  11. #11
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    10,898
    This video is a couple years old now but my UI hasn't really changed in that time much:



    The bulk of it is just configuration of Shadow Unit Frames (player, target, raid, boss frames) and Bartender (ability cooldowns).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  12. #12
    Visual parts of my UI.

    KGpanels. Adding a background to my chat, and to a bar I use for Fortress Elements such as currency or mail.
    Bartender for abilities, consumables. Anything I might want to put on a keybind. Everything else - Mounts, toys, transformations, banners - goes into Opie.

    Default raid frames.
    Zperl for player, target and target's target.
    Shadow Unit Frames for boss frames.
    Tidy Plates for name plates.

    Gnosis for interuptable skills.
    Weakaura for class rotation and cooldowns, aswell as boss mechanics.
    DBM for raid timers.

    Prat 3
    Details!
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-07-12 at 08:30 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

  13. #13
    bartender
    tidyplates (for enemies)
    bagnon
    quartz
    sexymap

    iforget the name of the nameplates i use for my character, its something i found for pvp... oh well

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Gotcha. That sucks that there's so many issues with them now. I use ElvUI so just use their nameplates, but only have enemy nameplates enabled. So these are things I don't notice too much.
    How do i enable elvui just for the nameplates?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    How do i enable elvui just for the nameplates?
    Maybe I worded that poorly, I use all of ElvUI so continue to let it do everything including my nameplates. It likely isn't worth the effort to install all of ElvUI and turn everything off except for nameplates. I would check for other nameplates like TidyPlates or KuiNameplates and see if they have an ElvUI skin or just customize them to look like ElvUI's.

  17. #17
    I just use Elvui now. Their inbuilt healing party/raid frames are excellent imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •