10+ Year Old Account

Update 4.2 - Celestial Storm hits the PTS

A nice surprise in the form of a 3.38GB update to the PTS awaited us a few hours ago as Update 4.2 - Celestial Storm is now on the PTS to test out and squash any bugs.

I didn't go exploring too much as i'm doing the storyline from the word go to check for any issues but so far looks good, Crucia has certainly been busy building a few new additions to her army.

There's mention and achievements for building jetpacks so a form of flying comes to Rift?, we'll soon see.

Yay now we can finally get all the launch content! Such as the zone after 8 months.

Oh and Crucia coming back again. Uhm... yay I guess?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-10 at 07:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the Jetpack will be a mount alright, but will operate the same way as the Lifter mounts, you'll 'hover' above the ground as opposed to been able to fly.

It does seem to need special fuel to power some abilities so it has some abilities like the Opie mount, everyone will be able to get one but you will need to get the parts to assemble it with the new zone currency earned by doing quests and stuff called Captured Intel so am unable to make one yet.

Some of the Story quests has you 'helping' Crucia's army and you get various disguises so i made use of that and went off to snoop around her base called Crucia's Claw.

Second shot is how Crucia got to the Comet, it's an enormous Spaceship.

If you haven't downloaded the PTS or have Rift installed but are curious to take a look, Twitch streamer Seshatar will be streaming his adventures on the PTS later today at 5pm GMT

https://www.twitch.tv/seshatar

Eight Months after launch, promised launch content finally makes the PTS. MAYBE, with this whole new zone, you can level to max without pots? or is it exclusively for people already max level?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Eight Months after launch, promised launch content finally makes the PTS. MAYBE, with this whole new zone, you can level to max without pots? or is it exclusively for people already max level?
    It's a level 70 zone. Been on hold for 8 months.

Also I'm pretty sure that Seshatar fellow only streams because Trion throw some money his way. I'm sure he admitted to it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's a level 70 zone. Been on hold for 8 months.

Also I'm pretty sure that Seshatar fellow only streams because Trion throw some money his way. I'm sure he admitted to it once.
    Yeah, I know it's a 70 zone, but does it actually lock you out or not give you the quests if you are not 70 yet? Because doing quests above your level is a thing, unless the game does not even let you pick them up.

Man...Rift's art team deserves a better, more popular game to work on. I know the style/direction isn't everyone's favorite, and a lot of the seams holding things together are pretty obvious given the lower quality production values, but they continue to impress me with their ability to stretch a small team/budget a long, long ways and make some pretty great looking assets.

I am the complete opposite when it comes to the art team. The designs are horrible and had always been my biggest gripe about the game since I first played in the beta. For the longest time, that was my only gripe about the game. The quality of the models and assets are really good, especially for the smaller budget compared to some other games. But holy hell do they look fugly as hell.

Glad they are finally giving all the launch content. I am really curious how they will handle the next expansion, if there even will be one.

Deleted
    Its really a shame that the gfx guys from rift are wasted on that shit company. When you think about the great places they created, like mind of madness etc...

But hey, Trion found a way to bring out "new" content, they just didn't release it at launch when it was due and spit it out 8 months later with the label "new content", nice trick once again!
    Then again who will care or notice, when you have under 5k players world wide

10+ Year Old Account
    is it exclusively for people already max level?
    I was able to pick up the very first quest you get when you enter Vostigar Peaks and was also able to pick up the first story quest in the base at level 65, no Carnages, not sure how many other quests are open as to wander around at level 65 leads to a swift death.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I am the complete opposite when it comes to the art team. The designs are horrible and had always been my biggest gripe about the game since I first played in the beta. For the longest time, that was my only gripe about the game. The quality of the models and assets are really good, especially for the smaller budget compared to some other games. But holy hell do they look fugly as hell.

Glad they are finally giving all the launch content. I am really curious how they will handle the next expansion, if there even will be one.
    I kind of agree here. Game has never been visually appealing to me personally. It's all about taste though. Although I swear the skyboxes look familiar.

I'm still surprised that they are only doing a 1 week run of it on PTS. They better have done some internal testing although track record for that is on my side. Which is they haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

To expand upon this again I have a feeling 4.2 launch content will be delayed. Dunno guess it's just Trion's history that has me sceptical.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-11 at 08:17 AM.

To expand upon this again I have a feeling 4.2 launch content will be delayed. Dunno guess it's just Trion's history that has me sceptical.
    lol they wont delay anything no matter how big of a sh!tshow it is, they did it with beta, they'll do it with this. these devs have lost their mind and think they should be immune to criticism.

live testing is the new normal.

Well, with the launch content finally mostly in, or on the way, perhaps now is the time to try to get back in to the game. It's free, so as long as I do not spend money and then later regret it like I did last time I should be fine. I am sure I have some XP pots sotred away in my bank, so maybe the leveling process won't be too bad for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    ** Spoiler Alert ** here's a little teaser screenie of the final quest in the long Vostigar Peaks quest line where you enter a solo instance like in the other zones at the end of the story. .

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man...Rift's art team deserves a better, more popular game to work on. I know the style/direction isn't everyone's favorite, and a lot of the seams holding things together are pretty obvious given the lower quality production values, but they continue to impress me with their ability to stretch a small team/budget a long, long ways and make some pretty great looking assets.
    I thought the exact same thing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I agree. There are many things in RIFT that are still great. But those few things can't save an entire game at time.

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...orm-until-720/

4.2 delayed. I swear 4.1 was delayed as well. I mean sure it's a day but there seems to be this recurring thing of delays at Trion recently.