Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    842 attempts...Jesus.

Deleted
    "Appear Offline was first announced in 2012, with a coming soon post." I like the guy who wrote this post.
    Huge shame on Blizzard.

That is why I had to make 4 accounts for 4 different games. I bet there are lots of people like me.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-07-11 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Appear offline?

Why are they adding means for people to passive-aggressively avoid their friends?

Are people so scared of (what they imagine is) confrontation that they can't just say "sorry, don't wanna play right now?"

What's the other person gonna shoot back with "nah bitch, we playing NOW!" or "well I guess you don't want to be my friend..."
    because people like to avoid having to be social
    i know it sucks but whatever... seems alot of people want it

Good on Blizzard finally getting around to implementing this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because people like to avoid having to be social
    i know it sucks but whatever... seems alot of people want it
    Nothing to do with being antisocial.

Some people just want a bit of solitude after a really awful day which is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Some people just want a bit of solitude after a really awful day which is understandable.
    so put yourself on do not disturb
    the issue with offline mode is it encourages people to try and skip out on things
    "oh yeah guys i cant raid tonight" plays hero of the storms
    the current system encourages people to be honest, and keep your real friends, where offline mode will let people just hide away

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so put yourself on do not disturb
    the issue with offline mode is it encourages people to try and skip out on things
    "oh yeah guys i cant raid tonight" plays hero of the storms
    the current system encourages people to be honest, and keep your real friends, where offline mode will let people just hide away
    And some people still ignore that. Some people have that friend who doesn't get the hint but don't want to tear him/her a new one after the bad day.

A friend who doesn't get the message is not necessarily a bad friend.

It's not going to affect you, me or anyone else. People are just overplaying it.

It's not antisocial to want to play a game in solitude after a bad day. As I said me personally I always keep my stuff online and my friends get that I want to be alone.

If this starts affecting raiding by a large amount then I will happily come back here and admit I was wrong.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-11 at 05:38 AM.

Yeah some days you just want to put on some chillout music, and knock out a few (Hearthstone) dailies in peace and quiet. I wonder how many hundreds/thousands of times I must have typed 'sorry man just doing my daily' by now.

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Yeah some days you just want to put on some chillout music, and knock out a few (Hearthstone) dailies in peace and quiet. I wonder how many hundreds/thousands of times I must have typed 'sorry man just doing my daily' by now.
    Exactly. This helps people who have had that bad day from losing their temper with the wrong person. It can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cool, but meanwhile in SC2 offline mode no longer exist. Last time when i was cut off from internets, i can't play SC2 campaign to kill time, because required connection to internets.

Activision pls.

Deleted
    Class call and it was confirmed they can get the Warglaives as an artifact appearance.
    Would like to know how this will drop. I know there were some info a few months back but don't know if it's still same.

You must have Warglave achiv on Bnet acc to be able receive this drop. But can you only get this appearance on DH or can you learn it also on class that is not able to use glaves. Like hunter or do you have to go TW BT with DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Would like to know how this will drop. I know there were some info a few months back but don't know if it's still same.

You must have Warglave achiv on Bnet acc to be able receive this drop. But can you only get this appearance on DH or can you learn it also on class that is not able to use glaves. Like hunter or do you have to go TW BT with DH.
    I'm not sure either to be honest.

I THINK and key word here is THINK that yes you do have to have the Warglaives or the achievement. Since it's live on US today hopefully someone can clarify this for me.

All I know is it's an appearance for Demon Hunters and their artifact weapon. Sorry man.

Deleted
    I'm not sure either to be honest.

I THINK and key word here is THINK that yes you do have to have the Warglaives or the achievement. Since it's live on US today hopefully someone can clarify this for me.

All I know is it's an appearance for Demon Hunters and their artifact weapon. Sorry man.
    I know it's for DH. but want to know if I can use this "token" on my hunter to get this appearance on DH (like PvP transfo tokens) or do I have to go raid as DH.

we will see later.

But i gues will have to go as DH

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I know it's for DH. but want to know if I can use this "token" on my hunter to get this appearance on DH (like PvP transfo tokens) or do I have to go raid as DH.

we will see later.
    I think it would have to be DH. Since they are the class it's based around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

It sounds like a prelude to instituting it in other games, which becomes more of a technical and problem-solving hurdle.
    what games? other than WoW, do any of the other games have anything but bnet friends anymore? this would be mainly bnet feature, integrated to all games at the same time, not something HS or OW exclusive, in the time since it was first mentioned, an intern would be able to make it on his/her own...

Can I get into different raids for Black Temple during same week (like Normal/ Heroic NH or ToS), or I can only do it with the same raid (like Mythic) and not be able to get into other raids for Black Temple?

842 attempts is just insane considering this is only the second week of mythic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    what games? other than WoW, do any of the other games have anything but bnet friends anymore? this would be mainly bnet feature, integrated to all games at the same time, not something HS or OW exclusive, in the time since it was first mentioned, an intern would be able to make it on his/her own...
    It is so simple:
    - add a new option to the status options.
    - when it is being set use the online mode sample but make it not targetable and not listable.
    - or if they have some minimal server side managment just don't let the server send your status to the others...

So fu*king simple... One day work plus 5 days for security options and debugging.

And don't you even dare to bring up this antisocial bull*hit... Blizzard makes content which have nothing to do with multiplayer:
    D3: solo rift needed for progressing, WoW latest one: chromie scenario, tower on the shore, HS: campaign. And these are highly frustrating contents... If you don't want to be disturbed there should be an option for that.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-07-11 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    842 attempts is just insane considering this is only the second week of mythic
    They most likely raided 7 days a week for atleast 10 hours. This is required if you want to be top 3.

After seeing this BT post i checked my old screenshots and found an interesting image. A map of BT made by MMO champion, think you guys made it when the original BT was released. http://i.imgur.com/oWbvvPc.jpg