View Poll Results: Should Blizzard introduce more LGBT characters?

Voters
311. This poll is closed
  • Yes

53 17.04%
  • No

258 82.96%
Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Exclamation LGBT representation

I've come to an amazing realization about the representation of the LGBT community in game. It's non-existent

But why is that? For the most part we all live in a liberal societies where people that oppose homosexuality are branded as homophobic buffoons, they're banned from public places of discussion based on that. Laws are being written everyday that further legalize homosexuality and derivatives. Nowadays the norm is to be open about your sexuality, gender identity is a thing and not frowned upon. It's basically the new norm

Why is Blizzard so against creating characters that represent the LGBT community? I've searched a little bit and there are a few minor, obscure characters that hint at being homosexual, but they never openly admit it. So it's just open to interpretation.

You see it everywhere, movies changing actors to accommodate non-racist thoughts, main characters changing genders and race for the sake of racial and gender diversity. But not in World of Warcraft.

I believe it to be a stance Blizzard is making, which is a dangerous stance to make in today's age where contrary opinions are branded as offensive as a way to silence them.

Do you believe Blizzard should pay more attention to the LGBT community which feels oppressed and not represented in their favorite fantasy game ? Or are things fine as they are?

EDIT:Some of you got the wrong idea, I'm against LGBT characters. I just don't understand why Blizzard is against introducing them when the society around them is so friendly towards them
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-07-11 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Get out. Get the fuck out with your SJW agenda.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody cares

Very few characters have any relationships to begin with, straight or gay.

It woUld just be empty virtue signalling, the game doesn't need that.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    Next up people will say why aren't there any vegans in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Get out. Get the fuck out with your SJW agenda.
    You misunderstand my stance

the characters that are, are done right. there's no mention of their sexuality, it's done in the way that the world should be irl. nobody cares, because it's not abnormal or wrong, it's just a way some people are.

there's no discrimination in azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I r8 8/8 m8

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Next up people will say why aren't there any vegans in wow
    While veganism is a healthy diet, I fail to see how it equates to the representation of lgbt people

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I've come to an amazing realization about the representation of the LGBT community in game. It's non-existent

But why is that? For the most part we all live in a liberal societies where people that oppose homosexuality are branded as homophobic buffoons, they're banned from public places of discussion based on that. Laws are being written everyday that further legalize homosexuality and derivatives. Nowadays the norm is to be open about your sexuality, gender identity is a thing and not frowned upon. It's basically the new norm

Why is Blizzard so against creating characters that represent the LGBT community? I've searched a little bit and there are a few minor, obscure characters that hint at being homosexual, but they never openly admit it. So it's just open to interpretation.

You see it everywhere, movies changing actors to accommodate non-racist thoughts, main characters changing genders and race for the sake of racial and gender diversity. But not in World of Warcraft.

I believe it to be a stance Blizzard is making, which is a dangerous stance to make in today's age where contrary opinions are branded as offensive as a way to silence them.

Do you believe Blizzard should pay more attention to the LGBT community which feels oppressed and not represented in their favorite fantasy game ? Or are things fine as they are?
    There are a few. Enchanters run into a couple in one of their quests.

That being said it isn't obnoxious or shoved in your face so I can understand why people like you wouldn't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Nobody cares

Very few characters have any relationships to begin with, straight or gay.

It woUld just be empty virtue signalling, the game doesn't need that.
    Relationships are beyond the point. You can be a trans-gender single person

Deleted
    While veganism is a healthy diet, I fail to see how it equates to the representation of lgbt people
    Why do we need that in World of Warcraft?

Also it seems that Blizzard is not against LBGT in games since Tracer from Overwatch is gay and has a girlfriend.

That's because if WoW gets LGBT characters then it has a risk of getting banned in certain countries.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    There are a few. Enchanters run into a couple in one of their quests.

That being said it isn't obnoxious or shoved in your face so I can understand why people like you wouldn't be happy.
    My question here is why is Blizzard fighting the trend of creating an universe where LGBT characters are a norm

You misunderstand my stance
    I don't think he does, and I 100% agree with him. Keep this bullshit to yourself. Sexual orientation has no place in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Daten-shi View Post
    That's because if WoW gets LGBT characters then it has a risk of getting banned in certain countries.
    But then Blizzard are very disingenuous about their product

My question here is why is Blizzard fighting the trend of creating an universe where LGBT characters are a norm
    they're treated as a norm by not being made a big deal of. that's the right way to do it.

Could somebody remind me again why we needed to "represent" "LGBT" or whatever else?

I wish people would get over their complexes and stop self-staging so much. It's so tiresome. Bunch of self-centered assholes who act as if they carried the weight of the world on their shoulders, but in reality they only crave attention.

Because why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Why do we need that in World of Warcraft?

Also it seems that Blizzard is not against LBGT in games since Tracer from Overwatch is gay and has a girlfriend.
    Overwatch was an experiment that backfired. If it went well, we would have seen lgbt characters in wow already

Just because LGBT is "accepted" doesn't make it "a norm". Left handed people aren't a norm. They're also an under represented "class" in WoW. How many specs use their left hand without also using their right? I mean, COME ON BLIZZARD, QUIT SLIGHTING ME!

Also, you're obviously a troll.