Deleted

ARMS, sims seem wierd? Ravager/BS

Hello guys.

I hope you can help me.

About my warrior:
    5/6p T20 (Missing back).
    All legendaries except Helmet and Talent ring.

I have several questions:

1: When I sim single target with Rend and OpS or Ravager, Ravager falls 30k dps behind. What is the great advantage of using Ravager? Since the cheat sheet for Warriors mentions 99/10 times, that we should go with Ravager.

2: When I sim AoE fights Ravager falls 500k dps behind? See pics. imgur .Com/a/qZDb3
    * Not allowed to post pics, sorry for the wierd link' *
    I sim'ed it with top gear, so I could include CoF and get best possible DPs outcome.

Best regards Muffu

ravager is better on aoe regardless of what you sim it as (aoe fights in sim is retarded, ads every 45sec i think, in reality almost all packs or mobs will come up 1min or 30sec or 20, either way you always hit it every 2nd or 3rd pack.

it lets you cleave while you use ravager, and if you got the leggo helm you get to use more of that buff while with BS you only get the last 6sec on your skills.

its just better look at the logs, every single spec and talant is represented, there is a reason the top guy is using the best spec possible.

on 2 boss like inq or avatar i think that OPS wins because you get more rage to cleave executes off and bladestorm extra MS cleave on there too.

I haven't been following this for a while to see if it has been fixed but there was a few bugs with the sim causing Ravager to sim hopelessly low compared to ingame performance (in all scenarios), that said on single target it is behind OPS because of the execute phase, longer the execute phase the more it falls behind too. Especially if for example the fight ends just before an extra usage of Ravager, but Ravager is still really solid on every fight and every situation, it's just slightly less optimal on most single target scenarios purely because of OPS contributions at low boss health.

I personally wouldn't trust the sims regarding ravager, trust what you see in game and on the logs.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I haven't been following this for a while to see if it has been fixed but there was a few bugs with the sim causing Ravager to sim hopelessly low compared to ingame performance (in all scenarios), that said on single target it is behind OPS because of the execute phase, longer the execute phase the more it falls behind too. Especially if for example the fight ends just before an extra usage of Ravager, but Ravager is still really solid on every fight and every situation, it's just slightly less optimal on most single target scenarios purely because of OPS contributions at low boss health.

I personally wouldn't trust the sims regarding ravager, trust what you see in game and on the logs.
    With Ravager (away from the numbers) I just feel a lot happier with it being in my rotation as a guaranteed way of getting a lot of Rage whilst still maintaining my rotation.

This is especially true on the pull as the last thing you want is to see them Fury warriors pulling numbers with Arms trailing behind due to lack of buttons to press. It also helps a lot during the AoE phases where you can cleave / WW as much as you want without worrying about rage loss so much.

The gains from OpS are perceived to be a lot more passive and go unnoticed but will of course have a net rage gain which I’m not sure is the same / better than the equivalent Ravager rage gain (perhaps someone can confirm?).

The point I’m trying to get at is that I feel a lot more comfortable with Ravager in my rotation as a guaranteed pooler of rage to help the consistency in my rotation as OpS is still chance based.
    Last edited by mmoc5dadbeabe5; 2017-07-12 at 02:10 PM.

I too have been trying to figure out why it doesn't sim that high. One thing is there is a bug in-game with SD and how it expires, like meat cleaver is for fury, you can do a BT in the middle of a RP and get the meat cleave to effect both the RP and BT. Similarly, if u do CS->Rav->MS, you can actually get the 4PC MS as well as your own MS to both be effected by SD, but simc wont do this.

Also don't sim aoe with default APL, or your gonna have a bad time

As far as ravager performance specifically in mythic tomb

Goroth - is currently generally ~4min fight, which is really nice for CoF+Ravager combo, as it will will get you an extra use of ur CDs in, top public loggers have not figured this out yet idk

Inquisition/Harj/Host - all aoe cheesing pad fight, ravager is amazing with 2+ targets in range with SS

Sisters - could go either way with this one, not really sure whats best, if you can manage to get BC+Ravager+SS Executes into multiple owls though ravager it will be very strong

Mistress - depends what your groups needs, personally my group needed less eel damage not more plus there is alot of movement in this fight, I did not take either SS nor ravager

Maiden - In order for your CDs to be up for the third shield you need CoF+Ravager, also due to the nature of the increased damage phase the burst of ravager is more beneficial the sustained of OpS, during farm you will not get 3 shields, then you can drop CoF

Avatar - You will want to be using BC on the maidens shields, some mechanics happen during those shields though which can cause her to have to be moved, but if you can manage to keep her under ravager and near the boss to cleave onto with SS, especially if you have to do the whole force boss to get 100 energy during 4th shield thing with maiden at 0.1% hp then ravager is surely best

KJ - Only seen on twitch and only phase 1, not enough info
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2017-07-12 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    @Rhyzoh

Do you feel CoF is mandatory to use with Ravager? Regardless what ilvl the CoF is?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmama View Post
    @Rhyzoh

Do you feel CoF is mandatory to use with Ravager? Regardless what ilvl the CoF is?
    CoF is good if can use BC+RAV on cd, if you have to save those it's a bad statstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    CoF is good if can use BC+RAV on cd, if you have to save those it's a bad statstick.
    Honestly though which fights benefit from holding? Seems like most fights with adds line up pretty well with a 45-50sec CD.

Sisters - could go either way with this one, not really sure whats best, if you can manage to get BC+Ravager+SS Executes into multiple owls though ravager it will be very strong
    I ran CoF/Ravager combo on Sisters, your BC/ravager will come up roughly the same time as every boss shield which made it a straightforward choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Honestly though which fights benefit from holding? Seems like most fights with adds line up pretty well with a 45-50sec CD.
    Avatar + KJ (you need WB for KJ).
    To be fair CoF seems decent on most fights, esp. Maiden if you group is good at pacman. It still depents on you killtime, if you don't get a additional BS it's not worth it.

I'll test it i get the helm one day... Helm+Aya's are my last legos....