Amazon is falsely advertising $80 gift card for amazon prime card

I'm not sure where to put this but since I decided to apply for the card after looking at the deal here I'll do it in this post.

I went through the application process after clicking on a link that said I'd get an $80 gift card upon approval of the credit card. I get approved an it turns out they only gave me $70 instead of the $80. I talked to one of their chat representatives and he said that the $70 was the correct amount and there wasn't anything he could do about it.

I don't want other people getting caught up in this like I did. It's still a great card to have but being mislead about a perk like this isn't fun.

Here's a screenshot of the link in question:
    http://imgur.com/a/Gew7t

And here's part of the chat:
    http://imgur.com/a/xLAyv

Sooooo you didnt tell him to give you an extra $10 gift card to compensate for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm those prime cards are just for American citizens? I am Canadian and was going to grab one but seems i cant

10+ Year Old Account
    "Based off this link, I was told I'd get $80. Is that false? If so, I'd like to cancel the card"

Problem solved probably right there.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    "Based off this link, I was told I'd get $80. Is that false? If so, I'd like to cancel the card"

This. Also you can remind them about false advertising laws

It has always shown 70 dollars for me for the past year or so. But it did change to 80 since prime day.

Also the difference is $10, Is that really worth bitching about? Even more so since he apply'ed for the card and took a (small) hit to his credit doing so.

To OP: Take a screenshot of the $80 add, contact another chat support person and try again.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Always shows as $80 for me. Tempted to apply to see if I run into the same problem.

Won't it affect his credit? The cancelling of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yes both applying for it and cancelling it will effect his credit. Canceling the card even more so so soon after getting it will hit his credit hard.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I hadn't made it clear, but I meant that the threat would fix the problem in itself.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Amazon doesn't manage the card. It's a Chase Bank card.

Hey all, sorry for responding so late. Yes I could cancel the card but like a user said, I'm already taking a hit on my credit and closing it now would damage it even further.
    The card is through Chase but wouldn't the promotion still fall on Amazon to honor the $80 promotion?
    @Jtbrig7390 the ten dollars to myself isn't really worth it but making sure that other people don't fall for the same trick is worth much more. Prime day grew 60% over last year so you could imagine how many people this could have affected. It's good to get the word out, especially to a more tech savvy community.

I got an email a few days after the post stating that I received the extra $10 credit to my account for getting approved for the card. That makes it $80 in total though I would have wanted to use that on my earlier purchases.
    Last edited by FlySause; 2017-07-15 at 07:21 AM.

You got the $10 credit so I wouldn't complain too much. Oh well, enjoy your card.