Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Manafort is speculated to have flipped.
    Nah. Too soon.

But I think this one's both public and under oath. Expect him to speak carefully and forget a lot of details. It is no longer a secret that Team Trump's many different stories and omissions contradict each other, and Manafort will refuse to be tied down to any details that will be refuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Nah. Too soon.

But I think this one's both public and under oath. Expect him to speak carefully and forget a lot of details. It is no longer a secret that Team Trump's many different stories and omissions contradict each other, and Manafort will refuse to be tied down to any details that will be refuted.
    Oh I don't think he's going to say anything damning. He's going to play it safe regardless. Just interesting to see if we do get any juicy bits between the lines considering the circumstances around him, Stone, and Page and speculation that they may have flipped to the FBI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's already moved onto the "but so's Hillary" deflection stage.
    Yeah, he jam packed one of his tweets with uranium, emails and Ukrain, all in one. But, it's not as fun to consider on its own, when you can add Trump saying this, before the 'nothingburger' became something:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-jail-dropped

Trump drops repeated threat to jail Clinton: 'She went through a lot'

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,” Trump said, according to a tweet by Times journalist Mike Grynbaum. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways.”

Trump was then pressed on whether he had definitively ruled out a prosecution, Grynbaum reported. The president-elect replied: “It’s just not something that I feel very strongly about.”

In his conversation at the New York Times office, he rejected the idea that his supporters would be upset by his letting Clinton off the hook. “I don’t think they will be disappointed,” he said, according to a tweet by reporter Maggie Haberman. “I think I will explain it that we in many ways will save our country.”

Haberman said Trump made clear he did not favour prosecution when he continued: “My inclination would be for whatever power I have on the matter is to say let’s go forward. This has been looked at for so long, ad nauseum.”

Apparently aware that the election campaign had been extraordinarily polarising, Trump said a prosecution would be “very, very divisive for the country”. Clinton’s lead in the popular vote now exceeds 1.5 million.
    Can we believe Trump that the only reason he still pushes Hillary, is because he wants the country divided?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Can we believe Trump that the only reason he still pushes Hillary, is because he wants the country divided?
    I genuinely believe that Trump does not want the country divided. He just wants it united behind himself. All this sudden pushing of Hillary is just an attempt to deflect attention away from his own crimes and those of his campaign and administration.

Deleted
    And the story is dead in the water. As predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Dead in the water? It's only hitting a wall right now because the senate allowed them closed door testimony.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Well someone hasn't been keeping an eye on the news. Hey, who's been testifying this week?

Don't mistake "there are other things to talk about" with "the story I don't like isn't in the news therefore it doesn't exist".

The New Yorker

The Washington Post

NYTimes

PBS

Washington Times

Chicago Tribune

Newsweek that one's from 30 minutes ago and has an actual fucking Watergate lawyer saying Kushner is lying and guilty

The LA Times

FOX News, secondhand

FOX News, direclly

and Breitbart.

"I don't see it so it doesn't exist" is what people with their head in the sand say.

Oh by the way, one of those links is fake. Have fun figuring out which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yeah it went from "no contact" to "contact but we didn't know" to "contact and we knew, but it's technically not illegal". Next we'll se "ok it's illegal but... something something it doesn't count"
    But what about her emails?

Report now that Gowdy was basically acting as a second attorney for Kushner in the closed hearing over the incident. Schiff is not happy over it. Gowdy leveraging the committee in favor of Kushner on top of Kushner apparently being able to slide by not providing key documents requested which limited the questioning the Dems had pre planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Report now that Gowdy was basically acting as a second attorney for Kushner in the closed hearing over the incident. Schiff is not happy over it. Gowdy leveraging the committee in favor of Kushner on top of Kushner apparently being able to slide by not providing key documents requested which limited the questioning the Dems had pre planned.
    So typical Gowdy, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...mittee/534864/

Magnitsky, the attorney who was beat to death by riot guards while chained to a prison bed and who Magnitsky act was named after was working investigation for Bill Browder. This is Bill Browder's prepared statement before Senate. Its definitely worth a read to understand the whole context behind Russia's efforts to get the Magnitsky act overturned.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post

Magnitsky, the attorney who was beat to death by riot guards while chained to a prison bed and who Magnitsky act was named after was working investigation for Bill Browder. This is Bill Browder's prepared statement before Senate. Its definitely worth a read to understand the whole context behind Russia's efforts to get the Magnitsky act overturned.
    Holy crap. That was extremely enlightening, and frankly rather terrifying.

7+ Year Old Account

"Fake news! Lies! Putin is a tremendous guy who is a strong leader!"
    -Trump, probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    "Fake news! Lies! Putin is a tremendous guy who is a strong leader!"
    -Trump, probably
    "There are a lot of killers. We've got a lot of killers. What, you think our country is so innocent?"
    --Trump, actually

Man, this Browder fantasy get more elaborate.

50% from every oligarch to Putin? Magnitsky beaten while chained to bed by eight guards in addition to supposedly prison-induced health problems? Banning adoption by Americans after death of adopted child is "sadistic and evil"? "Many Russian orphans dying before 18th birthday"? Putin now holds 200 billion $ in some unknown and untraceable assets, ALL kept in West? Lawyer who fallen during some botched transportation of furniture to his own flat "thrown off fourth floor" so that he doesn't testify?

...that got to be amount of bullshit that should stop working, but i guess Americans have been fed bullshit for decades and want more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Man, this Browder fantasy get more elaborate.

50% from every oligarch to Putin? Magnitsky beaten while chained to bed by eight guards in addition to supposedly prison-induced health problems? Banning adoption by Americans after death of adopted child is "sadistic and evil"? "Many Russian orphans dying before 18th birthday"? Putin now holds 200 billion $ in some unknown and untraceable assets, ALL kept in West? Lawyer who fallen during some botched transportation of furniture to his own flat "thrown off fourth floor" so that he doesn't testify?

...that got to be amount of bullshit that should stop working, but i guess Americans have been fed bullshit for decades and want more.
    Boy you calling things that make Putin look bad bullshit with absolutely no evidence is so surprising and new.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Boy you calling things that make Putin look bad bullshit with absolutely no evidence is so surprising and new.
    Did you see evidence behind Browder's assertion that "Many Russian orphans die before 18, so it's evil for Putin to forbid adopting them"? And then in same statement he calls organization that was supposedly all about restoring adoptions "Evil Putin's government operations to repeal Magnitsky Act"?

Consistency? Nah, who remembers previous paragraph anyway...

I guess i can see why Trump won if this passes as "enlightening".
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-07-27 at 09:43 PM.

Did you see evidence behind Browder's assertion that "Many Russian orphans die before 18, so it's evil for Putin to forbid adopting them"?
    If that's the assertion you read, then your reading comprehension is terrible.

He said that Russia only adopted sick children out to the US, not healthy ones (an easily provable assertion), and that their illnesses meant most of them would die before age 18 (because conditions like spina bifida, down syndrome, and AIDS tend to severely shorten lifespans without proper medical care). In other words, he's a monster because his ban was specifically targeting the most vulnerable of Russia's orphans.

And then in same statement he calls organization that was supposedly all about restoring adoptions "Evil Putin's government operations to repeal Magnitsky Act"?
    See that word "supposedly"? That means that they were never actually about restoring adoptions. It was just a front.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2017-07-27 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If that's the assertion you read, then your reading comprehension is terrible.

He said that Russia only adopted sick children out to the US, not healthy ones (an easily provable assertion)
    Well, if it's "easily proveable", can you actually do it?

See that word "supposedly"? That means that they were never actually about restoring adoptions. It was just a front.
    Well, Browder never cared about adoptions before he was caught in tax fraud in Russia either.

Did you see evidence behind Browder's assertion that "Many Russian orphans die before 18, so it's evil for Putin to forbid adopting them"? And then in same statement he calls organization that was supposedly all about restoring adoptions "Evil Putin's government operations to repeal Magnitsky Act"?

Consistency? Nah, who remembers previous paragraph anyway...

I guess i can see why Trump won if this passes as "enlightening".
    The quote was that many of the sick orphans that would be eligible for adoption outside Russia die before 18. Try reading it again.