Upper Kara needs to fix pathing for BM pets.

There's a portion of Upper Kara where you are moving through the ramparts. The area with the spiderwebbed bridges. Your pet cannot path to the flying enemies there that shoot fel. It's a small annoyance, but it is technically broken.

There are several issues in the dungeon including the inability to tab target in the areas with the banshee's.

I thought that was intentional. TIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    There are several issues in the dungeon including the inability to tab target in the areas with the banshee's.
    This was working fine the last time I went. Also, tab targeting explosives was working.

This seems to have finally been fixed with 7.2.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    There's a portion of Upper Kara where you are moving through the ramparts. The area with the spiderwebbed bridges. Your pet cannot path to the flying enemies there that shoot fel. It's a small annoyance, but it is technically broken.
    There is no reason to ever attack those flying enemies. You just run past them.

Why are you even targeting the flying enemies to begin with?

this is fixed

Tab targetting banshee's, Pathing at start of instance (have to resum pet), chess... last boss phase 2 is avoidable if u have no melee.

Deleted
    You want your pets to be able to attack the felbats.....? You do realize that even a carrion bird as pet, cannot actually fly right? Hunter pets always move on the ground.

And you are never supposed to waste time on the bats why bother

I think the bigger annoyance with upper now is the stupid chess board. It's not just BM hunters but pretty much every ranged spec will have to stand in melee to DPS certain pieces on that encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    Tab targetting banshee's, Pathing at start of instance (have to resum pet), chess... last boss phase 2 is avoidable if u have no melee.
    You don't know if it still works, but Hunter pets could solo the entirety of last boss P2 when Kara first released. I did it by accident the first run though when our tank DCed mid-fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    I think the bigger annoyance with upper now is the stupid chess board. It's not just BM hunters but pretty much every ranged spec will have to stand in melee to DPS certain pieces on that encounter.
    I haven't had issues with this lately. Seems they mostly fixed these patching issues on chess event.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    You don't know if it still works, but Hunter pets could solo the entirety of last boss P2 when Kara first released. I did it by accident the first run though when our tank DCed mid-fight.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't had issues with this lately. Seems they mostly fixed these patching issues on chess event.
    I did it on Sunday and was encountering this issue.

If you are killing the bats in Kara, you are doing it wrong.

Also your pet can Growl at them and they come down.

They fixed the pathing causing them to get stuck _on_ the chess board if you didnt summon it on top of the boss,as well as the pathing from the ramp to chess board
    If you still have an issue it's likely a very exceptional bug (popping beastial with a core hound getting stuck in door arches anyone?)

While I agree flying mobs are a nuisance in general if they don't land,melee suffer the same limitations,so BM can join the queue there
    As for kara's mobs as others stated,taunt or skip