Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    it looks so terrible.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but
    https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...54546189615105
    The way they look now is the right way and the TBC look wasnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Even back in BC I thought the way they sat looked odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, finally home and have two GIFs for you to look at. I just wanted to illustrate the sheathing difference between the transmog version and the original WoA weapons.

The originals and the transmog

Now that I've seen how the originals flip like that, I can't stand it and prefer the transmog. I know, blasphemy. I hope they stay as is and fix all warglaives to do this if they don't already.
    Last edited by Nitromonger; 2017-07-15 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love how they look on my fem belf

imo the tmogs one are way better than the old ones on how they sheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    Fashion over function.
    This.
    Don't start with realism now, if you are half demon half elf or something hero fighting evil, you got ways to draw your wepns out, and you wear it with style. (ref White men cant jump). My bet is Blizz wanted handles turned to chars back and misslooked how its turning out until was too late for patch compile.
    They will fix it, no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitromonger View Post
    Ok, finally home and have two GIFs for you to look at. I just wanted to illustrate the sheathing difference between the transmog version and the original WoA weapons.

The originals and the transmog

Now that I've seen how the originals flip like that, I can't stand it and prefer the transmog. I know, blasphemy. I hope they stay as is and fix all warglaives to do this if they don't already.
    Post this to the blizzardcs and warcraft twitter account, imo. They need feedback to keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

So all Other glaives are wrong ? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    So all Other glaives are wrong ? Lol
    Exactly.

I often wonder if Blizzard even knows what they are doing sometimes or if they have a "wing it" division.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Holy shit, you advertise something that has been iconic as fuck for like 10 years and then you're like "lel it wasn't supposed to look like that anyway".

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I prefer them this way, as they are functional to actually getting them. But, I still want them to be the old way, nostalgia, and the fact out current glaives act like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I think it looks better this way. All the other warglaives sheath similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Exactly.

I often wonder if Blizzard even knows what they are doing sometimes or if they have a "wing it" division.
    Almost certainly they have a 'pr bullshit' division to make excuses while the developers actually do something... Or don't.

For the record, the PvP glaives sheath the same way as the Warlgaive Xmog does.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I think it looks better this way. All the other warglaives sheath similarly.
    That is simply not true. Stop spreading lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's important to note here that this is how the glaives should sheath, functionally.

When your character flexes his/her elbows to reach his/her weapons, it's important that when they reach it, it's ready for battle. The other way around would mean that your character would reach the blades by the side they are meant to attack with.

It's as if a greatsword would be weld with the blade looking upward. Not very efficient.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Wouldn't it be the most logical way to have them sheathe on your waist like one handed swords? Like, just hang them there and grab 'em when you need them.

I mean, I know this isn't about realism, but I always wondered why they went with the back sheathe in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Wouldn't it be the most logical way to have them sheathe on your waist like one handed swords? Like, just hang them there and grab 'em when you need them.

I mean, I know this isn't about realism, but I always wondered why they went with the back sheathe in the first place.
    And then you'd fall on your back and cut your arms! I don't think it's really functional to sheath them on the side. I know we're talking about Warcraft here, with swords spewing lava and shoulders that would literally crush a regular human being, but considering the fact that glaives are two-bladed swords, sheathing them on your back is the most compact (and safest) way to carry them.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelusMMO View Post
    That is simply not true. Stop spreading lies.
    Take a look at NPC's around the fel hammer and the pvp warglaives.

Quote Originally Posted by KrvaviSale View Post
    This.
    Don't start with realism now, if you are half demon half elf or something hero fighting evil, you got ways to draw your wepns out, and you wear it with style. (ref White men cant jump). My bet is Blizz wanted handles turned to chars back and misslooked how its turning out until was too late for patch compile.
    They will fix it, no doubt.
    This is rediculous. There is something called: "willing suspension of disbelief" in fiction. If I'm watching Star wars and a guy riding a magical unicorn trots in, even though it's all fiction that would break the context laws and rules of the fictional universe.

Clipping and non-functional trangmog is a BREAK in the "willing suspension of disbelief" and a major BREAK of Immersion!

Unfunctional sheath and clipping is irritating, makes no sense, breaks immersion pointing out it's a programed game. Breaks the 3rd wall....

Frankly it's lazy stingy game development to not deal with clipping and take the time to make things look realistic and functional.....

Edit: they look better now than they did, but the previously posted corrected pics of the glaives vertical would be better.