Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshia View Post
    This is rediculous. There is something called: "willing suspension of disbelief" in fiction. If I'm watching Star wars and a guy riding a magical unicorn trots in, even though it's all fiction that would break the context laws and rules of the fictional universe.

Clipping and non-functional trangmog is a BREAK in the "willing suspension of disbelief" and a major BREAK of Immersion!

Unfunctional sheath and clipping is irritating, makes no sense, breaks immersion pointing out it's a programed game. Breaks the 3rd wall....

Frankly it's lazy stingy game development to not deal with clipping and take the time to make things look realistic and functional.....

Edit: they look better now than they did, but the previously posted corrected pics of the glaives vertical would be better.
    Not when the very point of them is nostalgiafactor, and the way they were sheathed was a big part of it.

Also, by that logic, Blizzard has to adjust all the glaives that DHs are currently using, as they are also "unrealistic."

wow, people actually talking about how "functional" glaives sheath in a game where you shoot fireballs, turn into a demon, etc... i dont know why would anyone like this sheath style, it looks absolutely awful, and all of the dh glaives sheath like original glaives except that they fixed the shield(its not facing ur chars back), i think they wanted to fix the glaives like that but they f*cked it up

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    They are the opposite of the originals, and I hope it stays this way.

Easy to spot the fakes from the originals.
    ...you need the originals to get the 'fakes'. The people who have the mog are those who got it from actually doing what was required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordekajsa View Post
    same thing as with the "new" Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds. it sucks
    Zin'rokh was flipped in vanilla or early TBC tho..
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I never did like that the originals had to do a buggy looking flip-flop when they were unsheathed as well as the crazy shoulder clipping. Now that actually behave like hey should.

Looks like they were just hotfixed back to the old sheath animation, except with the handguards facing outwards.

Anyone else confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Looks like they were just hotfixed back to the old sheath animation, except with the handguards facing outwards.

Anyone else confirm?
    yeah just noticed this too

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

Anyone else confirm?
    Yes, although now they do that dumb flip again when you unsheathe them

yep , they changed the warglaives midflight . i was like hey wait a min my flypath bugged my glaives and now they are back to old selfs but then i got to dalaran and i saw 3 more guys so its all good now

Deleted
    Just came here to post that my glaives seemed to have fixed themselves and then saw the hotfix on the front page. Very happy now

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    How they are in that pic makes pefect sense for how a person would reach back with their arms to get the correctly sided one.
    Pretty much this. I prefer them this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad. At least it doesn't clip through the shoulders or head which was my biggest complaint with the originals.

I miss the old 'new' version still. That was a unique appearance and looked cool on female blood elves. The new fix clips my arms when I run but to be fair a lot of warglaives do that to female belfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Glad they're back to how they were. Also happy they made the shields on them face outwards rather than inwards while they were at it!

i prefer the bugged version tbh, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Glad they're back to how they were. Also happy they made the shields on them face outwards rather than inwards while they were at it!
    Same.

While I understand where people come from by saying they flip while sheathing, This is how they have been for the past 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I apologise.
    Last edited by TyrannicalPuppy; 2017-07-18 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    And a lot of us AREN'T glad. They should have left them how they were. End of story. GOOD BYE. THE END.
    I'll retort with a reply on your level.

*cough cough* "No, you are wrong and I am right. Period."

Quote Originally Posted by Lykaboss View Post
    seriously listen yourself...you sound like a whiny 12 year old "everyone is wrong except me" type girl ! the glaives looked absolutely ridiculous before this bug was fixed and the majority think so too! i will agree with one of your statements though..."GOOD BYE. THE END."
    None of the placements are particularly perfect. The "old new" placement that Tyrannical prefers had the blades facing the bottom clipping through each other. The old one and the new-new one have some clipping, too.

In the end, we can go and ramble about our subjective aesthetic preferences all day, but it was advertised as the Warglaives of Azzinoth, that includes placement, which, FYI, was like that of any other warglaive. Why did it suddenly have to be different?

Lastly, there is one good thing in the fact that the shields got turned to face away from the player's back.

I actually really liked the *bugged* placement. People complain about the silliest things.

Aaaaaaaaand they're back to being broken lol. At least it looked correct for like 2 hours...