Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Blizzard could get off their massive hard on for competitiveness everything has got to be a frikkin competition. Bad Blizzard, bad, stop, stop it now!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Just about anything is popular enough to have some sort of internet organized event. I just doubt watching M+ is popular enough for Blizzard to continue organizing events after this one.
    Dunno, we'll have to see, hope there is though cause I quite enjoyed watching the last set.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wish Blizzard could get off their massive hard on for competitiveness everything has got to be a frikkin competition. Bad Blizzard, bad, stop, stop it now!
    Competitive gaming is where the money is right now, and Blizzard, as a business, would be stupid not to have their fingers on the pulse of that.

Yeah I'm not very excited and I have a feeling this is going to be a one time event with low viewer turnout. People generally don't want to watch PvE in general, hence why the only MMOs that ever crack the top 10 in Twitch are PvP-centric games like BDO or expansion launches in FFXIV/WoW. If people didn't care to watch the competitive raid races that Bliz used to (maybe still does) hold, I *highly* doubt anyone will care to watch people do dungeons that most of us have already done dozens of times, regardless of number buffs and time limits. If people are expecting a GDQ style enthusiasm, I wouldn't get your hopes up. GDQ capitalizes on nostalgia and the unification of hundreds of game communities. WoW just isn't that popular anymore.
    Are we watching the same twitch? I don't think there's a day where wow isn't in the top 10 for at least some time.

I usually check during prime time, like between 6 PM to 12 AM PST, never seen WoW in the top 10, sometimes it's top 20. New raids bring it up temporarily like today with Timewalking BT.
    I've never seen it not top 10, unless there's some random event going on.

Even today with new content release (well...old content re-release hehe)... WoW is sitting at #12. Source: https://www.twitch.tv/directory
    We'll see what happens when all of Europe wakes up.

I usually check during prime time, like between 6 PM to 12 AM PST, never seen WoW in the top 10, sometimes it's top 20. New raids bring it up temporarily like today with Timewalking BT.
    I wouldn't really say that's prime time as during most of that time period you won't have many european viewers, prime time should be in the evening for european's as that's mid day for americans so a lot of those can still watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I've never seen it not top 10, unless there's some random event going on.
    soda alone carrys wow to top5 when hes on

And to give later readers perspective, right now at 6:12 PST:

1) Player Unknown -110k viewers
    2) League of Legends - 94k viewers
    3) GTA V - 33k
    4) Hearthstone - 33k
    5) House Party - 27k
    6) CS: GO - 27k
    7) Overwatch - 26k
    8) Dota 2 - 25k
    9) IRL - 16k
    10) Dark Souls 3 - 15k
    11) Rainbow Six Siege - 13k
    12) WoW - 12k
    LoL is 94K when it's top 5 are 8k, 6, 4, 3, 2. 23k.

That means there must be like a trillion streamers at like 100 viewers.

dota2 only doubling wow viewers and having one 10 to 20million dollar event each year

I don't really see how competitive competitions can be run with titanforging and mythic warforged. Won't mythic raiders with good rng have a clear advantage over everyone else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I don't really see how competitive competitions can be run with titanforging and mythic warforged. Won't mythic raiders with good rng have a clear advantage over everyone else?
    Yes.
    Feels good to be a mythic raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yes.
    Feels good to be a mythic raider.
    I miss it... my job has me traveling the country for a year for training. I missed all of legion mythic raids... it feels bad.

Why just this week a dk from some us 30 guild talked smack to me when I pointed out he should stop dying in a mythic+ ;<

And to give later readers perspective, right now at 6:12 PST:

1) Player Unknown -110k viewers
    2) League of Legends - 94k viewers
    3) GTA V - 33k
    4) Hearthstone - 33k
    5) House Party - 27k
    6) CS: GO - 27k
    7) Overwatch - 26k
    8) Dota 2 - 25k
    9) IRL - 16k
    10) Dark Souls 3 - 15k
    11) Rainbow Six Siege - 13k
    12) WoW - 12k

Yeah that's true, I suppose I'm just giving an American perspective.

And yeah some big streamers will carry games from time to time, like Summit will generally bring BDO to top 3 whenever he streams it.
    http://twitchstats.net/most-popular-games found some stats for twitch, this is apparently the average which sounds about right, although not sure for what period of time, perhaps daily. But yeah I do believe wow generally has more european viewers and streamers, or at least people watching/playing in their prime time. But to get back on topic, I do think this has potential to be successful, at least when compared to events in other blizzard games if they can reach 20-30k it should be pretty solid and I can definitely see that happening, especially if they properly advertise it, perhaps even do some title/achievement thing like they did before with pvp.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold early ToS stream peaked at 25000 viewers when 7.2.5 hit, and that was at a fairly early Euro-Friendly time instead of like 3-5 am.

But that's "new content" hype obviously, also a day earlier then EU got the patch.

A sport that's going to be heavily reliant on execution rather than luck?

Seems good to me, though I find Blizzard's confidence in class/spec balance to be quite disturbing.

Deleted
    Korean will win the whole price money.

A korean team never played wow before until the announcement of this competition will take first place.

But every slot which is granting price money will be inhabited by koreans (+ a little chance for CN and TW or guys from china town).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-07-12 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    that would make 0 sense. I'm quite sure it will be played with your character.
    I mean... for money on the line you wouldn't let some people have a gear advantage over others. That wouldn't make much sense at all.... though.. I guess to even qualify you have to be geared enough to compete with other people. Seems really dumb to me tbh though. Obviously gear doesn't equal skill but if you took 1 group of people, cloned them and then put them in 1 less item level overall then they would lose... Seems rather silly if you ask me.

Deleted
    competition requires rules and a fair environment. the circumstance must be equal.

Fully premade chars or some kind of vendor system at which you can buy your setup you prefer on base line level for everyone.

Nevertheless the picking process for the regional cups seems quite questionable. Are they using only the best teams with the highest/fastest clears or are they also bringing the gear level in relation. Different setups have also pros and cons and making the rating system even more complexe.

Blizzard could make it so the dungeon has 5 affixes.. That would make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I'd rather watch this than Arena
    this this this.