Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's only open for 1 week at a time. Most people would not have the capability and/or patience to even clear trash if they scaled dmg to actual tBC numbers. Game is way too different today than what it was back then.

Did it myself with the guild, trash was easily the biggest pain. Soo many of them with crazy spike dmg or annoying CCs. Beyond that, we only wiped to Reliquary and Illidan. Thankfully our raid leader was very knowledgeable on the boss fights, I went there completely blind.

Also, is there a boss bigger than Supremus? Sweet mother of titans that guy was huge!
    Deathwing? In dragon form

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    I queued for it as a tank and my group just kept pulling more and more trash so I bailed. Should be LFR.
    Nah. Works fine. Might work as wake up call for brainless gogogo morons. Game needs more stuff like that to get rid of nasty chain pulling mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Ulduar is way more popular than ICC based on polling. Likewise, ToT was significantly more popular than SoO (and is in fact the only raid to rival Ulduar in polling numbers).

Dragonsoul, in contrast, is almost universally reviled as the worst raid ever created, and there is no way TW pugs can handle mechanics like those present on the Deathwing's Spine encounter. Firelands would be a far better fit for TW for these reasons.
    But by that same logic Ulduar would cause some problems too. Particularly learning how to use Flame Leviathan's vehicles, Yogg's insanity meter and brain room, and whether or not they'll include Algalon in it.

Asides that very much agree. Uld > ICC and FL > DS.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Funny how BT has some issues and the simple fix would just be putting it in LFR/LFD.

None of the fights are even hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if by the time TBC Timewalking comes back around its queable.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Funny how BT has some issues and the simple fix would just be putting it in LFR/LFD.

None of the fights are even hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if by the time TBC Timewalking comes back around its queable.
    I hope that. I have glaives on my rogue since MoP and only need to kill TW Illidan on my DH for the appearance, but with the current system of group building and ID mess I rather pass this time. I am more excited about my fire mage challenge skin :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They need to make this LFR too....
    They should.

It's not even that hard, we wiped once on Souls and Illidan. Someone even started the Akama Event before trash was cleared and we made it no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Homnar View Post
    thats exactly what you get, if you have the warglaives on a char, aka having the FoS you get warglaives Tmog for your DH no matter what char you kill TW illidan on.
    I fully realize that, but what I'm saying is they said "blahblahblah glaives appearance blahblahblah and DH facing their former master should expect a surprise or two". Two explicit mentions not collapsed into one, with the seemingly clear implication being there was something else.

Seems like there wasn't, which is okay I guess. I don't expect real reworks to old content.

On-topic/Off-topic I would love to see more of the old raids come back in timewalking form on a rotation. Too much and you'd remember why you'd grown to hate them but once every ten weeks or so? Cool. Even Molten Core that was brought back for the anniversary could have the TW treatment and give us people who have Thunderfury the chance to earn a weapon skin for xmog (cough).

Would I ever want to do AQ40 again tho? NOOOOO.

Also not all that surprised that they didn't extend how long BT TW is out even tho it has so many issues.

TW itself should be a all time thing anyway IMO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    I am kinda disapointed in the way DH is carrying Transmogged Artifact into Glaives of Azzinoth on it's back. They are crossed over each other in a wrong way imo
    Items
    The Arsenal: The Warglaives of Azzinoth awarded by the I'll Hold These For You Until You Get Out should now sheathe in the same formation as the original Warglaives.

Wohoooo
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I hope that. I have glaives on my rogue since MoP and only need to kill TW Illidan on my DH for the appearance, but with the current system of group building and ID mess I rather pass this time. I am more excited about my fire mage challenge skin :3
    Why do people keep thinking you need to do this on a DH for the appearance? I got Warglaives on my monk a few years ago, and I did TW'ing on my Hunter main. My alt DH now has the xmog appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also not all that surprised that they didn't extend how long BT TW is out even tho it has so many issues.

TW itself should be a all time thing anyway IMO.
    It doesn't have many issues. It had 1 with the old lockout system which has been fixed already. I don't know if that was retroactive for people that started it before the fix, but I believe it is.
    The only "issues" with it is that you can't be stupid and chain/mass pull trash packs. The bosses are so easy, barring Illidan, that every group can 1 shot them if not going full retard. Group I was in wiped once on Supremus (people being dumb and standing in volcanoes, acting like it's LFR), once on Akama (idiot "helper" pulled him before we cleared the room), and once on Reliquary because someone ran to the bottom of the ramp going thru the gauntlet. The only hard fight, I use that term loosely, was Illidan due to their being slightly more to do than tank n spank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Why do people keep thinking you need to do this on a DH for the appearance? I got Warglaives on my monk a few years ago, and I did TW'ing on my Hunter main. My alt DH now has the xmog appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't have many issues. It had 1 with the old lockout system which has been fixed already. I don't know if that was retroactive for people that started it before the fix, but I believe it is.
    The only "issues" with it is that you can't be stupid and chain/mass pull trash packs. The bosses are so easy, barring Illidan, that every group can 1 shot them if not going full retard. Group I was in wiped once on Supremus (people being dumb and standing in volcanoes, acting like it's LFR), once on Akama (idiot "helper" pulled him before we cleared the room), and once on Reliquary because someone ran to the bottom of the ramp going thru the gauntlet. The only hard fight, I use that term loosely, was Illidan due to their being slightly more to do than tank n spank.
    Actually the lockout issue is not fixed. It works for some people. I cleared 8/9 last night and I can't continue a raid at Illidan. It's a fresh instance every time with multiple raid leaders including myself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I'd say Blizzard hit a sweet spot for what a TW raid is supposed to be.

Looking forward to TW ICC.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Actually the lockout issue is not fixed. It works for some people. I cleared 8/9 last night and I can't continue a raid at Illidan. It's a fresh instance every time with multiple raid leaders including myself.
    Yup, I had the same issue. And frankly I wasted enough time trying to get it done, along with having to deal with enough brain dead PuG groups that it means I won't get it finished before reset. Not willing to smash my head against the wall for it.

The lockout screw up really killed what was a great fun idea for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The only "issues" with it is that you can't be stupid and chain/mass pull trash packs.
    As others have already said to you no the lockout issue hasn't been fixed. As you yourself pointed out TW BT is easy as hell.

So there is no reason to not have it in LFR que and if it was there to begin with then people wouldn't have dealt with the lockout bug. TW BT is equal to NH LFR in difficulty.

Blizzard making the stupid choice to not place it in the que system means many people got screwed out of finishing it. There is even Anti-LFR people saying it should have been placed in LFR/LFG, That say's a lot by itself.

It will be placed in the que system, when is the only question. I personally wouldn't be surprised if it was done once TBC TW comes back.

This is honestly the most boring thing I've ever done in WoW (and I've done dumb shit like the Insane and Hero of Shattrath).

Nothing is interesting about this. It's literally LFR level with the caveat that you have to actually form a group for it and if this is going to be how every other TW raid is going to be then please spend the dev time on something worthwhile because this was a colossal waste.

people requiring 900ilvl+ when a 950 ilvl theoretically can be out dpsed by a lvl 80. In like 200 ilvl

If you are lucky,u no need to do anything just laying on the ground and wait for ppl carry you to the end,if you are unlucky like me,u have to follow all the mechanics and just like 6 to 7 ppl carry the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    people requiring 900ilvl+ when a 950 ilvl theoretically can be out dpsed by a lvl 80. In like 200 ilvl
    Actually level 80 can't outdps level 110. Artifacts make massive difference. But yep, those requirements are stupid.

I'd rather see requirement to have old gear with 10+ gems and full enchants. But level 110 with artifact requirement is reasonable because artifact at least doubles dps/hps.

Or completely disable artifacts in timewalking.

Deleted
    Not in a million years. I would love to see you try though against me. But with my 4 legendary's (2 legion ones, the cape from MoP and ring from WoD) and my artifact weapon and a 2 set no level 80 will out dps me. we do ridicilous dps in TW events if you combine it all with lower ilevel belts, boots, neck pieces and rings with extra gem slots.

Low levels are not competitive at all in Legion Timewalking. They could drag along before when they only lacked talents but the artifact is a huge difference right now. High item level people have all artifact traits, set bonuses and trinkets. The requirements are there because of the game systems not elitism.

Can expect people to start asking for 25+ gem sets when artifacts go away. I hope yall did that archeology quest that rewards BiS Timewalking necklace.