Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'd say Blizzard hit a sweet spot for what a TW raid is supposed to be.

Looking forward to TW ICC.
    Brainless zergfest where you can ignore most of mechanics? TW (in general) should need more of an effort then queuing up.
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2017-07-18 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus996 View Post
    Not in a million years. I would love to see you try though against me. But with my 4 legendary's (2 legion ones, the cape from MoP and ring from WoD) and my artifact weapon and a 2 set no level 80 will out dps me. we do ridicilous dps in TW events if you combine it all with lower ilevel belts, boots, neck pieces and rings with extra gem slots.
    Are you seriously try-harding in timewalking ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Actually level 80 can't outdps level 110. Artifacts make massive difference. But yep, those requirements are stupid.

I'd rather see requirement to have old gear with 10+ gems and full enchants. But level 110 with artifact requirement is reasonable because artifact at least doubles dps/hps.

Or completely disable artifacts in timewalking.
    I was strictly speaking about ilvl. Hence why i said theoretically. Most people have atleast one artifact at max with all traits now. so thats a fairly even playing field and ilvl is scaled to 141.

So the only thing people should be asking for, if any, is concordance. Nothing else really matters.

The raid was easy. one of our 2 healers had just rerolled and didn't even have 3 relics., The other was an alt. We cleared it without issues and in a timely fashion. We were 9 from the guild with 1 pug. And we are a raiding guild that killed heroic sisters once, in tomb. So not exactly a super guild.

People are asking for way to much for everything in wow now days. So the moronic requirements for BT doesn't really surprise me.

It will only get worse. Heard of people being kicked from a leveling dungeons because they don't have heirlooms. Toxic community is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    People are asking for way to much for everything in wow now days. So the moronic requirements for BT doesn't really surprise me.

It will only get worse. Heard of people being kicked from a leveling dungeons because they don't have heirlooms. Toxic community is toxic.
    Well said and this is why some form of TW BT will be put into the que system at some point.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The only people who ask for ridiculous gear are trade chat pugs. Just avoid all raids with "one shot, fast" ect. There is an addon called "LfrAdvanced" which allows for better searches, read discriptions and get into some guild run filling up.

As for the tuning of BT, felt about right. I went in with my raid, half mains half alts and we one shot everything except Illidan with 1 wipe. Still some people died, especially those who didn't raid back in BC, easy enough but it didn't feel trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well said and this is why some form of TW BT will be put into the que system at some point.
    It is a side effect of making everyone the same.

Speaking of mythic plus I can't tell anything about how a below a 930ilv character will perform. I have had full groups of 920+ fail at a plus 6.

The easier you make it to gear. The harder and more restrictive you make it to pug content. People want to know you can do well enough to complete it and with the birth of lol titanforging. Anything below a mythic raider is suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanked the whole thing yesterday.

Ironically, we wiped a lot at the beginning. Then the pug-faceroll-or-quit idiots left and we had a solid core of 20~ people and we cleared the whole thing. Took maybe 4 hours to do a full clear.

Really liked this, but I don't think I'll do it next time. It requires a lot of coordination, even if it's timewalking.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

That has been a problem since start of WoW. There were always wannabe hardcore children that think they are cool by making insane requirements and kicking people. It won't get worse. You need to simply avoid them. For every toxic group there is at least 1 normal group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Automatic match making is not a solution. It is part of problem. If toxic player can get in group with no effort, there is no reason for him not to be toxic. That's why we have afk players on follow, players who don't even bother doing basic rotation, players who queue with offspec they don't play to get in faster, etc.

Because of that all LFD/LFR content is faceroll easy. Can't expect cooperation and basic coordination in randomly matched groups. LFR is soulless. Other players can as well be NPCs.

BT wasn't too hard, but it was harder than LFR content. There is a bit of challenge left in it. If BT is added to LFR, it will have to be nerfed even further to faceroll easy levels, which will ruin it.

Better keep it as it is. For every group with stupid requirements there is a good group. Or you can make your own. Don't ruin tiny bit of challenge that still remains there for everyone.

It's LFR level difficulty, except for Illidan. Who is really just a bit harder due to insane tank damage and a few mechanics that can spiral out of control if they're not handled correctly.

I went in with a 16man group and only 2 healers (the 3rd d/c'd after the first boss and we decided to just wing it....and ended up winging the whole instance), we didn't really know the mechanics at all and still 1shot every fight except Illidan.

A novel idea; I do like that they're bringing back old raids and breathing new life into them, giving them a use outside of steamrolling through them for transmog gear, but this really isn't an accurate portrayal of how hard they were back in the day. Which, I doubt they'll ever do, considering their "let all the players see all the content" philosophy, so I'm fully expecting all future timewalking raids to be steamroll-LFR difficulty.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-07-18 at 05:25 PM.

Never doing it again due to the fact that you have to afk for 10 min on the council fight as a melee.

I joined an Illidan only raid with fresh lockout ID and we killed him on 2nd try ! couldnt rly bother to clear entire raid for transmog reward!

I must admit that I was rather giddy once I got to mage tank on Illidari Council. I used to do this back in the day, so it was a huge nostalgic thrill for me.

Aside from that high, I found Timewalking Black Temple to be okay. Was kinda fun explaining to the newer players just how onerous the trash packs could be back in day. But some of mechanics definitely seem dated by modern standards.

If I do go again, I'd prefer an organized group. The PUG I attended definitely causes unnecessary delays in an already long raid. Still, I was fun enough to do once in awhile.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's only up for this week? Should have made it one week longer imo

The next time seems to be mid October