Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Why not replace leavers?

    So I get that leavers are a problem. You can't just penalize the leaver and end the match because teams will exploit that (have a designated leaver whose rating drops).

    But why not just replace the leaver in comp? The person who joins gets a win if it's a win, no rating change if it's a loss. The person who leaves gets a rating penalty either way. What's the downside?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    WoD was like ordering a meal, eating it and leaving. Legion is like ordering a meal, instantly puking it back in the platter due to atrocious taste and watching everyone around doing the same, eating their own puke again and again while telling each other 'Wow, there's so much to eat, I can't believe it'.

  2. #2
    I've always been asking for at least an AI to help.

    In comp modes in MOBAs, you're given one. Granted, the AI is dumbed down
    to the point of being virtually useless, but at LEAST its another body that can
    fight.

  3. #3
    Over 9000! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,163
    How does it work when someone leaves, do you lose a set amount of rating if you lose?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I've always been asking for at least an AI to help.

    In comp modes in MOBAs, you're given one. Granted, the AI is dumbed down
    to the point of being virtually useless, but at LEAST its another body that can
    fight.
    IMO make it an AI level almost equivalent to DarkSims from Perfect Dark. Those fucklords were cheaters.
    Uses the same signature for over a year, just randomly gets infracted for it recently.
    Placeholder signature is placeholder and will hopefully make me finish my shit.
    Oh yeah, I'm a Druid and stuff.

  5. #5
    Legendary! MonsieuRoberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Weeping Squares, Vilendra, Solus
    Posts
    6,346
    Woudn't it feel amazing to play for an hour and gain no rating change because you're just a warm body filling slots in other games. No opportunity for improvement, only failure.

    It would have to be an AI.

  6. #6
    Make it a clickable option and offer small incentives. Maybe a loot box or a small experience gain.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I've always been asking for at least an AI to help.

    In comp modes in MOBAs, you're given one. Granted, the AI is dumbed down
    to the point of being virtually useless, but at LEAST its another body that can
    fight.
    Another body that can feed ults to the enemy team, sounds fun.

  8. #8
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    16,927
    I mean, it would really suck for the person that fills in. Who wants to jump into a match that is partway over. Especially if the other person left because the team was losing or overly toxic. And there's been plenty of games were even if we weren't losing before, playing a man down even for a short amount of time certainly turned it that way - meaning fillers are probably going to be joining losing games the majority of the time.

    It also would block the original player from returning in the event it was just a brief disconnect.

    As much as I hate leaver games, I don't thinks dropping a new person into a Comp game after a leaver is a good solution. I'd rather see something like less SR penalty (either in terms of amount of frequency) or AI or harsher leaver punishments or all of the above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Another body that can feed ults to the enemy team, sounds fun.
    I think the enemy team potentially getting faster ults is a lesser evil than the enemy team having an entire extra player. I mean, they're also going to get faster ults if they win nearly every team fight because they outnumber you also.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Another body that can feed ults to the enemy team, sounds fun.
    As opposed to just winning faster since there's only 5 people to kill?

    Like what is even your argument?

  10. #10
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    46,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    So I get that leavers are a problem. You can't just penalize the leaver and end the match because teams will exploit that (have a designated leaver whose rating drops).

    But why not just replace the leaver in comp? The person who joins gets a win if it's a win, no rating change if it's a loss. The person who leaves gets a rating penalty either way. What's the downside?
    The downsides are as follows;

    1> The person who joins a losing match and can't turn it around feels their time was wasted on a match that meant nothing to them, since they lose no rank.
    2> They unfairly get a win they only contributed partially to (say the guy left when they were 2/0 on wins for a capture-point map and were holding the point at 50%; the replacement helps them not-lose but didn't get them all the way there).
    3> Any reduction in rewards to the joiner to combat #2 feels unfair to the joiner.
    4> It means you can't leave the spot open for the original player to rejoin; I've had people crash out, cost us a round, and then come back for the next round after, 2-3 minutes later.

    Like ThatsOurEric said, I think they should add a computer AI player as a replacement. Either default it to a "standard" offense like Soldier 76/Reaper, or a support like Mercy, heroes that are relatively "easy" for the AI to handle, and which don't act as lynchpins the same way tanks often do, or niche offense heroes. Or heck, even defense heroes like Torbjorn. Just not heroes or with AI skill hax that let them be actually advantageous to have; the AI player needs to be a "better than fucking nothing" thing, not a "thank god that Hanzo was awful and left and now we get an AI hanzo that's actually okay" thing.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    but at LEAST its another body that can
    fight.
    Or feed ult charge to the enemy... I'd rather have 5 skilled players that work together than have a bot on my team.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

    Like ThatsOurEric said, I think they should add a computer AI player as a replacement.
    Disagree, that's free ult charge for the other team.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Another body that can feed ults to the enemy team, sounds fun.
    Ahh, beat me to it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    As opposed to just winning faster since there's only 5 people to kill?

    Like what is even your argument?
    That I don't want to deal with free dragonblades in my face because a bot faced into a choke.

    I've won games 5v6. They were close but it has happened. So close that a stupid bot would probably be a hindrance rather than an aid.


    It might feel fair until high gold/plat but any rank higher than that and the enemy team will abuse the free ult charge.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-07-13 at 02:45 AM.

  12. #12
    The problem is that you don't want to get thrown into a game with a team that's losing where the tone might be extremely toxic. If it was something you could opt into and not lose anything from doing it might be alright.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Or feed ult charge to the enemy...

    Disagree, that's free ult charge for the other team.
    Just by engaging the enemy, its a free ult charge. So this is absolutely, not
    a good argument in the slightest.

    Is that all the anti-bot team has? "Ult charge?"

    So...no real argument then.

    I've won games 5v6. They were close but it has happened. So close that a stupid bot would probably be a hindrance rather than an aid.
    1 : Yes, so have I. But if you were to total how many games people win in 5v6 compared to a standard 6v6, you'll find that
    the difference is at LEAST 95% likelihood of that 5 man team losing. Because you're losing :
    -Extra damage or,
    -Extra Healing or,
    -Extra Tanking

    2 : You have no way of knowing that since that's not even an option in the game, currently.

  14. #14
    Blizz has already issued an official statement on this. They think it's fair to assume that said person left because the team was losing so they would rather hurry up and end the match rather than delay it longer with things like adding AIs onto your team.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Blizz has already issued an official statement on this. They think it's fair to assume that said person left because the team was losing so they would rather hurry up and end the match rather than delay it longer with things like adding AIs onto your team.
    honestly most leavers i get are when we're winning.. which really baffles me.

    when on a team that can't work together and is obviously losing.. people just swap to whatever character and dick around / afk in spawn because they don't want the strike against them

  16. #16
    Leavers should be banned from comp for 2-3 hours.
    Team-Mates of Leavers should not be able to get +rating this round.
    A Bot should be added for the leaver that doesn't charge the ulti. The Bot should be a special character that has a healing aura like lucio mb and does dmg like a weak version of torbs turret. (scaling with match rating)
    Main -> Ana Fallback -> Mercy Roadhog McCree Learning -> Widowmaker D.VA

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Just by engaging the enemy, its a free ult charge. So this is absolutely, not
    a good argument in the slightest.

    Is that all the anti-bot team has? "Ult charge?"

    So...no real argument then.
    JUST ult charge? are u kidding? how long have u been playing this game? are u playing on bronze? A bot will probably be helpful on bronze to gold yes, but higher than that def not. You are better off 5vs6.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2017-07-13 at 12:31 PM.

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Just by engaging the enemy, its a free ult charge. So this is absolutely, not
    a good argument in the slightest.
    Oh, so you're just bad then. Ok. I'm done here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    JUST ult charge? are u kidding? how long have u been playing this game? are u playing on bronze? A bot will probably be helpful on bronze to gold yes, but higher than that def not. You are better off 5vs6.
    agreed 100%

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    JUST ult charge? are u kidding? how long have u been playing this game? are u playing on bronze?
    I'm not, and what does Bronze have to do with anything?

    A bot will probably be helpful on bronze to gold yes, but higher than that def not. You are better off 5vs6.
    So a near 100% guaranteed loss vs. at least a chance not to lose.

    Yeah, real "genius" which option most people would take.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Oh, so you're just bad then. Ok. I'm done here.
    If your rebuttal is a personal attack, maybe its better that you do leave.

    You should also go look and find some maturity while you're at it, but then
    again, that's probably a free ult charge, and you can't be bothered with that.

  20. #20
    Accept the loss or by magic win a 5vs6 the problem is lack of punishment. While leavers aren't gonna disappear harsher punishments will at least make leaving less appealing. I would get pissed if i had to fill for a most likely retarded team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •