Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    There is no satisfying solution. Neither AI nor a replacement will help to make the match fair again.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    If your rebuttal is a personal attack, maybe its better that you do leave.
    If you can't understand the importance of ult charge then there is nothing to discuss. I simply don't trust a bot AI in a game like this. If it was deathmatch I would agree with you, but its not. But go ahead and keep dismissing our argument as "just ult charge lawl"
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-07-13 at 03:38 PM.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Accept the loss or by magic win a 5vs6 the problem is lack of punishment. While leavers aren't gonna disappear harsher punishments will at least make leaving less appealing. I would get pissed if i had to fill for a most likely retarded team.
    I agree, but I can think of a relatively fair compromise. If you backfill you won't lose any ranking for a loss (the game would tell you this very prominantly) and if you win your % gain will be relative to how long you were in the game for. i.e. if you came in during round 3 of a 5 round game you get 60% SR gain.

    They could also tweak the matchmaking algorithm with some kind of bad luck protection so if you backfill once, you don't have to backfill again for, say, another 5 games or something.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Just by engaging the enemy, its a free ult charge. So this is absolutely, not
    a good argument in the slightest.
    Oh ok, you actually never played overwatch.

    You should try it. Great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  5. #25
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Oh ok, you actually never played overwatch.

    You should try it. Great game.
    He probably played the free weekend, maybe we should cut him some slack.

  6. #26
    put BOT Tyler in, that dude will running 1 tap you through smoke. every. fucking. time.

  7. #27
    Moderator xChurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The darkest corner with the best view.
    Posts
    4,315
    Let's keep this civil and avoid personal attacks please.
    Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - Carl Sagan

    False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness. - Charles Darwin

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    But go ahead and keep dismissing our argument as "just ult charge lawl"
    Because that's the only argument that's been presented for being against bot A.I.s, to which its countered by,
    "just engaging them ult charges anyway."

    So its not a good argument.

    A good argument would be that you can't communicate with A.I.s; True, this is a problem, since an A.I. could
    charge in alone, it can't make plays with the team, etc.

    But on the other hand, its still another dpser, healer, tank, just another person to help fill an empty spot. Since
    you claim to have been in 5v6 before, you should know how just by having a missing person changes the entire
    dynamic of the fight, and now the fight to win is not only significantly much more difficult, but its now become a
    struggle.

    If anything, the bot is little more than a mobile version of Torjborn's turret. A distraction if nothing more, and
    I personally, would rather have that extra slot filled with a distraction with a chance of winning than have a
    practically guaranteed loss.

    If you disagree, fine. But at least present a more substantial case if you're going to.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    If anything, the bot is little more than a mobile version of Torjborn's turret. A distraction if nothing more, and
    I personally, would rather have that extra slot filled with a distraction with a chance of winning than have a
    practically guaranteed loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I'm not, and what does Bronze have to do with anything?
    My point. /threadclose

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    My point. /threadclose
    Translation : "I have nothing relevant to add."

    Could've just said so from the beginning.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Translation : "I have nothing relevant to add."

    Could've just said so from the beginning.
    Those 2 post i quoted just proves that you clearly do not know anything about the game outside low level play. And thats not a bad thing, but what you are suggesting is really not a good thing for comp.

  12. #32
    Moderator xChurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The darkest corner with the best view.
    Posts
    4,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Those 2 post i quoted just proves that you clearly do not know anything about the game outside low level play. And thats not a bad thing, but what you are suggesting is really not a good thing for comp.
    Why do you think it's a bad idea though?
    Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - Carl Sagan

    False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness. - Charles Darwin

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Leavers should be banned from comp for 2-3 hours.
    Team-Mates of Leavers should not be able to get +rating this round.
    A Bot should be added for the leaver that doesn't charge the ulti. The Bot should be a special character that has a healing aura like lucio mb and does dmg like a weak version of torbs turret. (scaling with match rating)
    Could you explain what you mean by this, because it sounds like you are for punishing other players for the action of one?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Why do you think it's a bad idea though?
    In the high level play, a bot's predictable movements could make it an easy target, meaning that it would just feed into the ultimate of the other team. 2-3 kills on that bot, then the enemy genji can wipe ur team again before you even push. If you think "its just ult" then i do not know what game you are playing, ults is everything about this game, ult coordination is what wins games on higher levels. Saying "what does bronze have to do with anything", if you havent climbed to at least plat i would not expect you to know what im talking about. And even in lower tier matches, if the bots are too good, it would just encourage people to bully out someone else that they think isn't carrying their weight so that they could get a bot instead.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I've always been asking for at least an AI to help.

    In comp modes in MOBAs, you're given one. Granted, the AI is dumbed down
    to the point of being virtually useless, but at LEAST its another body that can
    fight.
    AI is generally terrible in these situations, even in MOBAs. They just feed the other team. In OW they'd feed ult charge, in MOBAs they feed exp. The idea for an AI that doesn't give exp/ult is interesting, but ultimately I think you either are gonna have AI that are still useless or godmode aimbots which would make people intentionally leave to get the AI. I think the solution is to make much harsher leaver penalties and also the ability to rejoin the game in the case of d/c, crashes, etc.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-07-14 at 02:50 AM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Could you explain what you mean by this, because it sounds like you are for punishing other players for the action of one?
    yeah. I didnt mean Team-Mates, but Group-Mates, but I didn't think this through.
    Some people group up with friends so they can leave, when you are going to lose and hope you wont lose that much points. So I think people that group up to have a 'rescue-leaver' should not be able to gain rating through it.
    Main -> Ana Fallback -> Mercy Roadhog McCree Learning -> Widowmaker D.VA

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    So I get that leavers are a problem. You can't just penalize the leaver and end the match because teams will exploit that (have a designated leaver whose rating drops).

    But why not just replace the leaver in comp? The person who joins gets a win if it's a win, no rating change if it's a loss. The person who leaves gets a rating penalty either way. What's the downside?
    So if i win, i win, if i lose, i win. See the problem?

  18. #38
    Keyboard Turner Vidofiner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Land of Turtles
    Posts
    8
    If they replaced leavers then my 3v6's would be a lot less satisfying.

  19. #39
    Pandaren Monk Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    yeah. I didnt mean Team-Mates, but Group-Mates, but I didn't think this through.
    Some people group up with friends so they can leave, when you are going to lose and hope you wont lose that much points. So I think people that group up to have a 'rescue-leaver' should not be able to gain rating through it.
    That's still not good. You would still end up punishing people who had nothing to do with the person leaving.

    I think the best thing if a person has a high number of leaving the match, they get put into a prison server where they only get to play with other leavers.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I'm not, and what does Bronze have to do with anything?
    The fact that on higher skill levels the ult charging is actually a very major thing, and the team with betters ults usually wins the game. So if there's a bot that's basically just feeding more ult to enemy team, it can easily do more harm than good.

    Someone playing on Bronze level would not realise that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •