View Poll Results: What is the perfect temperature inside the house?

Voters
144. This poll is closed
  • 68 (20c) Or below

60 41.67%
  • 72 (22.c) Degrees

56 38.89%
  • 75 (24c)

15 10.42%
  • 78 (26c)

8 5.56%
  • 80 (27c)

2 1.39%
  • Just open up a freaking window and let nature IN!

3 2.08%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    So my boyfriend runs hot where as i run a little bit colder, he could be sweating infront of a fan and 3 inches away from me im all snuggled up in a blanket. I like my house at 72 degrees.

i personally prefer it to be warmer in my apartment, usually open up the windows when i can, i don't have air conditioning
    i'd say about 70-72 is perfect for me inside

55-60F, I literally start melting when it gets over 70.

15+ Year Old Account
    72F, any lower and the A/C runs way too long in Florida. Mah electricity bill!

Can we add to this place of birth or something? How the hell can anyone be comfortable in 75F/24C +? Must be a lot of women or people from the equator region posting?

I am from the North East USA.

For me, I like 18C-20C/65F-68F. Max 22c/72F, and at that temperature I need a fan at least moving the air around. I am willing to compromise on some things but temperature is not one of them. I have left friends homes after being invited over because it was too hot, gotten into fights with people over the thermostat, and will insist on the temperature being nowhere above 70F. The thing is, cold people can can always put on more clothing, hot people can't do anything but turn the temperature down.

I run hot. When I was in the army, I was constantly asked if I was ok because I was always bright red and sweating (I made it through everything well, just soaked in sweat) I drank a lot of water... I actually bought an air conditioner and hooked it up to our generator for our field exercises. I was told if it was my money and it fit in the truck, no problem. I carried a big fan tied to my ruck sack for one field op, then set it up in the tent... 100% worth it. People made fun of it then were envious the whole time in the tent. I hate the heat, if I could control the weather it would never go above 18C/65F outside, except at s small strip along the beach where it would be warm.

Worst thing in the world is being in an office where women control the temperature, glad I am not in that situation in this job.

Thermostat set to 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'm from central Texas, and I live in the Pacific northwest, so I don't really need AC during the summer. We just open the windows. So the temp varies between 72-85. Depends on how hot it is outside. August is the worst month, but I'm so used to Texas summers. The summers here don't bother me. :P In the winter time, I usually keep the house around 74-75... which is definitely my preferred range. I'm always cold, too.

I also live in base housing (husband is Navy) so our utility bills are extremely low. They take our monthly usage and if we're in the 'low' threshold, then we don't have to pay the difference vs everyone else in the area. It adds up pretty quickly.