Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Best pet to transfer gold between servers for gold?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move it if so.

Anyway, I have about 150k I want to transfer. I need a pet / pets that tends to sell quickly and sells for a decent amount on all servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    Open Auction House find answer.
    That won't tell me how quickly the pets sell. They could have been sitting up there for weeks for all I know.

Search terms on google: wowuction and theunderminejournal.

In the last year, the only pet i've had sell was one drudge ghoul. So you can try that. Unless you're on a lucky server, battle pets dont sell very well.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pets don't really sell. If you can find a mount for 150k you'll probably have better luck

The transfer limit was increased to 250k per character, but if you want 150k above that you might want to take on Flasks or Enchants. Something that sells fast. A pet is not something many people buy. If you don't want the multiple item hassle check the prices of 915-920 epics. They tend to sell fast on /trade.

Dragon Kite is usually popular and around 100-200k as is the Darkmoon Rabbit.

If you have a lot of Gold to transfer then you could look at the Mad Merchant (The Wonderworks Toy Shop, Dalaran) technique; (1) purchase item(s) from him, (2) transfer that character with the item(s) still in their bag (3) log that character once the transfer is completed and then trade the item(s) back to any NPC for a full refund. Voila, you've transferred gold.

* Spider Mount (2M)
    * Prismastic Bauble (250k)
    * Madman's Luggage (500k)
    * Celestial Calf (1M)

The downside is that the Mad Merchant is a rare spawn ~anywhere from 4hrs to several days, and then only stays for 1~2hrs. You can use CRZ / Premades to find him. Of course, you can transfer vast amounts of gold and bypass the Auction House 5% commission by doing so.

Best of luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Pets don't really sell. If you can find a mount for 150k you'll probably have better luck
    Yeah maybe sandstone drake? About 130k ish on my shitty server

I used obliterum last time i had to transfer, sells pretty well now that the items goes to 900
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    <.<
    >.>

He needs something that is shared across the account.

You can't sell a mount you have already learned, and the only way that is shared across characters is if you learn it. He's trying to buy said pet on Character A learn it and then cage it and sell it on Character B.

He's not actually trying to MAKE money on the AH... just break even.

That is definitely an interesting workaround... but I can't say I've ever sold a pet for more than 1000. No idea how much the OP makes an hour... but I am guessing you'll spend more than an hour in game trying to make this work...

I'd just spend an hour or two extra at work and buy a token.

Deleted
    Pets that I have sold that went pretty quickly were Chrominius and the Anubisath Idol. Those are pretty useful for people who want to pve pet battle. Other than that the Drudge ghoul is rather uncommon, as very few people want to do ICC normal and it drops only there. But since you need it for the Raiding with Leashes achievement it should sell decently.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-07-19 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I stand corrected

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy enough tokens with gold on server A, convert to blizzard money, buy tokens on server B, sell tokens for gold.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

As others have said the pet market is somewhat erratic. Whatever pet you choose there is no guarantee that you will not be trying for weeks or months to sell it or that you will get what you paid for it back. Personally I would look for trading card pets like the spectral tiger cub or the ethereal soul trader but these might be out of your 150k price range depending on your server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Buy enough tokens with gold on server A, convert to blizzard money, buy tokens on server B, sell tokens for gold.
    Would he be able to buy enough tokens to do this with 150k gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Pets that I have sold that went pretty quickly were Chrominius and the Anubisath Idol. Those are pretty useful for people who want to pve pet battle. Other than that the Drudge ghoul is rather uncommon, as very few people want to do ICC 10 man and it drops only there. But since you need it for the Raiding with Leashes achievement it should sell decently.
    Drudge Ghoul is tied to Normal ICC, 10 or 25 man doesn't matter.

Wouldn't recommend pets. Do mounts instead.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Would he be able to buy enough tokens to do this with 150k gold?
    He could always farm more, but it's not directed at him exclusively, if anyone wonders how to transfer lots of gold between servers or even accounts (that you own though) - here's the way. You lose some gold in the process due to price difference of the sold and bought tokens, but it's fast and sure way to do it. I think it's fair price.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Wouldn't recommend pets. Do mounts instead.
    Not shared... sheesh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Drudge Ghoul is tied to Normal ICC, 10 or 25 man doesn't matter.
    My mistake. I only remembered it dropping in a mount where the mount can't drop and thought it was 10 man. Correcting above post.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    (1) purchase item(s) from him, (2) transfer that character with the item(s) still in their bag (3) log that character once the transfer is completed and then trade the item(s) back to any NPC for a full refund. Voila, you've transferred gold.
    I tested this some years ago with the Grand Expedition Yak on the PTR and it didn't always work (only about 50% of the time), does this work more reliable on live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Problem is, you loose between 25 and 35% of your gold depending on your region. Doesn't seem like an amazing deal but might be the best you can do.