Connection Issues

I just got the game today, but had been playing the trial for a few days already (with no issues).

I can't tell if it's me having problems or the game, but at the time of this posting I keep disconnecting over and over. I don't seem to be having any issues with anything else that uses a steady connection though.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this issue, or is it all server side? I've seen some server message mentioning DDoS attacks too. Is that a frequent thing?

Game has been getting ddosed these past few days probably not just you.

It's DDoS against the NA data centers, very much not just you. It'll continue until SE either beefs up their security enough to fend them off reliably or they eventually give up and stop. I expect it'll drop off by the time Savage Omega's been around a couple weeks or more.

It's just something that you'll have to grin and bear for the time being. FFXIV and various other MMO's have been hit by DDoS attacks in recent week, unfortunately. Thankfully it isn't a constant threat.

The glass half empty part of me feels like the ddos attacks are going to get worse right when omega savage launches.

As others have said it's DDoS attacks causing connection and latency issues for everyone on the data centers affected. Definitely not you.

I wish we could find a way to locate who's doing it and send a signal that blows up their computers...

Thank you all for the responses. Glad it's not something wrong with my end. Tired of fixing problems -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As others have said it's DDoS attacks causing connection and latency issues for everyone on the data centers affected. Definitely not you.

I wish we could find a way to locate who's doing it and send a signal that blows up their computers...
    ESTIP - Electroshock Through Internet Protocol XD
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"