Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    I was under the impression that Blizzard had said something about putting out more patches overall and lengthening the overall life of expansions. If they put out 7.4 and 7.5 before moving to 8.0, that should give them a lot more breathing room to work on the expansion. 8 more months of "fresh" content but maybe only 3 more months to the actual length of the expansion, leading to a shorter drought overall. If they could get the drought down to 10 months or less, I think there would be a lot more people who would stick it out for the whole time, rather than just letting their sub run out until the xpac hits.
    If 7.3 wouldn't be Argus I'd agree but Argus is wrapping up the entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    You have to take budgeting into account. Hosting an event like Blizzcon is fucking expensive - just the cost of renting out the convention center alone is a huge amount of money, along with paying for power, security, emergency crews, etc. Anything they can sell to offset that cost is going to be welcome, especially a PPV ticket. 200k is nothing to sneeze at, in terms of paying off the costs of the event. Sure, Blizzard could afford to take a loss on the whole thing, but why should they? Just so your sense of justice is fulfilled?
    Oh fucking hell, learn to read and understand. My comment was directed at someone who was arguing that an announce at Gamescom could whip up enthusiasm for Blizzcon and my entire point was that THEY DONT NEED TO because Blizzcon is already sold out and stuffed with people who are paying to come to a con all about Blizzard.

Take your nitpicking bullshit, fold it until it's all corners and....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't know what projects he's actively working on currently besides Heroes (is there still development going on in SCII?), but he's worked on most Blizzard games at some point afaik. He's definitely worked on WoW and his warcraft concept art is in the Blizzard campus gallery/museum as well as in the art books that come with the expansion CEs.
    Yeah I assume he's on Heroes team and some new unannonced project.

I was surprised when people said he was WC Art Director, I do know he did tons of stuff for multiple Blizz franchises thou.