Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    The San Diego Comic Con is starting and Blizzard seem to be extra invested in it this time.

Could a new expansion be revealed next week?
    We've almost defeated the Legion and its time to move on from the Hellfire Peninsula green shit and barren wasteland type areas. Many people are sick of it by now.

Legion itself wasn't reaved at Blizzcon so there definitely is a chance. They could even introduce it being a comic-con and primarily a written medium, they could even reflect on that and announce it via a letter from the forces left behind on Azeroth which came to the faction leader's attention, on that of an ancient evil is rising from the oceans while they were on Argus or something like that. That would be a fun change from all the old announcements.
    By the timing of this patch, you can predict that 7.3 will come around late october or november? Perfect timing to reveal the next expansion at Blizzcon, just as 7.3 is out fresh.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-07-13 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, I don't think so. They never did that and the event is overall too small for an expansion announcement. It's even debatle if they'll announce it on Gamescom when they have their own, massive Blizzcon just three months later.

I wish they announce a new novel or the next part of Chronicles.
    Yeah, the 130,000+ people at Comic Con is nothing compared to the 30,000+ at Blizzcon.

Guys can we focus on 7.3? Why does everyone want a new expansion so bad when the second tier of this one has only been out for a month?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in the road to blizzcon, we still got gamescom, and i guess that taking in account legion was announced in Gamescom. We can expect some Warcraft announcements there.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Guys can we focus on 7.3? Why does everyone want a new expansion so bad when the second tier of this one has only been out for a month?
    The second tier can be on its 3rd day, it doesn't change the fact that the expansion has been out for over 10 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    "They never did that" really isn't the best excuse. afaik no xpac was revealed outside of Blizzcon until last round with Legion at Gamescom, but clearly never having done that didn't stop Blizzard.

Comic-con is by NO MEANS a small event though. Hell, it probably gets wider coverage than Gamescom or Blizzcon. Blizzard is also no stranger to Comiccon, having promoted Warcraft there across a multitude of mediums. Now with all that said, I won't hold my breath. I anticipate the reveal to be at this years Gamescom instead.
    It just doesn't make sense to do it there. Not everyone there is interested in gaming where at least at other venues it would be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Because people start to talk about a new expansion before the "current" is released. I am pretty sure even during beta we had talks about what comes after Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Yeah, the 130,000+ people at Comic Con is nothing compared to the 30,000+ at Blizzcon.
    Yes, they're nothing compared to the 30.000+ at Blizzcon because Blizzcon is Blizzard's own expo whereas Comic Con is just another expo (that's not even focussing on video games).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If they intend Argus to be the last content patch, they could announce soon. Although I would rather bet on using GamesCom again, if anything. But I'm not convinced they wouldn't wait until BlizzCon to do it "proper".

Its not even clear if Argus is the very last content. They could follow with a small-ish raid after to bridge the gap to the next expansion, perhaps even something fitting the upcoming story.
    I am pretty sure Ion confirmed that Antarus is the last raid. Besides... if you read the spoilers... it has to end there. Theres no more Legion story to tell, thats the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yes, they're nothing compared to the 30.000+ at Blizzcon because Blizzcon is Blizzard's own expo whereas Comic Con is just another expo (that's not even focussing on video games).
    That's a completely different argument altogether. You said "the event overall is too small for an expansion announcement" saying that SDCC is a small event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    By the timing of this patch, you can predict that 7.3 will come around late october or november? Perfect timing to reveal the next expansion at Blizzcon, just as 7.3 is out fresh.
    7.3 is coming in the last week of August or first week of September.

The raid will unlock mid November.

This is going by what they did with the last patch.
    So... theres arguments for both, but from a development pov, it makes more sense at gamescom, as their focus will be completely switched to the new expansion with the 7.3 patch development beeing wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Besides... if you read the spoilers... it has to end there. Theres no more Legion story to tell, thats the finale.
    Perhaps, but expansions have taken a turn right at the end before. A new small raid could be a crossover to the next story. I wouldn't entirely discount it.

It does feel like they would announce soon though, but even then if we're looking at a similar timeframe like Legion, an announce at GamesCom and release late summer 2018, thats still 9-10 months of Argus Raid, so I can keep hoping they would surprise us with something to fill that gap.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-07-13 at 03:56 PM.

When there might be 1 in 20 people at SDCC who care about Blizzard stuff, and 20 in 20 at Blizzcon, yes, Comic Con is nothing compared to Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Perhaps, but expansions have taken a turn right at the end before. A new small raid could be a crossover to the next story. I wouldn't entirely discount it.

It does feel like they would announce soon though, but even then if we're looking at a similar timeframe like Legion, an announce at GamesCom and release late summer 2018, thats still 9-10 months of Argus Raid, so I can keep hoping they would surprise us with something to fill that gap.
    They are gonna have something, but it's probably more like the last patch of WoD with the justice points. They have said before how they weren't very happy with the Ruby sanctum and they should have pushed it into the next expansion.

But, fingers crossed they can keep the pace they have with the patches and can release the expansion 5 to 6 months after antarus releases. That wouldn't be bad. I mean... up to 8 months its acceptable for the last patch (with the justice points patch in the middle). We don't want more though.

Maybe another movie/show announcement based on a different IP. Overwatch or Diablo maybe. I can't see Starcraft making the jump to other media, it would be really expensive to make and it isn't all that popular in the US. Unlike Diablo and OW which are more popular than WoW.

Deleted
    They have no reason not to hold on to it until Blizzcon.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should leave SDCC and stick their games stuff at the, y'know, games conventions.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    When there might be 1 in 20 people at SDCC who care about Blizzard stuff, and 20 in 20 at Blizzcon, yes, Comic Con is nothing compared to Blizzcon.
    I never said anything regarding the amount of people who care about WoW or Blizzard in general. My comment was regarding someone saying SDCC wasn't that big, which is complexity incorrect.

Also where do you get your data from that you know it's 1 in 20? I know a ton of WoW players who go each year, and although I may only know a small portion of both SDCC attendees and a small portion of WoW players, there are definitely more than 1 in 20 in my circle of friends.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes
    because all 130,000 people care about wow...
    i think you need to realize
    yes 130,000>30,000
    but how many of those 130,000 give a shit about wow?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes
    because all 130,000 people care about wow...
    i think you need to realize
    yes 130,000>30,000
    but how many of those 130,000 give a shit about wow?
    Do you have to give a shit about wow to be interested in wow?
    Could be a smart way to advertise to an audience.