Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is not right. Warcraft did at best break even, if it made profit (which is debatable) it's so small (< $10-20 million) that it's not worth considering a sequel. Pretty sure we won't see a Hollywood-made sequel, maybe some kind of Chinaesque sequel at best.
    The movie Warcraft (2016) made $433,677,183 world wide with a production budget of $160 million. Yes the movie was a disappointment for the studio, but it certainly did not "only" break even.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthh View Post
    The movie Warcraft (2016) made $433,677,183 world wide with a production budget of $160 million. Yes the movie was a disappointment for the studio, but it certainly did not "only" break even.
    Well, that's something we didn't know. There are several sources that state Warcraft needed $400-450 million to break even because it's marketing costs were horrendous ($160 million is the production budget alone).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They announced legion, at gamescom so.
    That's not what I said. I said "they never did that and the event..." - they never did that at San Diego Comic Con. I know they announced Legion at Gamescom but we all know why they did that ("announce Legion at Gamescom") and did not wait until Blizzcon as they would usually do.

We will most likely see more final fantasy 7 remake coverage and kingdom hearts 3 stuff if anything.
    JAINA is NOT a DREADLORD!
    Battletag dek1979#1961
    Odds are if she's too good to be true then she's 2qt2bstr8 :-)
    https://wowtrack.org/characters/US/Stormrage/Blixena

Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah View Post
    Hence the ToV raid...since that wasn't a major content patch.
    Yeah but 7.4 is a major patch, that would have to be 7.3.1 or something !

The expansion will be announced on November 3rd or 4th at Blizzcon. It will be released in August or September of 2018, with a gap of about 7-11 months between the final raid and the prepatch. A prepatch will be released about a year from today. We will get one more full raid after this, but there will be more content during the long end game patch than there has been in any content gap before it. The content will be slim and derided, skippable novelty. If we are lucky, a 3 boss raid with higher ilvl gear may be released in early 2018. Hype train will hit in may, resubs in June/July, prepatch in July and on until morning.

edit: archived for lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    September isn't the end of the year though. That's December.

You said end of this year for Argus and end of next year for 8.0

That will never happen.

December will be the release of Throne probably, and 8.0 will come out no later than early fall.
    You do know September is towards the end of the year right? End of the year doesnt just mean December, except maybe to you I guess.

I was under the impression that Blizzard had said something about putting out more patches overall and lengthening the overall life of expansions. If they put out 7.4 and 7.5 before moving to 8.0, that should give them a lot more breathing room to work on the expansion. 8 more months of "fresh" content but maybe only 3 more months to the actual length of the expansion, leading to a shorter drought overall. If they could get the drought down to 10 months or less, I think there would be a lot more people who would stick it out for the whole time, rather than just letting their sub run out until the xpac hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    I was under the impression that Blizzard had said something about putting out more patches overall and lengthening the overall life of expansions. If they put out 7.4 and 7.5 before moving to 8.0, that should give them a lot more breathing room to work on the expansion. 8 more months of "fresh" content but maybe only 3 more months to the actual length of the expansion, leading to a shorter drought overall. If they could get the drought down to 10 months or less, I think there would be a lot more people who would stick it out for the whole time, rather than just letting their sub run out until the xpac hits.
    They said all sorts of nonsense, but most of that never happened. Maybe by more patches they ment staggering content patches and releasing it in chunks. After long expansions, if 8.0 gets revealed at Blizzcon it is gonna be the longest version of wow anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    If 7.3 wouldn't be Argus I'd agree but Argus is wrapping up the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    You have to take budgeting into account. Hosting an event like Blizzcon is fucking expensive - just the cost of renting out the convention center alone is a huge amount of money, along with paying for power, security, emergency crews, etc. Anything they can sell to offset that cost is going to be welcome, especially a PPV ticket. 200k is nothing to sneeze at, in terms of paying off the costs of the event. Sure, Blizzard could afford to take a loss on the whole thing, but why should they? Just so your sense of justice is fulfilled?
    Oh fucking hell, learn to read and understand. My comment was directed at someone who was arguing that an announce at Gamescom could whip up enthusiasm for Blizzcon and my entire point was that THEY DONT NEED TO because Blizzcon is already sold out and stuffed with people who are paying to come to a con all about Blizzard.

Take your nitpicking bullshit, fold it until it's all corners and....

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't know what projects he's actively working on currently besides Heroes (is there still development going on in SCII?), but he's worked on most Blizzard games at some point afaik. He's definitely worked on WoW and his warcraft concept art is in the Blizzard campus gallery/museum as well as in the art books that come with the expansion CEs.
    Yeah I assume he's on Heroes team and some new unannonced project.

I was surprised when people said he was WC Art Director, I do know he did tons of stuff for multiple Blizz franchises thou.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    looking at past blizzcons it will besomething like : lies , PR, savage land ! savage experience , more lies , even more lies ,even more PR - amazing raid content, some lies , more lies , more PR - patches/expansion faster then ever , more lieks , wow subs droped because players fluctuate with expansion not because our expansion was utter garbage , more lies .... end of blizzcon.