Thread: [FURY] Crit

[FURY] Crit

I've gone through the guides, but I don't see a listing of what a minimum crit level would be for the fury spec. Just hit ilvl 900 and I'm at 14%, don't have any set pieces yet and I know I'm not in that zone yet where I'm performing the rotation perfectly. So trying to determine what a reasonable crit level would be. Can I ignore it altogether in favor of haste/mastery even if crit dips to 10% or whatever? Or should I mix/match pieces to ensure I get at least 15-20% or somewhere therein.

EDIT: forgot to add that I was very fortunate in legendaries with the helm and pants.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Demolition999; 2017-07-13 at 06:08 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "minimum crit level". Crit is our lowest valued stat so we doing everything we can to avoid it. Unfortunately, due to tier (like having to use T20 gloves because our BiS legos are helm and legs) or just simply getting an ilvl upgrade that can't be passed up avoiding all crit is nearly impossible, but as little as you can have is the best amount. The stat itself has value just like any other stat for any other class does so it's not completely useless, but you definitely don't want to be looking for it.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    There is no "minimum crit level". Crit is our lowest valued stat so we doing everything we can to avoid it. Unfortunately, due to tier (like having to use T20 gloves because our BiS legos are helm and legs) or just simply getting an ilvl upgrade that can't be passed up avoiding all crit is nearly impossible, but as little as you can have is the best amount. The stat itself has value just like any other stat for any other class does so it's not completely useless, but you definitely don't want to be looking for it.
    Crit isn't necessarily the lowest value stat, it depends on specific gear. To answer OP crit is usually the worst stat so you should generally ignore it. However as you get gear your stat priorities will change. Mastery will almost always be your #2 and haste #1 but depending on your other pieces, leggos, and especially relics vers, haste, and crit will have different values. I've had crit as my #2 stat until i got better relics and leggos when i was switching from tank.

Long story short youll need to sim yourself to be sure if you really care that much while gearing, just like with any spec.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmanfred View Post
    Crit isn't necessarily the lowest value stat, it depends on specific gear. To answer OP crit is usually the worst stat so you should generally ignore it. However as you get gear your stat priorities will change. Mastery will almost always be your #2 and haste #1 but depending on your other pieces, leggos, and especially relics vers, haste, and crit will have different values. I've had crit as my #2 stat until i got better relics and leggos when i was switching from tank.

Long story short youll need to sim yourself to be sure if you really care that much while gearing, just like with any spec.
    There are very few cases if any where crit could come out to be better than any other stat. Even with the new lego pants. If there is a case that I'm not considering please feel free to present it.

And now, without DoS and T19 4pc, it's even rare for mastery to ever be better than haste. Occasionally sims will show mastery ahead at certain gear points but it's only because of haste breakpoints and if you even so much as dropped a couple haste gems for mastery it would easily swap right back to haste being better. It's pretty consistently Haste > Mastery > Vers > Crit.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-07-13 at 08:49 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

So I won't sweat it then. Just seemed strange to see my crit level sitting at 11%. Appreciate the replies.

10+ Year Old Account

Crit is definitely the lowest value stat.

While gearing up it doesn't really matter, you typically just want whatever best piece of gear you can get. Itemization will start playing a bigger part once you get to a more stable item level. That doesn't mean you won't want gear with Haste, but if a gigantic upgrade has something like Crit and Vers, then you'll want to go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Demolition999 View Post
    So I won't sweat it then. Just seemed strange to see my crit level sitting at 11%. Appreciate the replies.
    The only critical you should be ideally getting is from the 2 Fury artifact weapons.

But because of the shitty 4 set itemization, you will have crit on Gloves and Back for ToS anyway

Which is around 1k critical in and another 2k from the weapons, around 3k critical is the -ideal- cause you cant do much else about it

Now it depends which legendary you choose to wear, or wearing, therefor if you go Ceann+Valajar its another extra 850 crit, or the Soul of the Battlelord instead of pants for 770, so around 3.7-3.8k critical no matter what you do

Having more just means you dont have a good item for that particular slot hence your Critical Haste item is better than some other non-critical Haste item if the item level difference is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    There are very few cases if any where crit could come out to be better than any other stat. Even with the new lego pants. If there is a case that I'm not considering please feel free to present it.

And now, without DoS and T19 4pc, it's even rare for mastery to ever be better than haste. Occasionally sims will show mastery ahead at certain gear points but it's only because of haste breakpoints and if you even so much as dropped a couple haste gems for mastery it would easily swap right back to haste being better. It's pretty consistently Haste > Mastery > Vers > Crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Crit is definitely the lowest value stat.

While gearing up it doesn't really matter, you typically just want whatever best piece of gear you can get. Itemization will start playing a bigger part once you get to a more stable item level. That doesn't mean you won't want gear with Haste, but if a gigantic upgrade has something like Crit and Vers, then you'll want to go with that.

Its actually very early on crit can be your best stat... What im really trying to do is make a point to the OP to sim for true values, instead people letting fall into a cookie cutter mentality. Rrmember to sim agsin if you gry an upgrade.

From the sticky: https://i.gyazo.com/9d17d461a1b61fc8...528146a048.png

Then again i could be reading this wrong as its in the negative values
    Last edited by deadmanfred; 2017-07-14 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Its actually very early on crit can be your best stat... What im really trying to do is make a point to the OP to sim for true values, instead people letting fall into a cookie cutter mentality. Rrmember to sim agsin if you gry an upgrade.

I think that's the graph without Convergence. Crit does gain good value without it, thus playing without Convergence gives you the best balance between stats, as Archi mentions in the Guide. It's simply just not ideal to play without Convergence right now. The DPS comparison won't justify it and Conv does have a better opportunity value imo, when it comes to timing your bursts, lining things up (just as it can sometimes end up being weird once in a while)(imo).

They did say that there might/will be nerfs to it soon(ish - I guess 7.3?). Legendaries also play a part and they can switch things around. My two highest simming (within 2k of eachother) setups are Angry Hat/Rethu and Angry Hat/Battlelord's. Angry Hat/Rethu's values Haste > Mastery > Vers > Crit > Str, which is the usual way of how it looks (bar some numerical value differences from one person to another). However, Angry Hat/Battlelord's actually values Mastery > Vers > Haste >=Crit > Str for me right now. Archi said that Battlelord's can/will favor mastery, but yeah - I'm careful with this one.

The best answer, like others said, is to sim things yourself and go with the best values all that simming provides you or stick with Haste > Mastery > Vers > Crit, since it more often than not seems to be the most consistent/solid priority if you do not sim as much.

That graphed image shows losing 3k crit to be higher dps than losing 3k of any other stat. Crit isn't better at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    That graphed image shows losing 3k crit to be higher dps than losing 3k of any other stat. Crit isn't better at any level.
    Originoly I wrote the reply with arms in mind on accident, didnt wan to edit it completely, on my phone. But again the major point here is to sim for yourself, remembering to sim again with new gear.

For fury crit always comes last