Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    When will a "certain group" learn to just comply with police? Even if they are wrong, JUST COMPLY AND BE CALM. Then LATER sue or whatever if you were that wronged. Stop fighting them, you are never going to win. Chris Rocks video should honestly be required watching WEEKLY in public schools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrGP02DCx_Q

- - - Updated - - -

She resisted arrest. Of course in her story she did nothing wrong. Watch the Chris Rock video. If you do as he says you won't be punched.
    So, this certain group by which you mean black people, should have less access to their Constitutional rights...why exactly? Because some comedian makes a facetious argument about abdicating his rights to avoid physical harm?

Well, what about Anthony Promvongsa? He pulled over and seemed to fully comply and?

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/22...-traffic-stop/

Cop pulled him from the vehicle without even giving him a chance to unbuckle his seatbelt and used the seatbelt's resistance (it wasn't unbuckled, so it held the driver) as a sign of resistance to commit further harm.

Now, in that scenario, how in the hell does that man do anything different to avoid being harmed?

Moreover, the officer engages in a 4th Amendment violation by searching the car without probable cause (this is based on his own statement that he had only circumstantial evidence and did not obtain consent or a warrant).

There are literally thousands of instances like that where a person can do EVERYTHING as you say and still be subject to brutal physical detainment, arrest and potentially death.

Moreover, it doesn't answer the initial question of WHY should any US Citizen be asked to deny their rights? Why? Because police view black people as inherently "scary" and an imminent threat simply by being? (btw, that argument has been used successfully in court by officers, so it's not a troll. It's an actual legal argument)

So, I don't care what Chris Rock says. If being a US Citizen is to mean anything at all, every citizen must have FULL access to ALL of the rights and privileges granted under the various US and State Constitutions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You realize that there are hundreds of thousands of police officers in this country who have millions of interactions and tens of thousands of altercations with the public every single day, right? The fact that you can cherry pick a few exceptions to the otherwise amicable relationship police have with the public and use that as an argument against all police is laughable.

And your "they sometimes follow it" bullshit is even more disingenuous than anything I have said...
    You're being a shill for police.

I'm simply making the argument that your dismissal of policy improprieties all, but disqualifies you from actually making salient points on this topic.

Amicable relationship? Um...outside of small, rural towns, most police departments are forced to collect significant revenue in order for the municipality or county to continue to function (see Ferguson, MO).

You have zero evidence that there exists an "otherwise amicable relationship police have with the public".

There is evidence that the police enjoy majority support nationally, but to describe that as amicable? That's too far a stretch. Numbers are up in some demos, down in others. Here's data:
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/213869/co...l-average.aspx

You claimed an absolute. That's factually and provably incorrect. Even ONE example disproves your absolute statement that "And they follow it". Sorry, you're not Jack Nicholson, here (and he lost the argument, by the way).

I claim that they sometimes follow it. And that's true. It's demonstrably and provably true. Sometimes is nebulous enough that with example of all levels of complaince and non-complaince, sometimes seemed like the proper descriptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    So, this certain group by which you mean black people, should have less access to their Constitutional rights...why exactly? Because some comedian makes a facetious argument about abdicating his rights to avoid physical harm?

Well, what about Anthony Promvongsa? He pulled over and seemed to fully comply and?

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/22...-traffic-stop/

Cop pulled him from the vehicle without even giving him a chance to unbuckle his seatbelt and used the seatbelt's resistance (it wasn't unbuckled, so it held the driver) as a sign of resistance to commit further harm.

Now, in that scenario, how in the hell does that man do anything different to avoid being harmed?

Moreover, the officer engages in a 4th Amendment violation by searching the car without probable cause (this is based on his own statement that he had only circumstantial evidence and did not obtain consent or a warrant).

There are literally thousands of instances like that where a person can do EVERYTHING as you say and still be subject to brutal physical detainment, arrest and potentially death.

Moreover, it doesn't answer the initial question of WHY should any US Citizen be asked to deny their rights? Why? Because police view black people as inherently "scary" and an imminent threat simply by being? (btw, that argument has been used successfully in court by officers, so it's not a troll. It's an actual legal argument)

So, I don't care what Chris Rock says. If being a US Citizen is to mean anything at all, every citizen must have FULL access to ALL of the rights and privileges granted under the various US and State Constitutions.
    99.9% of the time if you are clam and comply you won't be roughed up. Maybe that odd time you look like the person they are after, you will be. Thats when you sue them with evidence and get a lot of money, as others have done.

Even if the police are wrong, just DO WHAT THEY SAY. Then, later, file a complaint, get a lawyer, seek out the person who taped it, etc. However, 99% of the time the person IS being rude, IS hostile, IS resisting, and got what was coming to them.

Where do you live? I would love to know. As someone who grew up in New York City (not near it, center of the damn city) black people often are "scary" or "threatening" I remember as a small child more then once black bums (you would call them homeless) harassing my mom for money as she was talking us to and from school for example. I watched black people smash in windows of cars and steal items out in broad daylight, or jump turn styles on subways, vandalize, etc. (This was in a NICE area of Manhattan) Black people are 12-13% of the US population yet commit far more crime per capita then any other group, there is a reason police go after them and approach with caution. How many videos can you find of an Asian man casing violent crime in the USA? Now how many can you find of a black man? There is a pattern.

Lucky by the late 90's people had had enough and started seeking leaders who would do something about it, and they did. Discrimination worked. That guy looks bad, lets search him. Oh look, he has a knife, drugs and a record, what a surprise.

It gets really old hearing about how racist we are in America from people in Europe, or from some person who lives in Salt Lake City, Utah. Spend a decade+ in New York City or Chicago, then get back to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    99.9% of the time if you are clam and comply you won't be roughed up. Maybe that odd time you look like the person they are after, you will be. Thats when you sue them with evidence and get a lot of money, as others have done.

Even if the police are wrong, just DO WHAT THEY SAY. Then, later, file a complaint, get a lawyer, seek out the person who taped it, etc. However, 99% of the time the person IS being rude, IS hostile, IS resisting, and got what was coming to them.

Where do you live? I would love to know. As someone who grew up in New York City (not near it, center of the damn city) black people often are "scary" or "threatening" I remember as a small child more then once black bums (you would call them homeless) harassing my mom for money as she was talking us to and from school for example. I watched black people smash in windows of cars and steal items out in broad daylight, or jump turn styles on subways, vandalize, etc. (This was in a NICE area of Manhattan) Black people are 12-13% of the US population yet commit far more crime per capita then any other group, there is a reason police go after them and approach with caution. How many videos can you find of an Asian man casing violent crime in the USA? Now how many can you find of a black man? There is a pattern.

Lucky by the late 90's people had had enough and started seeking leaders who would do something about it, and they did. Discrimination worked. That guy looks bad, lets search him. Oh look, he has a knife, drugs and a record, what a surprise.

It gets really old hearing about how racist we are in America from people in Europe, or from some person who lives in Salt Lake City, Utah. Spend a decade+ in New York City or Chicago, then get back to me.

You need to get out of the city because those scary black people aren't going away, coward. You realize that you are advocating for the loss of rights because of your cowardice. Do not call yourself an American, Americans value the constitution and are brave.

Land of the free, home of the brave.

Not land of the police state, home of the cowards.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2017-07-17 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You need to get out of the city because those scary black people aren't going away, coward. You realize that you are advocating for the loss of rights because of your cowardice. Do not call yourself an American, Americans value the constitution and are brave.

Land of the free, home of the brave.

Not land of the police state, home of the cowards.
    HAHAHAHA

Just as I said, I mean like it couldn't be more perfect. A guy from Kansas telling me about races other then white. Kansas city has less people and less diversity than two square miles of Manhattan. Have you even encountered ghetto people? I'm not talking about the one nice black guy who lives in your small Kansas town and is just like all the white people there. Seriously, move out of Kansas then get an opinion?

Where did I say I personally was scared of them? last black guy who started with me (tried to shove me out of the way to get on the subway first) landed on his back. I simply understand why police go after them, because to people who won't (or can't) stand up for themselves, a lot of them are scary, or threatening.

But its ok. Stay on your farm in Kansas, listen to the liberal media and just believe whatever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    If you're a citizen, that's something you shouldn't be screaming about a cop.
    Yes you should, if they are corrupt and are trying to kill you.

Which was exactly what happened in this case.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yes you should, if they are corrupt and are trying to kill you.

Which was exactly what happened in this case.
    If three armed police officers were trying to kill this girl, she would be dead.

Please use common sense.

Sorry dood, but I'm mixed including being part black. MOST of my family is black or mixed. So you telling me about black people sounds awfully like Cliven Bundy to me.

Beyond that, this racist tripe deserves no more acknowledgment.

She resisted arrest. Of course in her story she did nothing wrong. Watch the Chris Rock video. If you do as he says you won't be punched.
    They had no right to arrest her in the first place unless she did attack the officers. This is why I advocate body cams because unfortunately it's only in side's word vs another. One side, however, ended in crutches.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes she was well within her rights to deny the search... And the police well within their rights to briefly detain her at that point because it was a manhunt, they were in close proximity to the area of the crime, the suspect was believed to be armed, and she matched the (lackluster) description they had at the time.
    Yes, that first part already gives her the upper hand. Did the police make an attempt to detain her? Did they at least ask for identification? They didn't ask her name until she was in their car, hell too much of this simply doesn't make sense on the officers part. I mean...what made them believe she was armed? Having a backpack?

It didn't get that far though because she fucking attacked the officers, something she has absolutely no right to do whatsoever and they defended themselves and used enough force necessary to restrain her... Which was a lot mind you, they even had to lock her in leg cuffs because she was kicking them even when her arms were restrained.
    Hey, if she went crazy on them then the officers were in the right to subdue her with whatever means necessary. However, evidence is lacking and hopefully that situation is being investigated without bias.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

#ReverseTrapLife

The cops are also shite at estimating weight and height it seems. Who can blame them though, your measuremnt system is too complicated for your average cop .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Did the police make an attempt to detain her?
    Yes and when the first officer approached her to do just that, she knocked him to the ground and straddled him.

Did they at least ask for identification?
    Didn't get a chance because she attacked them.

They didn't ask her name until she was in their car, hell too much of this simply doesn't make sense on the officers part.
    Didn't get a chance because she attacked them.

I mean...what made them believe she was armed? Having a backpack?
    The fact that they were participating in a manhunt for someone who was armed and dangerous and she matched the (limited) description they had of the suspect at the time.

Hey, if she went crazy on them then the officers were in the right to subdue her with whatever means necessary. However, evidence is lacking and hopefully that situation is being investigated without bias.
    Well we already know the NAACP is conducting their own "investigation" that is absolutely 100% unabashedly biased in every conceivable way... So much so that they have already released what is tantamount to a propaganda video that makes what are already known to be overt lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allegedly is the word some of you are looking for, but at least you're not biased like the NAACP.

The description they had was black male, white shit, pink backpack. They found a black female with a white shirt and a red and black backpack. 1 out of 3 is pretty good. I think that's even good enough for a trophy these days, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Olderrelated story that is much worse. The kid is permanently scarred pretty badly.

7+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHA

Just as I said, I mean like it couldn't be more perfect. A guy from Kansas telling me about races other then white. Kansas city has less people and less diversity than two square miles of Manhattan. Have you even encountered ghetto people? I'm not talking about the one nice black guy who lives in your small Kansas town and is just like all the white people there. Seriously, move out of Kansas then get an opinion?

Where did I say I personally was scared of them? last black guy who started with me (tried to shove me out of the way to get on the subway first) landed on his back. I simply understand why police go after them, because to people who won't (or can't) stand up for themselves, a lot of them are scary, or threatening.

But its ok. Stay on your farm in Kansas, listen to the liberal media and just believe whatever you like.

My brother lives in NYC. I visit him a lot. He's not scared of scary black people.
    You also don't know where I work. I work in an area that is much higher black population than the rest of the city. I don't fear them.

All you're doing is proving yourself to be an unamerican coward.

Keep it up, coward. Those scary black people aren't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    She does look a little mannish. Granted she is way off from 5'10".

Still though, what with all these people claiming they said they can't breathe. If you can say you can't breathe, guess what you can do, breathe.
    You can still speak when you get your breath pressed out of you with a weight on your back, being able to speak does not mean that you are in no danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Allegedly is the word some of you are looking for, but at least you're not biased like the NAACP.

The description they had was black male, white shit, pink backpack. They found a black female with a white shirt and a red and black backpack. 1 out of 3 is pretty good. I think that's even good enough for a trophy these days, right?
    Female with more masculine features than feminine ones, makes it much harder to identify someone's sex. Also, comparing red to pink is just silly. Pink is literally just a different tint of red. At a distance or based on how faded it is, they would look identical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    True, since they are the authority figures and civil servants. I believe the best way to do this without even changing much would just be a sweeping body and dash cam requirement. If the cam becomes inoperable, barring proven damage during an encounter(video feed up til the point), the officer and the state become liable. Malfunction is not acceptable as daily maintenance + backup cam should be required.
    You are right, I cant understand the amount of resistance amongst police against bodycams. The only ones loosing on it will be crooked cops, the cameras will protect the good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    You are right, I cant understand the amount of resistance amongst police against bodycams. The only ones loosing on it will be crooked cops, the cameras will protect the good ones.
    Exactly. There have also been a few times were officers were afraid of the blow back if they used force when it was actually needed.
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/chicago-...eaten/1543015/

As long as they do their job with the video evidence, there should be no fear from either party.