My pitch for a reality show

Cop Swap.

The title rhymes so it's catchy.

Each episode involves a precinct of cops from other areas in the world being swapped with US police precincts. You could have a precinct of Dutch cops move to the US for a month and replace a precinct of US cops who'd move to Denmark for a month.

Imagine the Danish cops arriving at Oak Park the worst neighbor in Chicago where over 4,000 shootings happened last year. Imagine the US cops trying to catch bicycle riders in Denmark.

But it could be anywhere in the US, like rural Appalachia or where a bunch of Amish live.

Lot's of "lost in translation" stuff. Lot's of dealing with new and unexpected situations.

It would be restricted to Europe we could swap Japanese cops with US cops for example.

What do you think?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Cop Swap.

The title rhymes so it's catchy.

Each episode involves a precinct of cops from other areas in the world being swapped with US police precincts. You could have a precinct of Dutch cops move to the US for a month and replace a precinct of US cops who'd move to Denmark for a month.

Imagine the Danish cops arriving at Oak Park the worst neighbor in Chicago where over 4,000 shootings happened last year. Imagine the US cops trying to catch bicycle riders in Denmark.

But it could be anywhere in the US, like rural Appalachia or where a bunch of Amish live.

Lot's of "lost in translation" stuff. Lot's of dealing with new and unexpected situations.

It would be restricted to Europe we could swap Japanese cops with US cops for example.

What do you think?
    What happens when the European cops are shot and/or killed?

Way to dangerous i would think. These cops aren't used to the place they get to (which is obviously part of what would make it interesting) but with something as risky as policing people will die because of it, and that's just not acceptable.

www.explosm.net

Quote Originally Posted by joranjopie View Post
    Way to dangerous i would think. These cops aren't used to the place they get to (which is obviously part of what would make it interesting) but with something as risky as policing people will die because of it, and that's just not acceptable.
    Yeah, a whole precinct isn't practical. Maybe just 4 cops from each country? Maybe even partner them with a local?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I'd watch it.

There was a sort of similar thing I remember seeing but instead of police they took UK paramedics to Mexico and Africa, was pretty interesting.

Edit: Found it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toughest_Place_to_be_a... I'm surprised the police aren't on there, though I guess there are a wider variety of training hazards involved.
    Last edited by mmoca0dbd288a6; 2017-07-14 at 08:44 PM.

I think having them follow a local cop as a "ghost" or intern would be fine, but not left alone since they aren't charged by the state/community. You can't have a foreign agent being in charge of delivering justice in another country. Foreign cops don't have jurisdiction over Americans and anyone who got a ticket/touched by a foreign cop could sue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Imagine the Danish cops arriving at Oak Park the worst neighbor in Chicago
    It terrifies me just a little bit knowing that I grew up in Oak Park, it was shitty then, and it's still shitty now.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

it wouldn't work... different countries have different laws and different policing. it would most likely end up a legal mess and several participants would probably end up in trouble(as in possible jail time)

it would have to be mock up scenarios where they compete against eachother for the best outcome or something like that.
    Last edited by Lex Icon; 2017-07-14 at 09:07 PM.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.