Thread: Where's Thrall?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's barely been really relevant in the scheme of things since maybe Mist. He isn't a Mary sue.
    Yeah, yeah, he totally isn't, bro. Yeah...

OK, I got educated today. There is a fanboi tier below Rottentits. Some folks actually go for Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Shamans use the elements to kill shit all the time. Fro someone as important as Thrall was, it makes no sense that only he has the pacifist elements that are offended for killing a genocidal orc, that loves fucking up elements with dark shamans.
    He wnet full Dark Shaman there. He forced them to obey his call instead of asking. So they now dont even pick up the phone. No one like bullies.

He'll be back to killsteal the final boss on us, don't worry.

Maybe the old gods want him. At some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He's probably just hanging around. Hopefully on some tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He's probably just hanging around. Hopefully on some tree.
    It got dark all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    Last I heard Thrall was living out of a van down by the river.
    This made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Pushing through his doubt wont do anything, cus he pushed through it in cataclysm and look where he is.
    A shaman enforces balance upon the elements either through force or by soothing their rage.

If the shaman himself is unbalanced then they won't be able to do so.

The doomhammer has nothing to do with it outside of being a powerful totemic nor does Thrall's use of elemental power in killing Garry.

What matters is he killed Garry, an orc he wanted to be like a brother to him if not a son. Thrall knew he was a dick but he still harbors deep seated doubts and anger over the whole thing and needs to resolve those issues within himself before he can reclaim his title of world shaman.

He is currently placeholding for a plot thread that was most likely canned!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    After he used the elements to slay Garrosh on Draenor, the elements no longer obeyed his call as a shaman. During the Broken Shore initial invasion, Thrall was extremely weak and after at the Maelstrom, he was beaten again. He gave up the Doomhammer to the heroes of Azeroth because he felt like he could no longer protect the world.

Also Metzen retired, so his voice actor retired too.
    He leaves on a soul searching quest, and to spend time with his family... just as metzen retires to do just that? Spend more time with his family? Nah, this is some bullshit ego-stroking on metzens part here.

Thrall needs to come back, and big time. The horde has lost all sense of identity from cataclysm going forward and I'm just baffled, the Alliance churns out hero after hero and getting tighter and tighter as a faction, meanwhile the horde is literally falling to pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Thrall needs to come back, and big time. The horde has lost all sense of identity from cataclysm going forward and I'm just baffled, the Alliance churns out hero after hero and getting tighter and tighter as a faction, meanwhile the horde is literally falling to pieces.
    Does it? Funny how it doesn't seem to make it any more successful Theramore doesn't seem any less final-solutioned for all Varian's decorum. Ashenvale is still in flames any time I go there, Gilneas is still a green ruin. So for all the big mouth talk from Bliz about Alliance being "a juggernaut", it's anything but. In case of doubt: juggernaut is something that is moving and the movement is unstoppable. Alliance isn't moving anywhere since Cata if ever at all.

The Horde has the obvious problem: some Hordies are not sociopaths. Can you imagine how many non-autistic belf RPers were actually thrilled by prince-regent's idea to seriously talk with Varian about Silvermoon's place when Garry started going full Adolf Garithos? Of course horde has serious identity crisis.

The "more complex and more humane" face of the Horde had the fundamental problem of being mostly alien to post-WC3 creators and fans. In WC3 you play all sides, sort-of including the Legion (by proxy - the Scourge). Thus the reluctant anti-heroes make a lot of sense even as former alien invaders. In WoW, marred since its inception by the whole AvH idiocy, Thrall had to become something dodgy AF, because a post-Hyjal world with that level of hostilities simply had no place for him or for WC3-Jaina. Thus one went Mary Sue up to eleven, the other is very consistently getting set up as a raid boss.

It would be cool to see a Horde actually trying to settle in the world, going more tauren/troll. You know, savage, edgy and shit but actually mostly sane. Ain't gonna happen though. Again, partially it's due to the whole concept: shamanistic tribes are nomads and the best embodiment of that in the game is actually the Centaur; settling always changes that.

God, do people not get what a Mary Sue is? Or do they basically spew shit others say? For Thrall for a start it would be "Marty Stu".
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition
    A Mary Sue (if female) or Marty Stu (if male) is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character. Often this character is recognized as an author insert or wish fulfillment.[1] Sometimes the name is reserved only for women.
    If he was a Marty Stu, then geez he is the worse Marty Stu going, the dude fucked up left and right that caused people to hate him, not to mention try and kill his ass too. The humans say Hi from the Dark Portal. There was numerous of things happening because of what he did. The biggest is denying a return to the Horde and passing the Warchief mantle to Garrosh. Even when he rised to power the Dragon Soul, you had to reel his arse in from the elemental camps as he lost his fucking cool and went into a massive downward spiral. Where is that being perfection?

I don't see Garrosh saying he idealised him when they were beating the crap out of each other in AU Draenor. Also Thrall killed Garrosh. The whole espade is an automatic loss of a Marty Stu title because they are meant to be perfection and adored by all and I seriously doubt killing someone to not face their crimes is something on that pedestal.
    Heck, even before things like the Battle of Undercity... Thrall sent Kor'kron to Undercity after Mr. Dreadlord went bananas in there with Putress - I seriously doubt Sylvanas loved him for that too.

Thrall was shelved because Metzen retired, they probably made it so Thrall went back with Aggra to raise their children. Metzen has other roles too and said he would come back to voice Thrall when needed. But Varian is dead now so I doubt they will need Metzen for that role anymore.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-18 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall went home to be a family man.

/spit

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Yeah, yeah, he totally isn't, bro. Yeah...

OK, I got educated today. There is a fanboi tier below Rottentits. Some folks actually go for Thrall
    If Thrall is a Mary Sue then Illidan is Margaret Susan or whatever a higher version of Mary Sue could be called combined with an edgelord.

Deleted
    I don't understand why the elements abandoned him. Shamans have used them to kill stuff all the time, how was this different? Furthermore didn't Draenor have its own elements, what do they have to do with the elements of Azeroth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If Thrall is a Mary Sue then Illidan is Margaret Susan or whatever a higher version of Mary Sue could be called combined with an edgelord.
    More of a Sarah Kerrigansue but pretty much agreed. I take it as your agreement about Thrall being a blatant and sleepy-boring Mary Sue (since that's what you get on opposite side from edgelords).