Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What awful about garrisons was it was completely antisocial. This is an MMORPG. You are supposed to be playing with other people. Garrisons shouldn't exist. If you want that, great, but play another game.
    I never understood this myself. I had more interaction with people in my garrison than I do in any city. In cities I see people mostly just standing around doing a lot of nothing, the only time I ever saw interaction was on RP servers. Order halls are more anti social than garrisons were. In order halls I have literally zero interaction with people. The best you get is Warlocks and DH doing that demon kill thing.

People went outside the garrison for PvP duels if they didn't just go outside Org for it. People often called out dropping a blingtron just outside the garrison for everyone to use. Garrisons had invasions and bosses that required grouping. I had a couple friends who would come see my garrison or I would go to theirs to see the statues they had set up, to see their followers walking around.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we ever have ships, I hope it's with some customizable things. Also, individual, or even faction-related, because guild halls/housing is laaaame.

Deleted
    If we ever get a sea-based expansion, I want a battleship we can actually steer ourselves in naval combat. A sea battle between warships would even make an awesome raid encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    If we ever get a sea-based expansion, I want a battleship we can actually steer ourselves in naval combat. A sea battle between warships would even make an awesome raid encounter.
    That sounds amazing to me, but I think about how much hate people had for the end of Oculas and I worry how well something like that would be taken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    That sounds amazing to me, but I think about how much hate people had for the end of Oculas and I worry how well something like that would be taken.
    The only ones who hated vehicle fights were...

1) people who were too dumb to figure out how four buttons work, and
    2) people who relied on a retarded number of UI addons that bugged during vehicle fights

Personally, I found driving siege weaponry especially in PvP to be awesome. It added a feeling of proper warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    There was an old dreamcast/GameCube game, Skies of Arcadia, they had a really cool implementation of naval fight... when I dream of ship battles in WoW, that's the way I see them.

Real quickly and trying to remember 15 years ago, each round you had X amount of actions, for one round you'd do fire cannon, fire cannon, repair, have crew member do something for ship. Could work like that, maybe more depth, maybe that's not possible in WoW.