Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy paladin trinket help

Since i got no help in the holy thread ill make a solo one here,
    I have 970 velens, 925 chalice of moonlight, 916 sea star, and 900 DMC:hellfire, i cannot seem to find the best possible combo, obviously ill be using velens as its one of my two legendaries, but the 2nd option is up in the air any help would be great!

velens and sea star.
    chalice is bad.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Velens and Sea Star.

Chalice is decent during the day when it gives crit, but otherwise not really, and Sea Star just does so much healing.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    Since i got no help in the holy thread ill make a solo one here,
    I have 970 velens, 925 chalice of moonlight, 916 sea star, and 900 DMC:hellfire, i cannot seem to find the best possible combo, obviously ill be using velens as its one of my two legendaries, but the 2nd option is up in the air any help would be great!
    Honestly and this is not meant to offend you or anyone else, but if you're coming to a forum to ask it really doesn't matter. The only time that complete optimization matters is to those who are doing cutting edge content, and those people already know how to figure that out on their own. With that being said, just use what you enjoy.

To answer the question however:
    1) Velens
    2) 915*? Sea Star
    3) DMC: Hellfire
    4) Disenchant / Sell Chalice of Moonlight it's garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    since this is up near the top i'll ask a trinket question too

how good is barbaric mindslaver? it's literally all i have (my 2nd is Velen's) and i need to know if i should be bonus rolling for trinkets or focusing on tier / other pieces if this trinket is decent
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    since this is up near the top i'll ask a trinket question too

how good is barbaric mindslaver? it's literally all i have (my 2nd is Velen's) and i need to know if i should be bonus rolling for trinkets or focusing on tier / other pieces if this trinket is decent
    Overall it's so-so. It's not terrible but it's not great. Sea Star, DGD and DMC are all better however so bonus rolling isn't a bad idea. Especially from Mistress where our BiS tier legs come from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Overall it's so-so. It's not terrible but it's not great. Sea Star, DGD and DMC are all better however so bonus rolling isn't a bad idea. Especially from Mistress where our BiS tier legs come from.
    thanks for the heads-up, icy veins literally says "we're not going to provide bis or trinket rankings" so i had no idea where to look tbh
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    thanks for the heads-up, icy veins literally says "we're not going to provide bis or trinket rankings" so i had no idea where to look tbh

Icy Veins is really starting to lose credibility lately. Plus with titanforge being as rampant as it is, it's impossible to make a true BiS list. It would be more beneficial if you started looking at logs and analyzing it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Honestly and this is not meant to offend you or anyone else, but if you're coming to a forum to ask it really doesn't matter. The only time that complete optimization matters is to those who are doing cutting edge content, and those people already know how to figure that out on their own. With that being said, just use what you enjoy.

To answer the question however:
    1) Velens
    2) 915*? Sea Star
    3) DMC: Hellfire
    4) Disenchant / Sell Chalice of Moonlight it's garbage.
    Actually? You might want to swap the first two (at least that's how the spreadsheet ranks them for my char). The star is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Actually? You might want to swap the first two (at least that's how the spreadsheet ranks them for my char). The star is that good.
    You are true. I listed it before Sea Star since he said he only had 2 legendaries.

Sea Star is amazing for paladins because of the artifact chance giving ~25% for LoD to duplicate. Thus, it procs quite often for paladins and they can spam LoD on CD without mana fears.

Sea star is indeed OP as fk for the HPS meter. Its only healing the nearest injured player though so its not the most useful unless you happen to be standing in the right place at the right time.

I use the legendary trinket and archive. Archive is just too damned convenient. It's nice to have a free large directed heal now and then. And with high crit that 2.8 mil is hardly ever 2.8. If I manage to loot a high ilevel sea star I'll probably switch.

7+ Year Old Account
    But you are a holy paladin. Large directed heals is literally your bread and butter. The only redeeming features of the archive to me is that its a crit stick and mana efficient. But we are also super efficient so... yea. Just my 2c but archive is lackluster at best.

@OP - Seastar is near manditory for us and then velens or hellfire if u have different/better leggo options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjavitis View Post
    I use the legendary trinket and archive. Archive is just too damned convenient. It's nice to have a free large directed heal now and then. And with high crit that 2.8 mil is hardly ever 2.8. If I manage to loot a high ilevel sea star I'll probably switch.
    lfr sea star is better than any non sea star trinket excluding ~945+ perfectly utilized archive/dgd

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    lfr sea star is better than any non sea star trinket excluding ~945+ perfectly utilized archive/dgd
    I'm competing with 2 shamans and a resto druid. I already have a lot of over healing, Sea star will only give me more. I'm not arguing the archive is better than anything, I'm just saying in my current situation it's more beneficial to me than the sea star.

Deleted
    sea star will snipe all their healing and none of yours
    if your point of view is one of competition with your team then sea star is hyper bis

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    sea star will snipe all their healing and none of yours
    if your point of view is one of competition with your team then sea star is hyper bis
    I'm not exactly under-performing, it's just taking me a lot of work to keep up. When it comes to smart heal mechanics I'm reminded of when blizzard nerfed it back towards the end of MoP/beginning of WoD and changed it from healing the most injured ally to healing an injured ally regardless of missing hp. Like I said, I'm not ruling it out, I'm just not prioritizing it's acquisition. When I'm no longer trying to upgrade other slots, I'll start bonus rolling for it, or I'll try to get it when other raid members don't need it. I don't doubt it's greatness, it's just that archive is working really really well for me in many situations.