Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

TW: Black Temple raid

hi - I won't get to see the place till weekend so I was thinking lets have a thread to put all info about the place.

my biggest question is how is the difficulty looking? In general and on specific bosses.
    I read that this place was tuned slightly below normal mode raids - is this still valid?
    On top of that are there any particular bosses with wacky tuning?
    Since we are planning to go in with whole guild not just our raiding team are there any bosses requiring more coordination/personal responsibility?
    lastly - how long does it take to clear the place?

The trash is more difficult than the bosses by a decent amount, with guild group every boss was 1 shot except we wiped once cause we pulled Reliquary of Souls while still fighting bunch of trash, be careful that boss pulls from super far away, like halfway down the towards him.

The place can take around 60-90 minutes mostly because of the amount of trash you have to kill, most bosses die in 2 minutes or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ilvl do you need for that place?

is everyones ilvl set to the same lvl liek in al TWing ? so gear doesnt matter outside of set bonuses ? (do those still function ?)

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see loot we will actually use (assuming TF)? What about the blindfold from Illidan - would it help us find Illidan? In KJ fight? He is half-demon afterall.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Yes, everyone is set to the same ilvl just like the current TW system. You can, however, pull ahead of the pack by using socketed gear and certain trinkets. I built a TW twink set from gear that drops in ToT and SoO due to the amount of sockets. Sockets, MoP legendary helm gem, MoP legendary cloak, 715 epic version of the ring from WoD questline, ring from Exalted with the Ashen Verdict, and various trinkets wreck TW content.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    hi - I won't get to see the place till weekend so I was thinking lets have a thread to put all info about the place.

my biggest question is how is the difficulty looking? In general and on specific bosses.
    I read that this place was tuned slightly below normal mode raids - is this still valid?
    On top of that are there any particular bosses with wacky tuning?
    Since we are planning to go in with whole guild not just our raiding team are there any bosses requiring more coordination/personal responsibility?
    lastly - how long does it take to clear the place?
    its piss easy , the only boss which really requires mechanics is illidan in p2 and 3 rest is joke. maaaaybe reliquary can be tricky if people start boss while still doin trash

Do you guys know if the BT raid will be available with future BC timewalking events or if it's a one-time deal like the 10 year anniversary Molten Core?

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Do you guys know if the BT raid will be available with future BC timewalking events or if it's a one-time deal like the 10 year anniversary Molten Core?
    During every BC TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Every BC timewalking.

Deleted
    As this is a raid, can anyone confirm if its a one and done thing for each character? You can run multiple TW dungeons I believe, but once I have completed it on, say, my paladin, can I go back into it and have another chance for loot?

I think I might know the answer from a common sense perspective as its a raid, but like the OP, I wont be able to do this until the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Offset gear with decent stat will be good. The trinkets are not at all bad. Skull of Gul'dan is on use haste for casters on 2min which is a solid burst trinket for many casters. Memento of Tyrande should be decent for mana efficiency. Madness of the Betrayer probably will be worse than a Crit stat stick though and Shadowmoon Trinket is just boring.
    Skull of Gul'dan really isn't that good. For comparison ... the melee trinket from Cath is similar (main stat + one use haste). My DK has a 920 version and its similar haste as the Gul'dan trinket you'd get, but its an 80 second CD while Gul'dan is 2 minutes.

Memento would be interesting if it scales well and has a high proc chance. Anyone know what the proc is at ilvl 900?

They need to make this LFR too....

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They need to make this LFR too....
    I'm surprised that they set it so low in terms of tuning (ain't nothing can be done about simplistic mechanics tho) seeing as they're adamant it'll be a manual group feature...

Just pugged this. Start to council, 1 wipe on Supremus. Took 2 hours. Number wise the tuning is your regular joke timewalking but mechanics are valid and can wipe you.

Now on Illidan, we wiped for about an hour because people had a hard time with parasites. Then people started leaving to the point where we would have liked to get more people but here's the twist, you can't list from inside the instance, you need to leave the instance group, get more people and queue again. But right now the queuing is bugged so multiple saved people can't queue again together, only a a leader with a cd and everyone else must be fresh. I assume they will fix this eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It tracks demons, like the hunter tracking.

Offset gear with decent stat will be good. The trinkets are not at all bad. Skull of Gul'dan is on use haste for casters on 2min which is a solid burst trinket for many casters. Memento of Tyrande should be decent for mana efficiency. Madness of the Betrayer probably will be worse than a Crit stat stick though and Shadowmoon Trinket is just boring.
    So the answer is no. In KJ fight he is a "humanoid" for tracking, not a demon.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The only problem really is that Illidan's demon form still seems to be designed for a ranged tank... but there's no way for them to gain agro.

It's not bad at all as long as 2 requirements are met: (1) you aren't there with complete idiots, and (2) treat it like TW and not LFR. I went with a full pug group, and I was in there forever, easily double the amount of time it should take. Part of that reason is because when I did it the raid ID lockout was like old raids and I'm not sure if thats been fixed yet, but at the time I did it, if you killed any boss you were then locked and unable to do it later. The place also scales based on the amount of people you have, so if you lose people it's not going to hurt your chances of clearing. Back to my 2 points, it comes down to this:
    1). Don't be stupid. Let your tanks pull trash and don't pull extra for them as the trash is more dangerous than almost every boss. Watch for the patrols to keep from face pulling. Know which mechanics you need to get out of. If you have a raid leader that states "stack" or "get away from the boss" then do it.
    2). It's not LFR. Mechanics on bosses should be followed (the few there are). Unlike LFR, when Supremus drops volcanos, you can't stand in them for 3-10 ticks and be okay, you need to move asap. Same thing with Illidans demon form, melee need to get away and avoid the pulse damage. Trash is also very dangerous, stuns and interrupts on mobs you can do that to helps a lot, even though not entirely necessary.

Deleted
    Only two tricky bosses from my pug experience: Reliquary of Souls and Illidan.

Reliquary because: we wiped two times because impatient people pulled the boss before we killed the trash. Do not go down the ramp without whole raid or you're guaranteed to keep getting trash once you engage the boss and keep in mind that first soul prevents you from healing your raid, so it's pretty much a wipe if you get unnecessary trash. Also, during first boss fight if you're not quick enough, you'll wipe.

Illidan: If you do not do tactics properly, you won't kill him. First phase is easy. Once you get him to 65% he'll spawn glaives. What we did was, we all (except one tank) stacked on one of the glaives and moved around it a bit when that elemental spawned fire. We popped BL at this point. One important thing to remember is that everyone needs to be close to elemental or else he'll charge distant player and wipe you and also you need to kill him near the glaive while moving out of the fire he spawns.

After that phase and until you down him to 50% it's tank and spank. At 50% he goes into Demon Form. He'll go into Demon Form two times during the fight. This is where we had most of the problems. Firstly, you need to be spread a bit. Not much, but don't be stacked. Secondly, we had two people go very far away so that they're the only ones getting hit with the Shadow Blast and in that way preventing a wipe that would occur. Illidan will still be doing a decent aoe attack on your raid, but it's healable. You should use your defensive cds at this point. For some reason, my fps rate would go down when he did that aoe attack and making my game freeze for a moment. The most important thing in this phase is that you need to focus the adds he spawns, not that much him. Adds will stun targeted players and if they reach them, they'll instantly kill them. So you need to prevent this. If you do this phase without many deaths it's pretty much the kill for you, although you'll need to go trough this phase one more time near the end.

Free 900 loot.
    Last edited by Softbottom; 2017-07-13 at 07:12 PM.