Combat Potency Questions

Hey!
    I've been wondering this for a while but I don't think combat potency gives us the energy if the auto attack or main guache attack misses. Which is some BullShirt b/c i'm pretty sure Oultaw, unlike Combat, can miss with their offhand... fairly often actually. A lot actually. Some swordsman.

This combined with the fact that combat potency just doesn't give us enough energy at all is what I think creates these very painful moments of energy starve with Outlaw. Combine that with moments when Saber Slash doesn't proc and only gives us 1 combo point and it's super painful to play.
    I don't run into these issues when using SnD, Sword master, and Alacrity but we all know that that build sucks for DPS, or so I've heard.

Fck RtB, at least you can reroll that. But THIS, this is the worst form of RNG outlaw has. You could be sitting there with no energy or combo points because
    1. Combat Potency is not procing or just not giving enough energy
    2. Your off hand attacks are missing so it can't proc
    3. Saber slash is giving you 1 cp when you need 6 to be useful
    4 . All 3 are happening.

Is this why Sub is beating us even on AoE? Not my AoE blizzard, it's all i want. Ranting aside i had some questions,

A. Would making our off hand attacks not miss solve this?
    B. Would Increasing the energy gain from combat potency solve this?
    C. How do you guys deal with the energy starve periods that happen with outlaw when you play the spec?
    D. Is SnD good at all in Mythic+ because I don't have these issues as much with it. (all i use outlaw for is Mythic+)

Thank you, Please don't bash me because I want outlaw to be good at least for dungeons. Have a nice day.

Deleted
    http:/ / imgur. com/a/ hlBfp

Actually, I have just done my latest simulation. And as you can see here SnD does great in Single and M+.

But I agree Outlaw is in a bad spot right now. The sad thing is I felt stronger before the patch with restless blades. It is so sad to not have 6 rolls anymore.

I know it's kinda dumb but I've never trusted sims. Ever.

And I actually think restless blades is a great addition. But they over nerfed AR and still haven't addressed the real issues with the spec, and because of all the QQ about RtB they may never. RtB is a problem yes, but the spec has way to many other smaller issues that stack up to make it weak. Not to mention terribly undertuned damage atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad101 View Post
    I know it's kinda dumb but I've never trusted sims. Ever.

And I actually think restless blades is a great addition. But they over nerfed AR and still haven't addressed the real issues with the spec, and because of all the QQ about RtB they may never. RtB is a problem yes, but the spec has way to many other smaller issues that stack up to make it weak. Not to mention terribly undertuned damage atm.
    The AR change, imo, was the worst change outlaw/combat has ever gotten since the removal of armor penetration in cata (though that obviously affected other classes). It was a defining ability of the spec that yes was spammy, but at the same time exhilarating and thematically fit combat/outlaw very well. Now I feel it's kinda lost it's luster, and I really feel that AR only got this change to justify using pistol shot procs during AR, which was also a strange design decision because outlaw/combat should be the last spec to ever get a free proc at least imo.

People have always knocked Outlaw/Combat for being a simple spec. But really how complex can swordsmanship be? It literally involves slashing, thrusting, parrying, and taking advantage of openings.

So I completely agree. AR was our best and most fun ability for the longest time and it's bullshirt that it's been OVER Nerfed to shirt this expansion. Who beyond the top raiders (who don't even use the damn spec) and simcrafters actually gave a shirt that you "wasted" some energy during AR. Like wtf. Outlaw's energy problems are imo the biggest issue with the spec both play style wise and damage wise and the Nerf to AR just made it worse.

Deleted
    I'm not that sad about the spec, but I would love to have a stronger tier set. It sims and performs so weak for me ... to the point of running the old set.

The second thing I don't understand is how weak they left Outlaw for pvp. They have compared to other specs and classes only "meh" pvp talents and are like never run in higher brackets. It is pure neglect really. For example they *should* have buffed Control is King by letting it last longer, since they nerved the effect. But no one at Blizzard cares for the spec (or maybe for pvp in general).

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    The AR change, imo, was the worst change outlaw/combat has ever gotten since the removal of armor penetration in cata (though that obviously affected other classes). It was a defining ability of the spec that yes was spammy, but at the same time exhilarating and thematically fit combat/outlaw very well. Now I feel it's kinda lost it's luster, and I really feel that AR only got this change to justify using pistol shot procs during AR, which was also a strange design decision because outlaw/combat should be the last spec to ever get a free proc at least imo.
    Yeah all the energy changes were done to justify using free pistol shot procs. Pistol shot procs are simply weaksauce.