Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I think that's the point.
    The point being that it's more a focus on what we think is ok for others to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also bad just on the basis that a lot of these things could be morally fine or outright heinous depending on all the other supporting factors.

Like the "I'mma kill 2 puppies" question: If she had these puppies dumped on her at random or whatnot, it's slightly more understandable (though still messed up in my opinion) to kill 2 of them on the basis of "I can't find them homes and they'll suffer"
    However if she has 4 puppies because she refuses to get her dog fixed and take care of the problem/ has 4 puppies because people are stupid think they can handle more animals than they can/ goes around yanking puppies she finds, suddenly "I had to kill them so they wouldn't suffer" is bullshit and she's an awful person.

I mean if the test is just meant to be some fun thing that doesn't mean much then sure, but if they're trying to present this like its something with science/psychology/what-have-you behind it then its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    That's kinda what I got as well.
    The majority of the questions basically asked me to what degree I was ok with allowing people to do stuff that I didn't agree with.
    The rest had poor context.

Last edited by Gourmandise; 2017-07-16 at 12:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Your scores are:

Care 61.1%Fairness 61.1%
    Loyalty 36.1%Authority 41.7%
    Purity 22.2%Liberty 69.4%

Your strongest moral foundation is Liberty.
    Your morality is closest to that of a Libertarian.

I am the least pure out of all of us.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Yeah. That way it shows if you believe someone should stop that person from that action, or if that person being able to do that action is their business.

Care 19.4%Fairness 83.3%
    Loyalty 83.3%Authority 100%
    Purity 100%Liberty 75%

You have no one strongest moral foundation.
    Your morality is closest to that of a Conservative.

Most of these questions were "idc" basically. The remaining ones were "don't be a dick" as my answer.

Your scores are:
    Care 97.2%
    Fairness 77.8%
    Loyalty 30.6%
    Authority 41.7%
    Purity 36.1%
    Liberty 66.7%

I found these questions too vague and unclear on what it means when it says "okay" versus "not okay". You mean do I think the person is being an asshole or do I think it should be illegal?

Your scores are:
    Care 86.1%
    Fairness 77.8%
    Loyalty 41.7%
    Authority 33.3%
    Purity 27.8%
    Liberty 63.9%

I don't think this really tells you anything.

P.S. Did this one make anyone laugh out loud?

Dan turns up the TV just as his father is talking about his military service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted

Care 52.8%
    Fairness 77.8%
    Loyalty 22.2%
    Authority 61.1%
    Purity 33.3%
    Liberty 69.4%
    Your strongest moral foundation is Fairness.
    Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal.

The only gripe with the test for me are the words used as moral foundations, specifically Loyalty. After reading what they mean by it, I can say everything is pretty much spot on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Another inherently American biased thing - I though it was supposed to be more "objective".
    They do lack non-american data, but it still kinda works for the rest of the world. It's kinda explained under "Theory and Approach" (scroll down).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Mainly based that on the flag thing which is pretty much not something most countries care so much about.
    If you don't value a flag like an american, then your environment and values differ from them, so your general morality can be is different. I answered it from the perspective, that I got a thing/gift from my father. I choose that it was a bit ok to use it. The intended purposeis different, but it's still a piece of cloth and you never used it.

The questions were a bit odd in places. I ended up with libertarian tho.

That "the father gives $10 to bob and bob gives $1 to pam" question I just answered neutrally because the question is asking specifically whether it's okay for Bob to do it, but the moral responsiibilty isn't bob's, it's the father's.

Too many puppies? Stone them. What else are you going to do with them? Would you rather put more feral dogs on the streets?
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2017-07-16 at 09:06 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I filtered most of my answers through the lens of 'don't be a fucking asshole', and as such only a few of the questions were actually interesting from an ethical standpoint.

I'm not sure how I feel about the liberty score that it gave me though. Problem is, I think some of the actions in the scenarios are trash and I think people that engage in those behaviors are trash. But that doesn't mean I want to stop people from engaging in them.

For what it's worth, my highest and lowest were fairness (86.1%) and loyalty (36.1%). Which generally matches how I go about in life. More than once I've had an angry family member asking why I didn't support them in an argument they had, to which I responded with 'because you were absolutely wrong and they were right.' I'm not going to loyally stick to someone if what they're saying is wrong.
    That's exactly what i was thinking most of the questions: Yeah... it isn't wrong, but rather are you a selfish prick or not? So most of the times i ticked one bar below neutral because, yeah... it's your right to say that she looks like an overweight bulldog, but you're still an asshole.

I felt like A few of these questions needed some context why did she kill the two puppies? if it was to stop them from suffering sure whatever or because she wanted to for the lulz can change someones approval or not by a lot same with a man kills a baby rabbit on live tv with a knife was it some idiot that thought running between a reporter and camera man and they thought knifing the thing was cool? Maybe it was it some live survival show? Doubt either of the two would make me ok with that but still context of the situation matters.

Anyways my results happened to be Your strongest moral foundation is Care.
    Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal.

Care 69.4% Fairness 63.9%
    Loyalty 41.7% Authority 38.9%
    Purity 47.2%L iberty 52.8%

Doesn't seem that far off I dunno interesting test always fun.

Honestly a lot of the hypothetical scenarios were rather lacking in information, so a number of my answers were the just left in the center like "meh" could go either way depending on how informed the given parties were. Like the one about the parents feeding their kids dog meat; Did the kids know it was dog? Was is raised specifically for human consumption or did they just pick up Fido at the pound for dinner? Or the one about the year long relationship that wasn't exclusive; Was the female partner informed that there had to be a declaration of exclusivity or was it at all implied? Would the man involved hold any ill will toward the female if he found out she was seeing other people as well? Is she sleeping with other people too?

Probably why my highest percentage was only at 25%.

Oh and the one about the kid who turns up the TV as his dad starts talking about his military service. Totally OK with that, my dad was 27 years Air Force, I've heard all his stories so many times and he's gotten to the point where he mixes them up or just flat out makes shit up to make himself look better. Shit gets old quick. Now new stories from other people are cool and all, but the same old stuff from Dad gets tiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.