Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I have heard about a group of popular students from my High School who are now successful. Their parents paid for their college. They live in gated neighborhoods with nice houses. They party. They have office jobs , presumably provided by their parents connections. They were not nice to the Muslims and Sikhs.

I doubt they would be be the kind of people to have enough courage to enter the void to colonize other planets to allow humanity to survive.

What would you say to change my attitude to them?

Donald Trump is the genetic combination of an orange and an ogre.

Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, Bob Iger, and Bill Gates are the only rich people I idolize.
    Hating another person says nothing about the person you are hating, it screams volumes about your own character. You make your own choices, you reap the rewards of those choices.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I have heard about a group of popular students from my High School who are now successful. Their parents paid for their college. They live in gated neighborhoods with nice houses. They party. They have office jobs , presumably provided by their parents connections. They were not nice to the Muslims and Sikhs.

I doubt they would be be the kind of people to have enough courage to enter the void to colonize other planets to allow humanity to survive.

Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, Bob Iger, and Bill Gates are the only rich people I idolize.
    Those people will sell you to be a slave, unless you already are.

It's obvious, that they had connections in their life, and lead them to successful life.

Not you thought, you idolize devils and demons. Only suffering you will get.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have heard about a group of popular students from my High School who are now successful.
    Good for them.

Their parents paid for their college. They live in gated neighborhoods with nice houses. They party. They have office jobs
    Lucky them.

presumably provided by their parents connections.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Whatever, lucky them.

They were not nice to the Muslims and Sikhs.
    Sensible them.

And you base this on... what? Your feelings?

I'm still trying to figure out WTF these people have done that might be something you can forgive them over. Because as near as I can tell, you:

1. Envy their success.
    2. Disagree with them re Mohammedans & Sikhs.
    3. Think they're wusses.

I would say that you need to listen to someone like Jordan Peterson, sit down, and try and think cogently* about what's brought about this loathing for these people. Because unless these people were nasty to you, or went around kicking puppies, or broke the law, or whatever... I mean ALL you have against them is a case of possible parental nepotism! And let's be honest, if you were in their position, can you be so sure you wouldn't jump at a chance for a well-paid job if your parents said they could get it for you?

*This is actually really hard. To quote Thomas Sowell:

"The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling."

People do this all the time: we're amazing at rationalising what we already believe. So once you've finished reading this, take some time out to clear your head, and maybe write some stuff down. Because quite honestly, from this side of the monitor the problem appears to be you, in which case the sooner you can start being a better person the better it will be, both for you and everyone around you.
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cringe thread. You're unable to formulate an opinion of your own and are here looking for the opinions of others about the opinions of others you've collected. Think for yourself.

And you can't forgive a person who hasn't wronged you. You can judge them, but saying you do or don't forgive a person for their actions against someone else which didn't affect you is pretty meaningless.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2017-07-15 at 10:07 PM.

I don't think you should forgive them. Instead, drink a bottle of chlorine bleach... then you'll solve multiple issues in a single instant.

(Infracted) - Major Trolling
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-16 at 09:31 AM.

To err is human, to forgive divine.

3 pages of people giving serious answers to a troll thread. This is pretty amazing in a sad kind of way. You even got Mall Security to go on an incoherent rant! 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    why dont you just leave them alone you toxic man
    Unless people do criminal actions you got no moral and obviously legal right to "forgive" them.

you lefties are totally crazy with demonisation of high earning people.
    You're calling him toxic? Have you even read your own post? Thanks for calling me crazy, too, mr 'toxic'.

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Start with not putting focus on what others do ... but focus on yourself.

Blaming others for having it *easy* while you have it *hard* brings nothing good to anyone.
    I wish more people would view the world like this! Bravo to you, my friend.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what you need permission to forgive people?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

They're rich. This makes them 85% likely to be scum fucks. Do not forgive.

Sorry I lived in a gated community and my dad paid for my college and had connections to help me get internships. No wait... I'm not sorry. I didn't do anything wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how this got left open. This site isn't a place for you to post blog posts or make up random nonsense to "discuss".