Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ needs to be removed. Connect ALL the realms together - the low server crybabies will eventually get over it.

We can keep sharding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    Great idea... lets only have 1 server so you can never complete quests and lag ALL the time because where ever you go, there are people EVERYWHERE.
    Never heard of sharding, eh?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

UUUUUMMMMMMmmmm, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Firstly "Oh yeah, let us fuck the RPers"
    Secondly "Pray tell an enlighten us how many people play in NA, because I think we all would love to have a solid source and numbers"
    There are not enough people who RP seriously on the realms to warrant having their own server. And my best guess is there are no more then 500k players in North America any more. Could be a lot who still stay subbed but no longer play. World total players, My best guess is no more then 2.5 to maybe 3 million. I know your a big Blizzard Fanboy and white knight but the game has taken a mortal wound. Blizzard would have to pull a miracle out of their asses to save it now. You can thank the new devs who tried to make WOW into a D3 clone
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to consolidate a bunch of the population and reduce servers yeah. CRZ is fine and all that but they could be doing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Yes, they should consolidate the realms, actually merge them (get rid of the Connected Realms nonsense), get as close to mega-realms as we possibly can, and attempt to reforge server communities.
    How fucking stupid do people have to be to actually believe that turning a population from ~2500 to ~50000 or more is going to make it easier to know people? and to any lying sack who tries to claim it is so, tell me, what is the name and birthday of every single person who lives in your city/town

oh right, you dont know that. Humans form small circles of aquantinces (we call them guilds in wow), and get to know them. outside of that, we really dont care about anyone for the most part. we will gladly help the non douches out there if people ask, but otherwise this stupid claim of "server community" is a steaming pool of shit that needs to be removed. It never did, nor will it ever actually exist. stop pretending otherwise
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    There are not enough people who RP seriously on the realms to warrant having their own server.
    Is that why there are not 1 but 2 RP realms that are consistently High-full even after they upped the server cap for legion about a year ago? There is enough Rpers to hold their own 2 servers (Simply put MG and WRA are never going to see eye to eye and merging them will cause more trouble than it is worth.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Is that why there are not 1 but 2 RP realms that are consistently High-full even after they upped the server cap for legion about a year ago? There is enough Rpers to hold their own 2 servers (Simply put MG and WRA are never going to see eye to eye and merging them will cause more trouble than it is worth.)
    And how many people on those realms actually RP? Veery few. I played on RP realms before. RP is not that big of a deal in WOW

And how many people on those realms actually RP? Veery few. I played on RP realms before. RP is not that big of a deal in WOW
    It's a big deal for those people who take it seriously, though. A small proportion, agreed, but don't over look it.

Blizzard has dragged their feet on this so long people are going to be unhappy either way. I can say for certain the people on lower population servers are at a major disadvantage when it comes to almost everything. Outside of maybe 10 NA servers it is a nightmare to try and get mythic raids going much less multiple ones at various times. People end up pugging content on the busy servers smaller servers never even see. I know in WoD we had a few servers that never had a raid record a mythic kill while the raid was current. In most cases it is due to numbers more so then ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well one of those is seen as a toxic cesspool. They are also the biggest of the RP servers. If anything smaller ones like Feathermoon would be lumped into one of them. WRA and MG are different time zones and last go around Blizzard took a lot of heat for mixing time zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Hell no. I hate playing on full servers. I deliberately chose a very small realm, than they introduced CRZ, which eventually spread over all zones. Players are almost always behaving not very well-mannered, and some go out of there way to be really intrusive and toxic. That was one of the big reasons I did eventually quit WoW. I prefer a small realm, with just a handful of lost souls, every one doing his own thing, no one gets bothered.
    Not being on the same server allows people to get away with being toxic. If they merged servers then need to crz would go away.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Definitely. But they won't merge them, even if they've less than half their peak population and several times the server capacity that they had during the same time period. Too scared of spooking their investors.

Oh and to solve the naming issues: Allow players a single space in their names. Then they can add a last name and boom. Basically the same names but different!

Really we should have four mega servers per region: PvE, PvP, RP and RPPvP.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-07-17 at 05:31 PM.

They only need 2 servers in North America. a PVE one and a PVP one. There are not enough people playing in NA to support all these servers
    You clearly know what kind of tasks needs a server to perform. Especially at an expansion launch night.

- - - Updated - - -

There are not enough people who RP seriously on the realms to warrant having their own server. And my best guess is there are no more then 500k players in North America any more. Could be a lot who still stay subbed but no longer play. World total players, My best guess is no more then 2.5 to maybe 3 million. I know your a big Blizzard Fanboy and white knight but the game has taken a mortal wound. Blizzard would have to pull a miracle out of their asses to save it now. You can thank the new devs who tried to make WOW into a D3 clone
    How much is enough people then? Not like if it matters, realms has nothing to do with servers i beleive for a long time now. (+ if they want they can run 10 million RP servers totally empty, its their decision what worth it and what not.)

I wish they would merge the servers into megaservers for each type. So then you'd have 1 Normal, 1 PVP, 1 RP, 1 RP-PVP etc. Then use phasing tech like ESO.

Why not just do like Black desert make one big server with a bunch of "Channels"

1 PvP Realm
    1 RP Realm
    1 PvPRP Realm
    1 PvE Realm

Better yet.

1 PvPRP Realm
    1 PvERP Realm

2-4 Servers is really all this game needs. Blizzard can keep trying to deny it, but the game looks bad to players when they see a fuckload of low pop servers and 1 full one. They just need to consolidate and explain the decision to the share holders.

Way too many servers and the faction in balance is really screwy.
    It's not cool being alliance and running into 5+ horde gang bangs.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh..another post disqualifying itself by attacking the poster and not the message.

Thanks for "your best guess" on how many RPers there are and how many people play. Apparently we all have them, so you are as clueless as we all.

Also the tiresome "mortal wound" argument, also based on second guessing. So now WoW is "really, really" dead. Again?
    Right cause WOW is doing so great that it barely rated more then a passing mention at the last round of the shareholders meeting. Slightly above WOD. Thats just amazing .
    That was before the 7.2 shitstorm and the further nerfs to classes. The game is not doing well. It was not another game that killed WOW. It was blizzard.
    WOW is not some MMO made by a small company that could keep it alive on a shoe string budget for another 15 years. The shareholders and the Board of directors will pull the plug as soon as they feel there is no more reason to keep it going. Not because its still not profitable, but because it is not profitable enough.

- - - Updated - - -

And World PVP has been dead for ages. Not even a reason to have a PVP realm any more. Unless Blizzard wants to make WPVP a thing again and actually put effort and thought into it. With the Dev team you have now, that wont happen. As it is now, too many servers , not enough players to justify maintaining them all

"WOW is not some MMO made by a small company that could keep it alive on a shoe string budget for another 15 years. The shareholders and the Board of directors will pull the plug as soon as they feel there is no more reason to keep it going. Not because its still not profitable, but because it is not profitable enough."

Is Diablo 1 profitable for Blizzard? Probably not, yet they still keep up the servers. Same for WC3. It is not all about the profit, but brand recognition.
    As long as profit is positive, WoW will be up, because of Blizzard brand. We will have another 15 years, unless some unexpected event happens (like World War 3 :O ).

I don't really care how many servers they have. I only use 2 of them and the rest don't affect me.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    1 PvP Realm
    1 RP Realm
    1 PvPRP Realm
    1 PvE Realm

Better yet.

1 PvPRP Realm
    1 PvERP Realm

2-4 Servers is really all this game needs. Blizzard can keep trying to deny it, but the game looks bad to players when they see a fuckload of low pop servers and 1 full one. They just need to consolidate and explain the decision to the share holders.
    are you really that stupid?

you want to shove how many people into 4 servers at once?

seriously, do you have anything that remotely resembles a brain in your skull or are you just a fucking moron?

NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE FROM THE FUCKING LAG THAT WOULD CREATE

[Infracted]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-17 at 11:26 PM.
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

And World PVP has been dead for ages. Not even a reason to have a PVP realm any more. Unless Blizzard wants to make WPVP a thing again and actually put effort and thought into it. With the Dev team you have now, that wont happen. As it is now, too many servers , not enough players to justify maintaining them all
    Wpvp was only a thing because of the chore of getting into battlegrounds or because said battlegrounds didn't exist. Since that went away basically in BC there's no way to make Wpvp a thing for more than a few people anymore.