Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Way too many servers and the faction in balance is really screwy.
    It's not cool being alliance and running into 5+ horde gang bangs.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh..another post disqualifying itself by attacking the poster and not the message.

    Thanks for "your best guess" on how many RPers there are and how many people play. Apparently we all have them, so you are as clueless as we all.

    Also the tiresome "mortal wound" argument, also based on second guessing. So now WoW is "really, really" dead. Again?
    Right cause WOW is doing so great that it barely rated more then a passing mention at the last round of the shareholders meeting. Slightly above WOD. Thats just amazing .
    That was before the 7.2 shitstorm and the further nerfs to classes. The game is not doing well. It was not another game that killed WOW. It was blizzard.
    WOW is not some MMO made by a small company that could keep it alive on a shoe string budget for another 15 years. The shareholders and the Board of directors will pull the plug as soon as they feel there is no more reason to keep it going. Not because its still not profitable, but because it is not profitable enough.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And World PVP has been dead for ages. Not even a reason to have a PVP realm any more. Unless Blizzard wants to make WPVP a thing again and actually put effort and thought into it. With the Dev team you have now, that wont happen. As it is now, too many servers , not enough players to justify maintaining them all
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  3. #83
    "WOW is not some MMO made by a small company that could keep it alive on a shoe string budget for another 15 years. The shareholders and the Board of directors will pull the plug as soon as they feel there is no more reason to keep it going. Not because its still not profitable, but because it is not profitable enough."

    Is Diablo 1 profitable for Blizzard? Probably not, yet they still keep up the servers. Same for WC3. It is not all about the profit, but brand recognition.
    As long as profit is positive, WoW will be up, because of Blizzard brand. We will have another 15 years, unless some unexpected event happens (like World War 3 :O ).

  4. #84
    I don't really care how many servers they have. I only use 2 of them and the rest don't affect me.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    1 PvP Realm
    1 RP Realm
    1 PvPRP Realm
    1 PvE Realm

    Better yet.

    1 PvPRP Realm
    1 PvERP Realm

    2-4 Servers is really all this game needs. Blizzard can keep trying to deny it, but the game looks bad to players when they see a fuckload of low pop servers and 1 full one. They just need to consolidate and explain the decision to the share holders.
    are you really that stupid?

    you want to shove how many people into 4 servers at once?

    seriously, do you have anything that remotely resembles a brain in your skull or are you just a fucking moron?

    NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE FROM THE FUCKING LAG THAT WOULD CREATE

    [Infracted]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-17 at 11:26 PM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    And World PVP has been dead for ages. Not even a reason to have a PVP realm any more. Unless Blizzard wants to make WPVP a thing again and actually put effort and thought into it. With the Dev team you have now, that wont happen. As it is now, too many servers , not enough players to justify maintaining them all
    Wpvp was only a thing because of the chore of getting into battlegrounds or because said battlegrounds didn't exist. Since that went away basically in BC there's no way to make Wpvp a thing for more than a few people anymore.

  7. #87
    I'm on DEADmaul Oceanic. They should definitely merge realms. But they won't because its Blizzard and they would never admit failure or turn down some server transfer cash.

  8. #88
    Blizzard engage in a lot of mind control, fluff answers and disingenuous information, deleting servers would be them admitting they've lost a ton of players, which is why they don't report players numbers anymore.

    So whether they do or don't is irrelevant, it's whether they're ready to pull the plug and admit WoW is not what it used to be.

  9. #89
    I prefer the less populated servers, cuz now we have group finder for everything, so if i need help, i have help. Otherwise, I like being left alone to easily farm up resources, complete quests etc. CRZ hurts things like farming a rare I guess, but otherwise... I don't mind the pops. On the flip side, I think blizz could merge a few more. Nothing drastic, slim down a few per region.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  10. #90
    A friend of mine still plays on the European realms, and he complains all the time about there being one RP realm with a decent population, and half a dozen nearly empty RP realms linked together with this half-baked intermediate solution Blizzard touts as a solution to low player numbers. It may well be true that the number of RP players is quite low, but having one RP realm per region should be fair enough. But WoW at this point can't sustain five or six separate such realms.

    Blizzard's refusal to merge realms in one go - rather than these slowly increasing connections to patch over the negative effects of low player numbers - is well known, though, so I wouldn't expect much on that front.
    "The thing that I think is really exciting about MMOs, and things like WoW, is being in a world,
    in a game, where there's so many other players, that are visible, that you interact with all the time."

    - Rob Pardo, former Chief Creative Officer at Blizzard (2014)

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Yes, they should consolidate the realms, actually merge them (get rid of the Connected Realms nonsense), get as close to mega-realms as we possibly can, and attempt to reforge server communities.
    This will never happen with LFG/LFR and cross realm battlegrounds. Literally community destroyers and the worst things they have ever put into the game IMO.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    CRZ needs to be removed. Connect ALL the realms together - the low server crybabies will eventually get over it.

    We can keep sharding.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Never heard of sharding, eh?
    OP wants everyone together, as in, you can see everyone. How will sharding help with that? Please explain.

  13. #93
    The bad thing with low pop servers is the AH is terribly unhealthy.

  14. #94
    cross realm is convenient, but i agree there are many servers

  15. #95
    There are too many servers indeed.

    But after a somewhat recent experience in a Private server wich peaked at 10k concurrent players online i can say i changed my opinion quite a bit, it's just too much. There's a fine balance beetween empty servers and over populated ones and i reject both.

    Also, merging servers has some conflicts for the playerbase envolved and needs to be handle with caution imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •