1. #1

    The Search for Stormscale

    I've been searching for a good non-druid skinning spot for these for a long time, something that matches up to Falcosaur farming

    I've done Eye of Azshara, Beach Crabs, Eels, Rays. But I think I found a good spot finally.

    In Stormheim in the sea around the Goblin Zeppelin, there are Deep Water Clackers in groups of 11, and they are linked so if you aggro one, you aggro them all. Simply pulling 2 groups gets you 22 clackers that can be killed quickly, unlike the Azshara crabs. And unlike some other spots, they arent deep down in the ocean making it a "druid only" skinning spot.

    I checked other areas with Deep Water Clackers and none of them act the same way, and the young ones in Broken Shore aren't even skinnable, making the whole idea of using a deep diving helmet and looking for these pointless, which you'd think was the idea originally.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-07-16 at 04:08 PM.

  2. #2
    yea, the crabs in stormheim are the best. Just use serverhop with it. You can just google stormscale farming stormheim and it's always first result.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DjuntasGaming I do games such as Diablo 2 and WoW.
    - NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 coolermaster - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  3. #3
    Legendary! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I've been searching for a good non-druid skinning spot for these for a long time, something that matches up to Falcosaur farming

    I've done Eye of Azshara, Beach Crabs, Eels, Rays. But I think I found a good spot finally.

    In Stormheim in the sea around the Goblin Zeppelin, there are Deep Water Clackers in groups of 11, and they are linked so if you aggro one, you aggro them all. Simply pulling 2 groups gets you 22 clackers that can be killed quickly, unlike the Azshara crabs. And unlike some other spots, they arent deep down in the ocean making it a "druid only" skinning spot.

    I checked other areas with Deep Water Clackers and none of them act the same way, and the young ones in Broken Shore aren't even skinnable, making the whole idea of using a deep diving helmet and looking for these pointless, which you'd think was the idea originally.
    not sure why you'd call this place 'druid only'...

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=175866/...eathing-elixir
    not a problem for non druids at all.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    not sure why you'd call this place 'druid only'...

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=175866/...eathing-elixir
    not a problem for non druids at all.
    Some places in the Deep Ocean have large packs but very far apart, making Druid Swim form ideal for those areas. Since its the movement speed that kills farming there.

    Stormheim is convienent because the clackers come to you, and the distance between packs isn't annoyingly huge.

  5. #5
    Legendary! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Some places in the Deep Ocean have large packs but very far apart, making Druid Swim form ideal for those areas. Since its the movement speed that kills farming there.

    Stormheim is convienent because the clackers come to you, and the distance between packs isn't annoyingly huge.
    I wouldn't go anywhere else BUT stormheim... not even as a druid.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I wouldn't go anywhere else BUT stormheim... not even as a druid.
    Really I heard deep sea seahorse farming was pretty amazing.

  7. #7
    Legendary! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Really I heard deep sea seahorse farming was pretty amazing.
    I get 400-500 scales in 60min or so in stormheim. I start around 65/31 in stormheim, I go north and then clockwise around that island, by the time I get back to where I started the packs have respawned, I can make 2 trips around the island before my potion wears off... where are these sea horses I might have to test them.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I get 400-500 scales in 60min or so in stormheim. I start around 65/31 in stormheim, I go north and then clockwise around that island, by the time I get back to where I started the packs have respawned, I can make 2 trips around the island before my potion wears off... where are these sea horses I might have to test them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w88g4pT1rfs

  9. #9
    Legendary! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I must be missing the location... watch the video 5x.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  10. #10
    coordinates and map screenshot are in the vid description.
    Monk/Main,Druid/Alt, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

  11. #11
    Legendary! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    coordinates and map screenshot are in the vid description.
    Thank you, I'll have to give it a visit.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,889
    Is stormscale farming lucrative?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •