Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What do you spend your gold on?

So I thought about posting this in profession forum, but every time I do that it attracts little traffic. >But mods if you feel like it needs to be moved thats fine.

So, ever since WOD a larger % of the active playerbase has obviously gotten a lot more gold on there hands, than they used to. Inflation was rampant in WOD, but it seems even larger in Legion.

This has lead to a lot of people now sitting on millions of gold. I can give my own history fast: In Cata I reached about 400k gold - In MOP that dropped slightly, just kinda stagnating, but in WOD I went up to 3.5 million, and now in Legion I will soon enough hit 10 million. I have never spent less time gold making as I am now also, I could spend 2 hours a day in cata on some days just being in a capital doing some sort of gold-related work!

This lead to me this week to go and buy 310% flight, 30 slots WOD bags for all my alts. A few other things as well, but mostly that. In WOD I also bought all vendors mounts I could, now only the Spider Mount left - The next mounts I could then get would be BMAH black boxes or some 2-5 million gold mount on AH.

So, simple question: Are gold worthless to you now, and what do you spend it on?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I recently hit the 10M gold mark, since then I'm less willing to hoard all my gold and I'm mostly spending it on uncollected battle pets and transmogs.

Using the Collectionshop addon for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you spend your gold on?
    Massages at the Goldshire Inn.

Only on WoW Tokens for game time. I just need to find an easy way to get 250k per month without any effort so I can sustain my wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    I recently hit the 10M gold mark, since then I'm less willing to hoard all my gold and I'm mostly spending it on uncollected battle pets and transmogs.

Using the Collectionshop addon for it.
    I see, pets. Yes I gave up on pets in WOD...It just wasn't for me any longer. I really enjoy pokemon games, but this in wow just dont do it for me, so I sold all my pets in WOD for...400k gold or some back then.

PS that addon is great yes
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'm quite content to stack it.

I did spend gold on the spider mount, and most likely I'mma be stacking it to buy the Swift Zulian Tiger off of the BMAH for gold cap.

Two words: Elven. Hookers.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Atm? augment runes for M Gul'dan progression

Nothing, really. I dont have enough gold to spend it on token and I have "too much" to be really careful with my gold. When I need enchants and gems I buy them. Occasionally I look for a mount on the AH that isn't overly expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Repairs, potions and flasks, and flight paths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Two words: Elven. Hookers.
    Holy misspell there bro, You spell it Dwarven.
    Last edited by mmoca1dabc25f0; 2017-06-09 at 07:55 PM.

I Stopped hoarding gold after WoD.
    Go some token for game time and Blizzard cash shop

I will probably spend my gold on gear for some alts and eventually WoW token

I don't think gold is worthless, since you can get some stuff from blizzard shop.

But I don't see anything atractive to spend my gold.
    So I guess I spent gold on the basic ( pot, food, flask, rune, gems, enchant) and some non expensive gear for my alt(s).
    I don't see the point of spending 2,5 million on Blazing Hyppo

10+ Year Old Account
    blue murloc egg

At the beginning of each tier, I spend it on the best BoEs I can find. I try to invest in ones I won't replace right away.

Toward the end of each tier, I find more time to play alts. Any alt who makes it to 110 gets a set of crafted gear, obliterum, BoEs, and anything else their rich uncle can do to get them off to a good start.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Just some flasks for raiding and repairs. It's so hard for me to get, I don't want to spend it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

While I was playing I wanted 2 mil for spider mount but I was missing around 700k, and now when I return to level up my alts with heirlooms, I might try to hit the 2 mil mark, buy the mount and retire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm? Not really anything. Occasionally I go to the BMAH and buy a nice mount. Other than that I'm self-sustaining in flasks and potions through my alchemist and bloods (and a herbalist when that's not enough), vantus runes my guild gives out, augment runes are just raining from the sky, and food is either done by the guild or when I'm bored. Guess I have to pay for repairs, but that's not really worth talking about.

Buying skins for HotS, despite the fact that i dont play HotS in a long time

Nothing... I kinda stash for no reason... :/

I'm saving up for Destiny 2.