Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    Melee can do their 100% dps while moving and sticking to the target is childplay. I don't see a reason why can't we at least deal half of our dmg on the move.
    Melee have mechanics that force them away from the boss, where they deal almost no DPS, most casters can at least do something while moving. Melee don't have 100% up time on bosses, why should ranged?

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    *Sees thread about casting while moving*

    *Sees posts stating "ele shaman is fine, l2p"*

    LOL
    There are 2 different things people could be saying:
    1. There are no challenges that movement poses for ele shamans
    2. Ele shamans are not more significantly affected (in terms of damage output ability) than other casters

    You seem to be taking it as #1 because that idea would be stupid and you would automatically win the argument. But I don't think anyone is saying #1, I think they're saying #2.

    When I pull up the logs for ToS, for both heroic and mythic at an 80% parse I see ele shaman almost dead middle, with both ranged and melee specs both above and below. It drops if you're looking at a mythic 50% parse but it's still not bottom or anything. I think there are problems with the spec (like the mastery cap), but I do not agree that somehow ele shaman are punished by movement in some unique way and that we should LOL at anyone who thinks the class is actually viable as it is.

  3. #243
    Brewmaster Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Then take away the 50 million gap closers melee have if this is the trade off.
    what 50 million gap closers? Ret Paladin has a pony for 6 seconds, 12 if you spec into it.. rogues has Sprint and shadowstep, ska got wraith i got stuck again, shamans got spirit wolf,

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Simple solution: casting while moving reduces the effectiveness of said spell by 1% for every second moving. Maximum reduction of 20%.
    I second this and say its either that or casting while moving reduces spell haste % by X amount.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    Melee can do their 100% dps while moving and sticking to the target is childplay. I don't see a reason why can't we at least deal half of our dmg on the move.
    because is childplay to press tab when you switch target :\

  6. #246
    Scarab Lord Covfefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    20 Miles to Texas, 25 to Hell
    Posts
    4,753
    honestly, if blizzard made it possible to cast on the move, but the spells cost 50% (placeholder value) more mana, I think it would be a decent trade off. That way casters can have some mobility when needed, but they aren't bouncing around like pinballs.

  7. #247
    Moderator Jester Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cafe Leblanc
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    what 50 million gap closers? Ret Paladin has a pony for 6 seconds, 12 if you spec into it.. rogues has Sprint and shadowstep, ska got wraith i got stuck again, shamans got spirit wolf,
    It's 3 seconds, with 6 if you're specced into the talent for 2 charges, which also uses the GCD.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    yet they still do incredibly well.
    Compared to what?

    Without driving this argument further, Ele & SP aren't that great on high movement fights, arguing who's worse is pointless, they both suck compared to Mage / Hunter and to a certain degree Balance Druids.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Also, simply because i'm curious, when did LB become castable while moving? I never played a shaman until the very end of MoP, the first instance of movable casting I remember was Fire mage in Cata, and I loved it because until then casting while moving was just something that didn't happen lol.
    Spiritwalker's grace was introduced with Cata (Patch 4.0), LB on the move was originally a Glyph introduced with Patch 4.2 (Firelands).

    Blizzard even highlighted Elemental in particular when they announced to cut back on the cast while moving stuff, because people were seeing this as a core part of the spec.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-07-18 at 03:36 PM.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  9. #249
    Legendary! Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    A Dark and Dreary place
    Posts
    6,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    Melee can do their 100% dps while moving and sticking to the target is childplay. I don't see a reason why can't we at least deal half of our dmg on the move.
    I don't see why I can't do half my dps as a melee while not in melee range.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Compared to what?

    Without driving this argument further, Ele & SP aren't that great on high movement fights, arguing who's worse is pointless, they both suck compared to Mage / Hunter and to a certain degree Balance Druids.



    Spiritwalker's grace was introduced with Cata (Patch 4.0), LB on the move was originally a Glyph introduced with Patch 4.2 (Firelands).

    Blizzard even highlighted Elemental in particular when they announced to cut back on the cast while moving stuff, because people were seeing this as a core part of the spec.
    Shadow priests were used on every world first ToS mythic kill, sometimes two. Even with their bad mobility, they compete on the highest level of content in the game, which leads me to believe mobility isn't a huge issue if you plan properly. This only applies to raids however, i've heard Ele is pretty decent in M+ but i wouldn't really know.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Even with their bad mobility, they compete on the highest level of content in the game, which leads me to believe mobility isn't a huge issue if you plan properly.
    It's not really your own skill when it comes to that.

    SP has some simple advantages:
    1.Dispersion allows to solo soak certain stuff, especially important in ToS on Avatar and presumably KJ
    2.Execute Damage, SP is one of the few Ranged Specs that has a decent Execute
    3.Multi dot, a lot of spread target => Multi dot classes become naturally favored

    If you can take advantage of these 3 strengths, you can overcome weak movement dps, that does not mean however you are doing decent dps while moving.

    You just can't magically conjure up decent movement dps out of nowhere, having certain tools to deal with movement does not automatically mean you can compete with other classes in that area.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    And i dont tive one solitary single tiny fuck about Dragonslaying, so... whats your point?
    My point is... i don't care about PvP. Was that not clear? It was the only thing i said so i don't know how you missed this...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •