Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its how they make their time spent worth it

It's the inevitable logical extension of streaming itself.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I actually work for my money. /shrug
    Hahahaha.

This is some salty ass edge-lord level of stupidity here.

Do you watch TV?

Do you listen to music? Or any sort of comedic gig?

Do you look at any kind of art, whatso ever?

It is entertainment. They are doing what they love, and people enjoy watching them. They need to pay bills and live and this is how they're doing it. Like any other form of entertainment.

Holy shit.

People cant see past their noses or beyond their self-inflicted ignorance.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering tips are supposed to be optional but are deemed necessary in today's society, apparently they're taking it one step further and requiring 'donations' as mandatory. They're all scum, just move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    but people that watch start throwing money at them? why? what for?
    I won't speak for anybody else, but as somebody who has "throw[n] money at" a streamer I can answer this:

Appreciation.

Appreciation for what he does, for me and the community, and appreciation for the fact that he entertains me. I have no problem paying for Netflix or HBO, why should paying for streams that I enjoy watching be any different? Especially when it is an optional thing I do out of my own generosity, and not a required fee?

Let's just say that after the whole cam whores came in and dudes started throwing money at them it's all over for real people.
    Awfully melodramatic. But even if you were right, he's still a "real person." He earns my viewership by providing information and entertainment that is valuable to me. Theoretically whoever you think is worthy of the moniker of "real person" could too.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

You started literally this same thread 10 days ago. If you don't like twitch, shut up and stop watching it. Christ.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Watching them is a form of entertainment for some people. Just like watching a TV show or movie is. Not really dumb.
    You know what's real entertainment? Playing the games yourself. Which was what they were made for, funnily enough.

Is it wrong? No. There are negative things that can be said about it, but it is hardly wrong.

Deleted
    If this bothers you, please don't watch things like Corsair or Asus Twitter which is essentially filled with scantily dressed attention hookers who are uh such muh gamr gurlz!

You know, like those money begging twitch whores.

15+ Year Old Account
    So people who play sports shouldn't watch sports on TV and in movies? I mean, they could just be playing it themselves, right?
    No one is saying they shouldn't, but who do you think is having more fun. The player or the person watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You know what's real entertainment? Playing the games yourself. Which was what they were made for, funnily enough.
    Some you watch for their skill like Seagull playing Overwatch he use to be a competitive world class player before he decided to go full time streaming. I like watching him for his skill seeing how a master player plays the game. I play the game but no matter how much I play it I am nowhere near as good as him and it is fun to watch him play so well. Others like Game Grumps I watch for their commentary and how funny they can be. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are terrible but almost always I am entertained by their jokes or fun gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So i've been watching Twitch for a while now but something that im starting to notice is a lot of my favorite streamers are starting to piss me off with their constant selling out. I'm on your stream to watch some gameplay NOT for you to try to sell me some crappy service i dont have any need for. And the really weird thing is they know they are selling out and have no shame whatsover. What's is going on?
    remember to bring your adblock and noscript to every stream, never donate and never subscribe. sitting on your ass streaming video games isn't a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    remember to bring your adblock and noscript to every stream, never donate and never subscribe. sitting on your ass streaming video games isn't a job.
    Yes it is.

That's what streaming was from the beginning, it took like 2h hours before the first twat realized that begging for money and feigning interest in his audience would net them lots of $$$. In fact streaming is just an extension of cam-whoring. So streaming your video games was probably born from that idea to begin with. Like with any whore, if one thinks he/she is more valuable than they really are, just move on to one who still is still doing it free .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Some you watch for their skill like Seagull playing Overwatch he use to be a competitive world class player before he decided to go full time streaming. I like watching him for his skill seeing how a master player plays the game. I play the game but no matter how much I play it I am nowhere near as good as him and it is fun to watch him play so well. Others like Game Grumps I watch for their commentary and how funny they can be. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are terrible but almost always I am entertained by their jokes or fun gameplay.
    Yeah I know why people watch them. I watch let's plays while I eat because I hate eating and playing games.
    Both can be. I've throughly enjoyed many streams. Now, I don't know if it was more than the streamer, but it was fun to me.
    Considering he was actually playing the game and probably getting paid, I'm gonna go with the streamer having was more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So i've been watching Twitch for a while now but something that im starting to notice is a lot of my favorite streamers are starting to piss me off with their constant selling out. I'm on your stream to watch some gameplay NOT for you to try to sell me some crappy service i dont have any need for. And the really weird thing is they know they are selling out and have no shame whatsover. What's is going on?
    Back in the past if you wanted to help someone without regulations, you tipped them. Crime became big, so they regulate tips. Now tips are killing people, because they've allowed the legal people to be yoked by something that's merely an option, leaving them prone to the will of charity, which is drying up due to lying shit moochers.

Now in the future i you want to help someone without regulations, you stream. They're trying to shut that down too, and while most people call them bad words, they're really trying to stop criminal pursuits hidden among any legitimates who remain.

it's all very messy, but if you want to remain a "good" person, you have to hope for and believe that the one's you see aren't wrong, and the ones who are wrong will be stopped. How they will be stopped? There's so much work, especially if you're trying to spare the genuinely innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah I know why people watch them. I watch let's plays while I eat because I hate eating and playing games.

Considering he was actually playing the game and probably getting paid, I'm gonna go with the streamer having was more fun.
    I watch let's plays of scary games I could never play. They're much more fun that way! (though still scary!)

PLUS you always learn things you might not learn in real time. I JUST LEARNED THAT IT WAS JENOVA WHO KILLED HER! TRYING NOT TO SPOIL BUT THAT WAS NEVER SEPHIROTH! IT WASN'T!!!

Also! Cloud was NEVER a SOLDIER! NEVER! I even saw the in-game origin story with him and Zack, and thought I understood everything, but no, he was normal as a bone when he backstabbed Sephiroth with the Buster Blade, he probably only succeeded because Sephiroth was so distracted by seeing his "mom's" face for the first time ever, and now I know why he was "walking funny" out of the reactor, and only the upper half of his body exists in the later incarnations, and holy shit, I didn't know any of all that!!!
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-07-17 at 05:38 AM.

Remember 1. Start up 2. Cash in 3. Sellout 4. Bro down

Deleted
    One of the biggest sellouts on twitch is probably sodapoppin... who in their right mind will spend 100 dollars to let Chance listen to a song for 3 min? Totally a sellout, yet people are stupid enough to keep giving him money to listen to songs for 6 hours and making him earn atleast 20.000 dollar in one day...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's their job?

Do you expect them to entertain you for free?

You can always not give your money.