Deleted

BM Stomp build stats caps

Hi

I am so confused with bm stomp build stats caps, Anyone know the % of approximate caps, I see in top bm dps, around: 33-38% critic, 19-23% haste and 70-76% mastery

But I am so confused

I think your confusion comes from the fact that there are no real caps.

There is a haste 'soft cap' in the sims (often around 19-23%) but that is hard to reproduce in the actual game.
    Also it still does not mean that haste becomes useless, it simply moves it down a bit. (say from 30 DPS per point to 26-27).

Crit wise the spec just plays much nicer when you have between 30-40% crit. It does still work outside of that, but around there seems to be the sweet spot.
    Below that you'll less Dire beast procs making you wait for it a long time, and above it can cause you to lose procs because they happen so often or you get so many procs it will start overlapping beastial wraths, which is a dps loss.
    (once you get close to 40% crit loses a little value in the sims, making haste and/or mastery go up a bit)

As always look at the actual difference in dps per point and you'll notice it's often only 5-10% difference from best to worst stat. This is why an item with higher ilvl and 'crappy' stats can still result in better dps.

If you're going for the ideal though then the ratio seems to be around 35-38% crit, 20-22% haste, and as much mastery as you can get. (this is only for single target though and it is of course hard to actually get the same preformance in game as in the sims)
    Last edited by Ishan; 2017-07-18 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewVitra View Post
    Hi

I am so confused with bm stomp build stats caps, Anyone know the % of approximate caps, I see in top bm dps, around: 33-38% critic, 19-23% haste and 70-76% mastery

But I am so confused
    Yes its very confusing, you should focus on crit if u have low gear, until you get maybe Crit 31%. Dont be afraid to enchant +crit on rings and using crit gems to make it work... Then you ll need to get some haste too around 20%. Try to get those crit+haste items from TOS they ll help you, as they arent bis for other classes. The crit will always be good, haste you cant have less than 20 (as soon as i droped to 19.46% haste, down from 22% the weight went to 36), and mastery will always offer extra damage.

I have 40.94% crit on my Hunter and my stat weights for crit/haste/mastery are equal.