Guardian Druid looking to improve

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...draenor/entaru

Logs (ToS Normal): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=22

The other tank in the logs has been tanking since vanilla but only started druid tanking recently (he logged his main for the KJ kill), and the fact that in some cases I seem to have taken more damage or have lower absorbs than him while 20+ iLvls higher suggests to me it's more a player issue than a gear issue. Any suggestion on where I can improve, and how to read logs to know in the future where I'm going wrong, are welcome.

T19 isn't worth holding onto if you have higher ilvl.
    Darkmoon Deck Immortality is BiS for all tanks for ToS

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24192081

Bristling should be able to be used for each felclaws... So should be used every time in order to get 4 stacks of IF. Making the damage quite small.
    Also your Pulverise uptime is rather poor on KJ. Want it up as close to 100% as possible when tanking.
    Pretty good for Mistress/Harj tho.
    Try to use Bristling a bit more too. Only 40 sec CD.

Aim to get as many uses of Rage of the Sleeper as you can too (delay for add phases a little bit) and it is best used when boss is attacking you.
    Mistress you used it once :/

Frenzied Regen - I would use this whenever you have taken a fair amount of damage. Get a weakaura to tell you how much it'll heal for and pop it much more than you are.
    Didn't use it at all one fight
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing

Any other legendaries than the belt?

@Captain Fizz
    Will try to get better at using Bristling, FR and Rage of the Sleeper. Cooldown usage is something I know I'm not great at but thought I was using them more than once a fight -_-

Pulverise on KJ was more due to tank-swapping at 5 stacks of felclaws, so I was trying to keep up 3 stacks of Thrash for the extra little bit of damage when I wasn't tanking. If it was while I was tanking then yeah I agree I need to work on that.

Gear-wise I have 885 T20 legs but wasn't sure if a 5 iLvl downgrade was worth it to replace 2-piece T19 with 2-piece T20. I'll work on my Scribe to get the Dark Moon Immortality.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    @Captain Fizz
    Will try to get better at using Bristling, FR and Rage of the Sleeper. Cooldown usage is something I know I'm not great at but thought I was using them more than once a fight -_-

Pulverise on KJ was more due to tank-swapping at 5 stacks of felclaws, so I was trying to keep up 3 stacks of Thrash for the extra little bit of damage when I wasn't tanking. If it was while I was tanking then yeah I agree I need to work on that.

Gear-wise I have 885 T20 legs but wasn't sure if a 5 iLvl downgrade was worth it to replace 2-piece T19 with 2-piece T20. I'll work on my Scribe to get the Dark Moon Immortality.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Never downgrade.
    T19 4pc is strong enough to wait for T20 that is about 10 ilvls higher, 2pc is not worth keeping.
    Pulverize does more damage than keeping up thrash. Just use it when at 3 on the global before your next thrash.
    Get rid of Shifting Cosmic Sliver, you're basically not wearing a trinket until you use SI with it.
    Get those gems filled in.
    You have 3 stacks of FR, make sure 1 charge is always on CD.
    If you forget to use Bristling fur a lot, use it more often and get better, or swap it out for Blood frenzy or Brambles.
    Blood Frenzy is less rage overall, but more rage than not using Bristling Fur.
    Don't do this on KJ though, just use Bristling before every Fel Claws. It'll give you a new ironfur after every hit.

@CenariusTheForestLord
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll swap the legs this evening, replace SCS for DM:I once I have one, and get some more versatility gems. I'll stick with Bristling for the moment as I need to force myself to get better at watching cooldowns anyway and it's relatively short, plus KJ is the fight I want to get better at most and the others will be good practice.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    @CenariusTheForestLord
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll swap the legs this evening, replace SCS for DM:I once I have one, and get some more versatility gems. I'll stick with Bristling for the moment as I need to force myself to get better at watching cooldowns anyway and it's relatively short, plus KJ is the fight I want to get better at most and the others will be good practice.
    Awesome. After that most of it is rotational stuff which is mainly practice.
    Get used to using Pulverize on every GCD before using thrash when thrash is at 3 stacks if you would have used a swipe there (GG moonfire has prio). (This sounds confusing I know, but it's easy once you know how)
    Use a mangle before every Ironfur unless you're capping rage by delaying.
    Mangle > Moonfire Proc > Thrash for rage generation.

And the main thing that holds all tanks back: Don't be afraid to use cooldowns. Better to use them too often and die because you don't have any up, than die when you could've used one. It's easier to go back and say: "I shouldn'tve used that Barkskin there, but 30 seconds later, I'll do that next time"; than: "I died here and I had Barkskin up".
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2017-07-17 at 02:27 PM.