Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Getting gear at level 110

Heya! I'm stuck with gear upgrades and I can't seem to find a way to get out of 880ish ilvl.

I'll start off by saying I've been a hardcore / semi-hardcore raider for the most part of my 10 years of "WoW career", I've been playing the game consistently since I started so never before I found myself in such situation.

I had to leave the game roughly during the first week of Mythic EN due to IRL stuff going on, now that I'm back my guild has disbanded and most of the people I was playing with before my break are now horde (I'm alliance, no I won't go horde). All in all it's not a big deal for me, I don't think I want to commit to mythic raiding at this moment, I'd just be happy if I could pug once or twice a week normal / heroic ToS or NH. But here is the problem, my ilvl is 872.

Every group I look seems to ask for ilvl 900+, most of them ask for 910/915+ and almost all groups ask for the curve achievement. When I apply for low tier m+ I get insta-declined too, probably in favor of someone else with higher ilvl than me.

Outside of m+ and heroic/normal raids I can't seem to find gear items above 880ilvl, so how do get better gear as a solo player? Am I missing something really obvious?

I've been told already to do TW BT which drops ilvl 900 items but I haven't been really lucky with it this week

Any hints I can't get on how to get out of this frustrating situation would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylolzz View Post
    Heya! I'm stuck with gear upgrades and I can't seem to find a way to get out of 880ish ilvl.

I'll start off by saying I've been a hardcore / semi-hardcore raider for the most part of my 10 years of "WoW career", I've been playing the game consistently since I started so never before I found myself in such situation.

I had to leave the game roughly during the first week of Mythic EN due to IRL stuff going on, now that I'm back my guild has disbanded and most of the people I was playing with before my break are now horde (I'm alliance, no I won't go horde). All in all it's not a big deal for me, I don't think I want to commit to mythic raiding at this moment, I'd just be happy if I could pug once or twice a week normal / heroic ToS or NH. But here is the problem, my ilvl is 872.

Every group I look seems to ask for ilvl 900+, most of them ask for 910/915+ and almost all groups ask for the curve achievement. When I apply for low tier m+ I get insta-declined too, probably in favor of someone else with higher ilvl than me.

Outside of m+ and heroic/normal raids I can't seem to find gear items above 880ilvl, so how do get better gear as a solo player? Am I missing something really obvious?

I've been told already to do TW BT which drops ilvl 900 items but I haven't been really lucky with it this week

Any hints I can't get on how to get out of this frustrating situation would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.
    You want to play an MMORPG solo and expect to get decent gear, that's your problem. Get into groups, make your own groups and you'll be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    You want to play an MMORPG solo and expect to get decent gear, that's your problem. Get into groups, make your own groups and you'll be great.
    Val speaks the truth. The only thing you can do solo besides that, is to farm all of the LFR wings and hope you get upgrades. With ToS LFR slowly opening, you will have a much easier time getting past 880 items, but it will be slow unless you do as mentioned above - group up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the normal mythics, get yourself a keystone, then run your own key as much as you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got my druid to 110 about 3 weeks ago and im ilvl 906 now. Just do emissaries, pug mythic dungeons and raids, and do some pvp and hope for a nice high ilvl drop. Also hopefully u can get lucky with world boss drops...

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming sentinax is always an option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Val speaks the truth. The only thing you can do solo besides that, is to farm all of the LFR wings and hope you get upgrades. With ToS LFR slowly opening, you will have a much easier time getting past 880 items, but it will be slow unless you do as mentioned above - group up!
    Even if you don't do Mythic+ and I completely understand if you're worried or anxious about it. I was too at the start, but when I got into it, it was a blast.
    Other than Mythic+, you can do many things to get gear
    1) LFR as Ambrodel said, 885+ gear in there
    2) Relinquished Gear with Nethershards, which are 880+.
    3) Do your dailies to try get Legendaries to bump item level too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Do the normal mythics, get yourself a keystone, then run your own key as much as you can.
    Yeah, basically this. I've geared a number of characters to 880+, sometimes in guild alt runs, sometimes on my own. The most consistent way is to run your own keystone as high as you can. You're not doing this for the gear that actually drops in the dungeon so much as for the weekly chest, which increases in quality at a rate of roughly 5 ilvls per dungeon level.

Also, you can work on doing the invasions to farm nethershards (about 2000 per invasion) for relinquished tokens (5k shards each), which give a guaranteed 880 piece from dungeons, EN, or NH, that can titanforge to higher ilvls, and can even roll legendary if you're lucky.

Also, normal NH pugs should be pretty easy to get into at your ilvl, with heroic being not too far off. Even LFR TOS will give you upgrades of 885+ ilvl. And once you get to about 885-890 overall, you can probably start doing NTOS to gear for heroic.

Mythic plus and sentinax will get you to 900 easily.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    OP says they are trying to pug, but keep getting declined, and the first 6 comments are saying to group up. He/she's trying.
    OT, nethershard farming, LFR, and as said a few posts ago, to get away from getting declined for M+, get your own key and for a group.
    New Legion item stats?
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    an agility chest axe on a fury shaman... FFS, I guess I should have read the patch notes in more detail.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    ^this. if you can get your own key high enough then you can start making 'my key your carry' groups. have you got a guild you can run with?

are we not missing the op's point? Naturally the usual "you play an MMO go make friends and join groups" stuff comes out. However, he didn't say he didn't want to join groups. He has actively tried and been knocked back and was simply enquiring which options (if any) are available to the more solo type player.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

LFR drops 885/895 gear, maybe also find a guild which you can do normal raids with - they are fairly straightforward

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    This, this is the only actual advice to give.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

PVP world quests that give gear aren't a bad option. The items start at 880 but i've had at least a few bits over 900 ilvl and I got a 925 relic recently.

Some of the transmog appearances are really nice at the moment too. Updated tier 6 appearances ftw... probably the overall best tier for tier set appearances in my opinion.

Deleted
    While it seems to be the way that the world thinks these days: You might actually have to "work" for your gear. If you get bumped from Normal ToS groups because of ilvl (which at 885 I can even somewhat understand), then you have to "downgrade". Go normal NH, even heroic NH in PuGs which should be doable even at 885. You might be declined from a couple of groups and should not try and join the "NH rush 900+" groups (because they want to quickly farm through and would not take you anyway), but there are plenty of groups for 880+ or even no ilvl requ around. Patience is key.

The other suggestion as others also said is: Get your own keystone and search for others. While the appetite for these might be lower and you might have to wait for a while to find a group, this also gives you the experience you need in m+ which then comes in handy later for higher keys.

Most importantly: You say you've been a "hardcore raider", so you probably know how important it is to actually know how to play your class. What it can do other than dps to help, for example. When you run with a group, and you prove to be a good player (not dying in stuff, helping out with interrupts/stuns, etc.), then that group is highly likely to take you with them again. You can even add them as battletag friends and ask them later directly if they want to do another run.

Those that do extremely poor dps (relative to their ilvl of course), die to everything and don't do standard stuff like interrupts, cc's, stuns generally leave a bad impression with me and if bad enough I actually blacklist them from my groups.

Lastly, patience is again key: Don't expect to be carried through content that you would not be able to do in a group of your own ilvl just because you took a break. Progress through the levels, which can take time. If you're serious about it, then that should not matter to you.

Deleted
    I appreciate all the feedback you guys gave me so far so thanks all.

I think there was a misunderstanding however. I'm not trying to play a MMORPG solo, I do want to join groups and work my way up for a higher ilvl but my issue is with pugs declining me due to my ilvl. Like i said, my guild has disbanded during my absence and most (if not all) the people I was playing with are either horde or quit'd WoW, so right now I don't have much people I can ask to for a m+ or anything else.

Hey Kylolzz,

No one has mentioned the easiest way to get gear these days without dealing with elitist groups. I got my priest to ilvl 909 without going into a single raid and here's how:

- Get Bloods of Sargeras. You're going to need 200+. Skinning, heroic or mythic dungeons and the Blood Hunter enchant are all fairly quick ways. http://www.wowhead.com/item=140219/b...he-bloodhunter

- Either get a crafting profession that lets you craft the gear you wear or buy crafted gear from the AH. I don't think I need to tell you how to make gold, you being a seasoned wow veteran and all.

- Get 10 Obliterum per slot you have less than 900 ilvl in. This is the most expensive (or time consuming) part. You can either obliterate gear you have obtained or crafted or you can just buy it from others. Each 900 piece will cost you around 12-15k this way, but it's worth it. You need the bloods because crafted gear costs 2 bloods per 5 ilvls to upgrade with Obliterum.

- Look for optimal stats on crafted gear to help offset your lack of Tier.

- Keep doing your emissaries, broken shore world quests and LFR/World Bosses and you'll get 2 legendaries pretty quick, or if you already have them, get them upgraded to 970.

This way, the only slot you really can't fill with crafted gear is your 2nd trinket slot. Those are fairly easy to get from Relinquished tokens for 5k apiece, same with relics. You should be able to get well above ilvl 900 and doing 600k+ DPS (if you're a damage dealer) without joining a single mythic+ or normal raid group. This is pretty easy and that's why everyone expects 900+. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    OP says they are trying to pug, but keep getting declined, and the first 6 comments are saying to group up
    Not uncommon for illiteracy to occur on mmo c
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Consider that 880 is not so bad ilvl for a "casual" (like me) player. At moment i have alts sitting at 900 ilvl, by doing: 1) ToS LFR; 2) PvP world quest, you can easily get 890/900 ilvl gear; 3) Do invasion and pick up 5k shard gear, with some luck you can roll 890+; 4) Having 2 legendary 970 ilvl helps a lot.

But i don't think you can go further then 902 ilvl as a "single player", unless you manage to pug a ToS normal or having a lot of luck with warforge or titanforge.