Poll: So, what do you think of them?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legiondaries are the new purples. Does it matter that they are orange instead of purple? Not really. The ilevel makes them more valuable than standard gear and I feel that's a little off-putting when there is a limit to how many you can equip. Rather equip all just for item level and choose which abilities are on... kind of like a talent system... oh wait we already have that. So now we have a RNG talent system... yeah really fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamse View Post
    I like just about everything about them.

All the bitching is just baby mentally that demands EVERYTHING to be the best or else its trash. They dont think about that if you remove randomness and luck, you're stuck with a mindless predictable grind (i'll have this upgrade in 2 weeks and 3 days and nothing else in between). And imagine just having a progress guide that tells you when to equip this and when to upgrade what. We need the opposite direction.
    This is exactly whats happening, we have a power order for legendary and we know exactly what to put in what situation. it's just to luck how fast you can get to bis but the choice is mostly an illusion.

Its the ones that complain they can only use one spec, because they didnt farm perfect legendaries for the offspec. The ones that demand everything they have to be the best immediately. They dont see by keeping offspecs weaker, you make your mainspec stronger. You make your CHOICES stronger. You make the choices you make about the character and the choices you commit to more important. You get more involved in what your character is supposed to be for you and not just a generic character #id4052883 that is identical to just about every other character on the planet playing the same spec.
    the problem is not really with off spec, it's that even for someone playing mainspec it can be up to a year to get that legendary that really make the spec viable, and in the end when you finally get it, it's more of a sense of relief than anything else. The feeling of i can finally play the spec i put full effort into from start of expac to it's full potential. And yes for some class legendary make not only the spec viable, they also make the spec playable.

Which is the same for the ones that complain about farming for alts. If you expect to have more classes with everything included it just makes your main character less important. I'm not against alts at all, just accept that it completely kills the feeling of having "your own character" if you demand to have 5 others at the same level (progress).
    i don't think alt is a problem either but i think it's a big issue for returning player. it makes them feel like the mountain is unclimable and it's going to be up to luck and not work for them to be able to catch up. don't get me wrong, i have zero problem with the work being long and hard for player returning mid expac but i think it should be one where you can see the end and work for it.

So if anything Blizz should put in more different legendaries, which will add more options and more choices to be made. Also they should try to somehow get rid of the predictability of the lego drops (killpoints). Its not fun knowing that you should get another one next reset when you clear the raid again and it wont happen before or after for sure.
    This is pure BS, they keep adding legendary but there is not more choice. There is the bis set up for ST bis set up for cleave/AoE and maybe for one fight were you need to soak something there 1 more setup... On my rogue for sub (MS) out of the 13 legendary available there is only 4 that have decent use and that's including prydaz (5 if you include cinidaria for odyn). Rest you equipe once in a m+ to see if its good but it's not so you put back in the bank were it takes dust.

Also there is so many legendary that are flat out BORING passive that have zero impact they are basicly a giant stats stick.

finally Killpoints have never really been accurate and argue all you want against bad luck protection( the only thing that makes them somewhat predictable) without it you could basicly go the full expac getting 1 or 2 legendary if unlucky and never "play around" with the amazing option you are pushing as an argument for more legs...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    The title is the question - Do you think they are a good or a bad idea, or were they simply not added in the best way?
    They are not legendaries, they are class items with orange names.
    They are not a customization option because they are not balanced. They don't change your play style, they are an augmentation of a style.
    Leveling an alt becomes extremely frustrating since you have to go to the slot machine again for another character.
    The RNG aspects makes differences in performance between players, in botth terms of raw power or versatility in different encounters, because of luck and not dedication nor skill.

This is the worst legendary system ever implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    finally Killpoints have never really been accurate and argue all you want against bad luck protection( the only thing that makes them somewhat predictable) without it you could basicly go the full expac getting 1 or 2 legendary if unlucky and never "play around" with the amazing option you are pushing as an argument for more legs...
    The problem with badluck protection is that getting a legendary is useless if you get one that does nothing to contribute in the content you do and makes you fall behind.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like a giant cock block preventing me from possibly playing my class as well as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    They are not legendaries, they are class items with orange names.
    They are not a customization option because they are not balanced. They don't change your play style, they are an augmentation of a style.
    Leveling an alt becomes extremely frustrating since you have to go to the slot machine again for another character.
    The RNG aspects makes differences in performance between players, in botth terms of raw power or versatility in different encounters, because of luck and not dedication nor skill.

This is the worst legendary system ever implemented.
    Congratulations, you have won the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    The title is the question - Do you think they are a good or a bad idea, or were they simply not added in the best way?
    I think you made a seriously biased, worthless and 100% shit-tastic poll
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    I think you made a seriously biased, worthless and 100% shit-tastic poll
    Agree with this statement.

I think they're great, the RNG is perhaps unwarranted but they definitely don't ruin the whole system.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    Got bis legendary on my main a couple of days ago, and now I feel like I don't have to play any single aspect of the game except raiding nights.
    Overall, very disappointed with having to get a single gear piece with HUGH RNG behind to stay competitive.
    Hope it doesn't carry on to the next expansion.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would much prefer legendaries having a chance to drop off raid bosses like they used to. The entire quest chain system and ring system isn't legendary feeling, it's generic and boring. This new system is too much Diablo-esque, if I wanted to play Diablo I'd be playing Diablo lol.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Other than reasons that are 100% from the realms of absolute faggotry, what's not to like?

I don't like the system.
    At first it was pure RNG what legendary to get, and the differences were immense in the early game and indeed were a "make or break" issue for many specs.

They fixed the vast differences with the patches, and with time you got more and more so RNG became less and less an issue.

But now you have a dozen "mighty" legendary items in your bag (wtb legendary bag) which feels lame lore wise. So you have those powerful tools, but you can use only two!
    And they practically serve as a new talent system. You switch your legendaries for AoE fights, single target, m+. And getting some new gear you spend the next hour simulating all possible combinations.

Overall "less is more" seems to be quite fitting here. More balance, less RNG would have helped a ton.
    Oh, and more transparency how obtaining them (aka BLP) works and is calculated would have also been fine.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. Add a option to target your next legendary.
    2. Make a catch up system; right now your first 2 legos you'll get very quickly, it should be expanded:
    a) for alts - for example, if your main have 6 oranges, on every other char % for first 6 legendaries will be increased
    b) for everybody - chance for first X legendaries is increased, and X grows with every patch, for example when first raid launch you should have at least 1 lego, with 7.1 - 2, with 7.1.5 - 3, etc.

Make this changes in next expac and system will be perfect. And still serve its purpose - encourage you to do a lot of content. Right now it just doesn't work if you like to play different chars and for min-maxers is extremely irritating.

Too much rng and when you drop a legendary you get frustrated if it's not a good one instead of being happy with the drop.

Having options is a lie, there will always be a combination of two legendaries that will outperform every other combination in 99% of the cases. It's 100% hate for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    as purple gear that drops once in a while ( maybe too often lately )

Deleted
    I find them pretty underwhelming to be honest.

Once you have two equipped there is not much joy from future drops. Oh great, a 970 item!! Right, but I have to un-equip my other 970 to wear it. Oh right, I don't have a spare purple piece to replace the existing legendary with. So I have this awesome e drop that I can't actually equip or make use of. FANTASTIC!!!

Legendaries were 50% of the reason I quit.

Just a really horrible mechanic that forces people to play more to be competitive (same as Artifact Power). And you have that awful situation where you get a legendary, and it's a shit one or the wrong one, or you accidentally had the wrong loot spec or whatever and you just feel like all your work was wasted and you have to start grinding again. Then, before you even get the one you want, they add a load of new shit ones, just to reduce your chances of getting the good one even further.

It's so unbelievably bad that they took something like getting a legendary item which used to be one of the best things that could happen to you in game and turned it into something that could ruin your entire fucking week.

Deleted
    Worst legendary system ever implemented for wow, 10000000% pure hate (and thats from someone who has multiple bis legs on multiple chars). The legendaries as they now are just dont work for WoW at all. Its not oh i got legendary, its darn i got one of the loads of crap/worthless ones instead of the few actulyl usefull ones and when you get your bis ones its not joy its relief.

Many specs still rely to much on them(rogue shoulders, outlaw one that reduces cd of curse of dreadblades) and got effects that should just be basline to make the spec work at all gameplay wise(Bm shoulders as example).
    there is nothing special about nothing interesting, i wasnt huge fan of the ring from wod but atleast you knew what you where gonna get and in what time (mostly like 1maybe 2resets later then other if you where unlucky at worst).
    I wouldve rather had they no legendaries at all in legion then this system.

And theyre just another reason to let players do wq's for emisaries and grind old stuff for bad luck protection while praying you get a good one.
    Legion has many good things and many bad/wrongly impleted stuff (larglly due rng) and legiondaries are just one of the bad things and one of worst things ever to come into the game.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-07-17 at 06:32 PM.

Outstanding addition to the game and the upgrade aspects truly make for an outstanding gear slot.
    It's awesome to know the BiS pieces don't come from high end raid tier.

The only con I have is the transmogs are horrific.

As someone with my 2 best legendaries on my main spec, it's still a terrible system and turns class balancing to a mess, with some specs being borderline unplayable without certain legendaries. Plus it took way too long for me to get my best legendaries.

Still stupid. But like with all unpleasant things, you learn to live with it.

Obviously no good could have come out of slicing out core class mechanics and hating them behind rng.

Horrible idea, probably one of the worst in the history of this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15